General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,421 to 4,440 of 10,613

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,421. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Konata - That face! Those faces! I think that was totally worth saving! XD

Haha, I agree.
Kyoko's face is so priceless x3.

When I read manga on my iPod I always save my favorite pages and randomly read them/ set them as my wallpaper.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,422. Posted:

@Konata
Geeze, I'm realizing just how much of a casual fan I am of anime....

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,423. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Looking into it, apparently Gundam has the Universal Centruy Timeline, but a ton of those seem quite hard to find....And the DVDs are quite expensive...

Yup. It sucks, but once Bandai pulled out, everyone rushed out and bought up all the Gundam DVDs that weren't SEED Destiny. :(

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,424. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
There is a site I occasionally use called AnimeCrazy.net where I've been watching Shoujo Cosette, and I believe I've found the original Mobile Suit Gundam:
http://www.animecrazy.net/mobile-suit-gundam-episode-1/

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,425. Posted:

^Whoops, link doesn't work...darn

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,426. Posted:

Untitled
Yup. Doesn't get much more inspirational than that. I love Gurren Lagann.

Also just downloaded the Crunchyroll app for my new cellphone! X3 Can't wait to get into the habit of watching more anime.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

4,427. Posted:

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

4,428. Posted:

When I found this on Tumblr,I just HAD to post this! >:3
Untitled

(Sorry if this is against the rules. :P )

Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Top 5 games: Pokemon HeartGold, Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Metroid

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

4,429. Posted:

i don't get it

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,430. Posted:

Yeah, like...really, is she really a man, or something? Cus it's 1 AM, so I don't care either way.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,431. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Also just downloaded the Crunchyroll app for my new cellphone! X3 Can't wait to get into the habit of watching more anime.

It's a good app- I have it on my iPod and it makes watching anime so much more easier!

@Rocko52

Shy_Kai

3DS Friend Code: 3024-4966-4489

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,432. Posted:

@Shy_Kai
I have it on my iPod too!
Also on my phone, but I don't use it as much there.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,433. Posted:

@Konata
I really like the app, my only problem with it is that video playback can be a bit dodgy at times! This app introduced me to skip beat <3

Shy_Kai

3DS Friend Code: 3024-4966-4489

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,434. Posted:

Shy_Kai wrote:

@Konata
I really like the app, my only problem with it is that video playback can be a bit dodgy at times! This app introduced me to skip beat <3

You and me are so alike!
it introduced me to Skip beat! also!
I read through the manga too and I'm waiting for the next chapter that comes out next month.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

4,435. Posted:

Yes Fish Eye is a male but turned into a female in the Sailor Moon dub just like they did to Zoisite.

Mewtwo21 wrote:

im looking forward to oreimo 2 , Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S , Attack on Titan, and Suisei no Gargantia .

Oreimo Season 2 and Railgun Season 2 are my two most anticipated ones but I got some others to look forward to such as the Lucky Star spin-off featuring the Miyakawa sisters, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko which I've been wanting to see get an anime adaption since I've been reading the manga, Hayate The Combat Butler since I enjoy that series a lot and many others I'm too lazy to list such as Suisei no Gargantia you mentioned too.

CanisWolfred wrote:

3 different mecha shows are coming out, plus the continuation of Gundam Unicorn and Code Geass: Akito The Exiled. So yes, I'm very, very excited.

Code Geass Akito Episode 2 has been delayed to the Summer.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,436. Posted:

Oh...:(

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,437. Posted:

Shy_Kai wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I decided to watch the first two episodes of Gintama to see if it'd be worth watching once I'm done with One Piece. It is. It really is. I know I was already impressed with the latest season, but it seems like it held that level of quality more or less since the beginning. It has a wonderful mix of comedy, drama, and action, though it still suffered from being more or less a pilot, so hopefully later episodes will be even better.

@CanisWolfred I read some of Gintama and fell in love with it immediately. And unlike other shonen anime/manga, its not bogged down with too much action/fighting scenes (unless you like that of course). The comedy, drama and general wackiness is just so appealing. I watched some of the anime as well- it's hilarious (the way it parodies other animes). Definitely watch it after one piece. Have you tried watching Sket Dance? I've read most of it and its slightly similar to Gintama (alright, it's a vague connection but still!).

Actually, I like the action scenes in Gintama. Yes, they're not as long or frequent as in other shows, but when they're there, they're really awesome. That said, I like that GinTama has a good balance of action, drama, and comedy. It's light-hearted fun a lot of the time, but it knows when to be serious and how to excecute its drama well. One Piece is like that to a certain degree, too, and that's part of why I love it so much. This'd definitely make for a good replacement once I'm done with OP (which should be soon).

And yes, I saw some of SKET Dance when it was new, but I got distracted and forgot to go back to it. It was really funny from what I saw. I should really watch more someday.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

4,438. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I know we've done this before, but what are some of everyone's favorite series?

In no particular order:

Cowboy Bebop - It remains my favorite anime series, even ~12 years after I first watched it. I actually re-watch it (at least) once a year and I still notice a few new things each time. Stylish and cool, with an incredibly strong central cast, one of the best English dubs ever, one of the best soundtracks ever and a sci-fi setting that feels very "lived-in". I honestly have a hard time thinking of one thing I dislike about it.

Kids on the Slope - A bittersweet coming-of-age, slice-of-life story set in 1960s Japan, featuring a great, jazzy soundtrack by the great Yoko Kanno.

Usagi Drop (Bunny Drop) - A short and sweet slice-of-life, with a very touching and often very amusing relationship between the two lead characters (grade-schooler Rin and her new adoptive guardian Daikichi).

One Piece - Easily my favorite long-running shounen. It's just so fun, so endlessly creative, so genuinely funny and so completely unafraid to wear its heart on its sleeve. And the great, bond between the Strawhat crew ties it all together, and OP manages to keep them all involved in the story well beyond their introductions, which many other series of its ilk, even the good ones, struggle with. Even the arcs that are generally considered the "weakest" are usually still really, really good (and that goes for the filler too).

Baccano! - An enormous cast to keep track of, with no one main protagonist? Check. Morally ambiguous characters? Check. Multiple factions playing against each other? Check. Alchemists? Check. Isaac and Miria? Check. A sublime English dub (by Funimation, unsurprisingly)? Check. A luxurious passenger train as a prominent part of the setting? Check. Multiple events (mostly in Depression-era America) that aren't necessarily shown in order? Check. That glorious opening? Check. There was no way I wasn't going to like this.

BECK (Mongolian Chop Squad) - Another fantastic coming-of-age, slice-of-life story, told through the formation, rise and struggles of a young rock band.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Once it has sped through the material that the 2003 series covered in more depth, it quickly comes into its own as an incredibly engaging series that takes its story and characters to places you wouldn't expect. Not to mention a pace that. Never. Lets. Up.

Gurren Lagann - It's like pouring pure adrenaline and manliness straight into your eyeballs.

Planetes - A great hard science fiction series, and one that was completely unafraid to ask difficult questions of its characters and see what they were really made out of.

Monster - The ending is pretty controversial, but this complex, mature thriller had me on the edge of my seat for all 74 episodes.

Samurai Champloo - Sure, it's more uneven than its spiritual predecessor, but I still couldn't help loving its style, its music, its attitude, its action and the three main characters (yes, even Fuu).

Honorable Mentions (of which there are buttload; all of these came to mind before I whittled my list back down to 10... err, 11 series): Mushishi, Trigun, Dragon Ball, Fullmetal Alchemist, Eden of the East, Blood+, Darker Than Black, Casshern Sins, Wolf's Rain, Durarara!!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Spice and Wolf, Yu Yu Hakusho, Soul Eater, Last Exile, xxxHOLiC, Ghost Hound, Black Lagoon, Princess Jellyfish, Occult Academy, Sgt. Frog, Detective Conan

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,439. Posted:

Anyone know a good site for watching anime?

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,440. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone know a good site for watching anime?

I don't have a favorite site for watching anime.
I just suggest having ad block on while you try to find a good site.
I'm not gonna go into detail why x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd