Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 4,441 to 4,460 of 11,594

Arianabtd

Shy_Kai wrote:

Konata wrote:

Shy_Kai wrote:

@Konata
I really like the app, my only problem with it is that video playback can be a bit dodgy at times! This app introduced me to skip beat <3

You and me are so alike!
it introduced me to Skip beat! also!
I read through the manga too and I'm waiting for the next chapter that comes out next month.

Wow- we are alike! It's nice to have someone to share interests with. I'm reading skip beat too! I'm totally shipping Ren and Kyoko (I just wish he'd actually tell her and she'd stop being too thick to notice. Shou should leave poor Kyoko alone!). I love the whole Cane sibling dynamic they've got going on now.

I know! Sho/shou makes me mad! (Spoiler When he kissed her I almost threw my iPod against the wall. "Hey Kyoko, wanna let me have a taste?" BLAH. End of spoiler)
After I watched the anime, I started about chapter 60, so I wouldn't read all the stuff I already saw in the anime.
I read from there to the latest one in three days x3.
I read too fast for my own good! Now I have to wait till next month >_<. It's torture.

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

RR529

Shy_Kai wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I know we've done this before, but what are some of everyone's favorite series?

In no order what's so ever:
Katekyo Hitman Reborn (before the last arc)
Bakuman (very insightful)
Liar Game
One Piece (1000x better than Naruto)
Nodame Cantible
Kekkashi
Samurai Champloo
Ouran High Host Club
Yu-Gi-Oh! ('tis what really got me stuck into anime)

• Cowboy Bebop*
    (Was a lot harder than I thought!)

Other anime/manga I like:
Gintama, Sket Dance, Skip Beat, D. Gray Man, Hana Yori Dango, Claymore, The World Only God Knows, HunterxHunter… this list is too long!!!

Have you watched InuYasha? Since you liked Kekkaishi, I'm fairly certain you'll like this.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Shy_Kai

@Konata
Tell me about it! It's absolute toture waiting for an update! The manga used to make new chapters every second week but then changed it to once a month! That means only twelve chapters of Skip Beat a year!
But, I love it all the same! (^ω^)Have you tried reading Tokyo Crazy Paradise. It's an older manga made by the same mangaka… Have you ever watched perfect girl evolution?

Shy_Kai

Shy_Kai

RR529 wrote:

Have you watched InuYasha? Since you liked Kekkaishi, I'm fairly certain you'll like this.

Actually I started reading it but the whole KagomeXInuyashaXKikyo love triangle thingy wasn't working for me. Plus a friend told me I wouldn't like the ending. But, I'm curious, I might give it a go again. It was definitely interesting!

What did you think of the ending to Kekkashi?

Shy_Kai

Shy_Kai

Konata wrote:

@Shy_Kai I haven't read/watched either.
What's Perfect Girl Evolution about?

If you're interested you should watch it instead of reading it (the art depreciates as it progresses for some weird reason). It's about a girl called Sunako she's into horror movies and other scary things. Basically she has to live in a mansion with 4 guys who have to turn her into a "proper lady". This is a rubbish summary but the actual anime is hilarious! Look it up for a better summary- mine really sucks

Shy_Kai

RR529

Shy_Kai wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Actually I started reading it but the whole KagomeXInuyashaXKikyo love triangle thingy wasn't working for me. Plus a friend told me I wouldn't like the ending. But, I'm curious, I might give it a go again. It was definitely interesting!

Kekkaishi's ending was decent enough. I knew it wouldn't be spectacular, since they ended it early (as in the manga was still going on).

As for InuYasha, why you were probably cautioned about the ending is because it ends on sort of a cliff-hanger, but it has a sequel series now (InuYasha: the Final Act), that wraps everything up nicely.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Shy_Kai

RR529 wrote:

Shy_Kai wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Kekkaishi's ending was decent enough. I knew it wouldn't be spectacular, since they ended it early (as in the manga was still going on).

As for InuYasha, why you were probably cautioned about the ending is because it ends on sort of a cliff-hanger, but it has a sequel series now (InuYasha: the Final Act), that wraps everything up nicely.

Well then I'll definitely have a go at it again!
As for Kekkashi, I read the manga and its ending wasn't so spectacular either (which sucked; there had been so much build up too!)

Shy_Kai

Shy_Kai

@Konata and @Retro_on_theGo

It's also called The Wallflower! The openings a bit weird but don't let that scare you away! Lol. If you watch it tell me what you think

Shy_Kai

Shy_Kai

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh, I've heard of The Wallflower. Not sure, but I might've heard good things, too.

It's a good anime. Short and funny! The main character Sunako's odd and I like that in a female protagonist

Shy_Kai

Mewtwo21

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone know a good site for watching anime?

Anime Ultima.tv is the site i always use

Mewtwo21

Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

Arianabtd

@Shy_Kai
I watched half of the first Perfect Girl Evolution episode,
And I just couldn't finish it x3.
I mean I thought it was pretty funny... But here is what I had a problem with.
~I know anime/manga sometimes styles guys to look like girls. When they introduced the guys I thought they were all girls!
I couldn't look past that. Especially with the Puffed up lips of one them.
most Animation styles turn me off really quickly with anime x3. This one was okay, as it sorta reminded me of Skip Beat!
But the guys I couldn't look past x3.
I will probably come back to it one of these days to finish it x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Arianabtd

Anyhoo, I must go to bed now.
But today I leave you again with another random page of Skip Beat! that I've randomly saved to my iPod.
(This should be a tradition.)
Untitled

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Rocko52

@Konata
Have you watched Death Note?

Anime watching: Lupin III (Green Jacket) Diebuster & Ouran Highschool Host Club
Games playing: Metal Gear Solid 2

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
Fan translations can be a bit annoying, when I first watched Death Note via Netflix it had the official subs, and now the I'm rewatching it, over a year later, it feels a bit off since it's a fansub.

Anime watching: Lupin III (Green Jacket) Diebuster & Ouran Highschool Host Club
Games playing: Metal Gear Solid 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic