General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,441 to 4,460 of 10,616

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,441. Posted:

@Konata
Ya.....

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

4,442. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I know we've done this before, but what are some of everyone's favorite series?

1. Reborn
2. Pandora Hearts
3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
4. Naruto
5. Bakuman

Honorable mentions: One Piece and Sgt. Frog

Konata wrote:

Konata wrote:

Here are my top five: (not in any order.)
~Lucky Star: First anime that got me into anime watching.
~Ranma 1/2: Second anime I've ever watched, took me a month To go through the whole series. It was worth it.
~Ouran HSHC: Everything about it just makes me laugh.
~Angel Beats: First really dramatic anime I ever watched, I loved it.
~The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya: I really enjoyed this anime, I watch it over and over again.
~Sgt. Frog: Seriously who wouldn't like this anime?
I love Giroro and Natsumi.

Dang it, I forgot to add Sgt. Frog.
Lets make it a top 6 x3.

Natsumi and Giroro are two of my favourite characters as well. Angol Mois and Tamama are my other two favourite characters.

Konata wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
I get the feeling I should watch Sgt. Frog too? (Sigh, I've really got a lot ahead, don't I?)

The best thing for me to do with anime, is make a list of what you wanna watch.
and if you start one you don't like just cross it off the list and start another.
OR, watch two different series at once. I find that helps when I get bored with one I just alternate every couple episodes.

I've got a list of anime to watch too but I watch more series at once. At the moment I'm watching 4 series, 6 is the most I'll watch at once. Watching that many at once and only watching one episode per day is probably why I get through anime slower than a lot of people on here. :P

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,443. Posted:

@FonistofCruxis
I forgot to say that Tamama is my ALL TIME favorite character. (I'm such a bad fan, I forgot to include him x3.)
But Angol Mois is in my top five too x3.
I also love Dororo. I feel sorry for him.
So here is my top five favorite Sgt. Frog characters:
1:Tamama Who wouldn't love his total cuteness?
2: Natsumi I agree, she can be a pain sometimes. But she's still funny.
3: Angol Mois I don't know what I love about her but she adds so much to every episode she's in
4: Dororo I really just feel sorry for him. He is always ignored >_<.
5: Giroro He has no idea how to show his feelings to Natsumi. I wish him the best x3.

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

4,444. Posted:

Now watching the newer dubbed episodes of bleach (episode 282 +) everything else I got bored of and this got my interest.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,445. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Shy_Kai wrote:

@Konata
I really like the app, my only problem with it is that video playback can be a bit dodgy at times! This app introduced me to skip beat <3

You and me are so alike!
it introduced me to Skip beat! also!
I read through the manga too and I'm waiting for the next chapter that comes out next month.

Wow- we are alike! It's nice to have someone to share interests with. I'm reading skip beat too! I'm totally shipping Ren and Kyoko (I just wish he'd actually tell her and she'd stop being too thick to notice. Shou should leave poor Kyoko alone!). I love the whole Cane sibling dynamic they've got going on now.

Shy_Kai

3DS Friend Code: 3024-4966-4489

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,446. Posted:

So, has anyone read SPRITE? They were covering it on Imagine-Nation last night. It's a time travel thriller, where time itself (represented as black water) is actively trying to kill the main protagonists. Now they have to figure out the mystery of why time is attacking them, all while trying to survive the dangerous eras they find themselves in.

Apparently it's growing in popularity in Japan (and other Asian countries, as well as Europe).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,447. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

In no order what's so ever:
Katekyo Hitman Reborn (before the last arc)
Bakuman (very insightful)
Liar Game
One Piece (1000x better than Naruto)
Nodame Cantible
Kekkashi
Samurai Champloo
Ouran High Host Club
Yu-Gi-Oh! ('tis what really got me stuck into anime)

• Cowboy Bebop*
    (Was a lot harder than I thought!)

Other anime/manga I like:
Gintama, Sket Dance, Skip Beat, D. Gray Man, Hana Yori Dango, Claymore, The World Only God Knows, HunterxHunter… this list is too long!!!

Shy_Kai

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,448. Posted:

Shy_Kai wrote:

Konata wrote:

Shy_Kai wrote:

@Konata
I really like the app, my only problem with it is that video playback can be a bit dodgy at times! This app introduced me to skip beat <3

You and me are so alike!
it introduced me to Skip beat! also!
I read through the manga too and I'm waiting for the next chapter that comes out next month.

Wow- we are alike! It's nice to have someone to share interests with. I'm reading skip beat too! I'm totally shipping Ren and Kyoko (I just wish he'd actually tell her and she'd stop being too thick to notice. Shou should leave poor Kyoko alone!). I love the whole Cane sibling dynamic they've got going on now.

I know! Sho/shou makes me mad! (Spoiler When he kissed her I almost threw my iPod against the wall. "Hey Kyoko, wanna let me have a taste?" BLAH. End of spoiler)
After I watched the anime, I started about chapter 60, so I wouldn't read all the stuff I already saw in the anime.
I read from there to the latest one in three days x3.
I read too fast for my own good! Now I have to wait till next month >_<. It's torture.

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,449. Posted:

Shy_Kai wrote:

RR529 wrote:

In no order what's so ever:
Katekyo Hitman Reborn (before the last arc)
Bakuman (very insightful)
Liar Game
One Piece (1000x better than Naruto)
Nodame Cantible
Kekkashi
Samurai Champloo
Ouran High Host Club
Yu-Gi-Oh! ('tis what really got me stuck into anime)

• Cowboy Bebop*
    (Was a lot harder than I thought!)

Other anime/manga I like:
Gintama, Sket Dance, Skip Beat, D. Gray Man, Hana Yori Dango, Claymore, The World Only God Knows, HunterxHunter… this list is too long!!!

Have you watched InuYasha? Since you liked Kekkaishi, I'm fairly certain you'll like this.

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,450. Posted:

@Konata
Tell me about it! It's absolute toture waiting for an update! The manga used to make new chapters every second week but then changed it to once a month! That means only twelve chapters of Skip Beat a year!
But, I love it all the same! (^ω^)Have you tried reading Tokyo Crazy Paradise. It's an older manga made by the same mangaka… Have you ever watched perfect girl evolution?

Shy_Kai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,451. Posted:

Personally I marathon one or two shows at a time, so I don't get any of my shows confused.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,452. Posted:

@Shy_Kai I haven't read/watched either.
What's Perfect Girl Evolution about?

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,453. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Have you watched InuYasha? Since you liked Kekkaishi, I'm fairly certain you'll like this.

Actually I started reading it but the whole KagomeXInuyashaXKikyo love triangle thingy wasn't working for me. Plus a friend told me I wouldn't like the ending. But, I'm curious, I might give it a go again. It was definitely interesting!

What did you think of the ending to Kekkashi?

Shy_Kai

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,454. Posted:

Konata wrote:

@Shy_Kai I haven't read/watched either.
What's Perfect Girl Evolution about?

If you're interested you should watch it instead of reading it (the art depreciates as it progresses for some weird reason). It's about a girl called Sunako she's into horror movies and other scary things. Basically she has to live in a mansion with 4 guys who have to turn her into a "proper lady". This is a rubbish summary but the actual anime is hilarious! Look it up for a better summary- mine really sucks :)

Shy_Kai

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,455. Posted:

Shy_Kai wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Actually I started reading it but the whole KagomeXInuyashaXKikyo love triangle thingy wasn't working for me. Plus a friend told me I wouldn't like the ending. But, I'm curious, I might give it a go again. It was definitely interesting!

Kekkaishi's ending was decent enough. I knew it wouldn't be spectacular, since they ended it early (as in the manga was still going on).

As for InuYasha, why you were probably cautioned about the ending is because it ends on sort of a cliff-hanger, but it has a sequel series now (InuYasha: the Final Act), that wraps everything up nicely.

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,456. Posted:

@Shy_Kai
Ooh! It sounds cool!
I'll watch it and ill tell you what I think!

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,457. Posted:

Actually that Perfect Girl Evolution seems pretty cool. I'll check it out too. :O

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,458. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Shy_Kai wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Kekkaishi's ending was decent enough. I knew it wouldn't be spectacular, since they ended it early (as in the manga was still going on).

As for InuYasha, why you were probably cautioned about the ending is because it ends on sort of a cliff-hanger, but it has a sequel series now (InuYasha: the Final Act), that wraps everything up nicely.

Well then I'll definitely have a go at it again!
As for Kekkashi, I read the manga and its ending wasn't so spectacular either (which sucked; there had been so much build up too!)

Shy_Kai

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,459. Posted:

@Konata and @Retro_on_theGo

It's also called The Wallflower! The openings a bit weird but don't let that scare you away! Lol. If you watch it tell me what you think :)

Shy_Kai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,460. Posted:

Oh, I've heard of The Wallflower. Not sure, but I might've heard good things, too.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~