Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,621 to 12,640 of 13,108

SquidOnTheRise

@Blooper987 @jump

From what i remember it starts with some kid who rent a vhs from a store and when they play it, it transports them to another dimension or make appear some kind of character im not too sure. I know its vague but i dont remember much

Edited on by SquidOnTheRise

SquidOnTheRise

jump

@SquidOnTheRise can you please try breaking it down some more as the details you gave aren’t great. What decade, was it dubbed, it was more mature or kiddish etc?

From your description it sounds like an isekai anime so if you're desperate enough to know google lists of isekai anime and go through them til you find it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SquidOnTheRise

@jump

The thing is i dont remember much and i probably didnt see much of it either, thats why i need you 😁

Its old though, probably 80s or 90s

But thanks anyway, i'll try to browse through isekai 👍

Edited on by SquidOnTheRise

SquidOnTheRise

BruceCM

Good luck, I think there's quite a lot of that....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

It could be worse, imagine googling anime VHS and trying to find it through all of those results ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

1ofUs

Is demon slayer mugen train gonna be on netflix?

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

Laoak

Caught up with Attack on Titan (and the manga) and ooooh boy anime-onlies are gonna love this season. Would talk about it more but I'm worried about spoiling people, discussing currently airing anime is hard without spoiling

Re:Zero Season 2 Part 2 is still as strong as ever, I highly recommend the series. Yes the first half of Season 1 can be slow at parts (specifically the first few episodes) but everything is worth it, and S2 continues to improve on the foundations set in S1. Once again, no spoilers here (though i am not caught up with the LN/WN)

Watched Jujutsu Kaisen and Rent a Girlfriend for catching up on 2020 anime. RaG is just harem/romance trash but hey, one mans trash is another mans treasure and it wasn't as bad as some other shows. I'll give it a 6. Jujutsu Kaisen is amazing though, MAPPA continues to be a great studio, and they know how to do their CGI.

In Non-Recent shows, I watched K-On!!, Dragon Maid, A Silent Voice (freaking loved it) and Log Horizon 1. I am yet to finish Season 2 though.

I also recently created a MyAnimeList (not too sure if linking it is allowed or if it counts as "self promotion"), and whilst I have a few gripes with the website (why can you rate a series before it is even done?), I like the CSS customisation options and it's good for keeping track of what I watch.

{funny quote here}

Blooper987

@Laoak how was Dragon Maid? I’m thinking of watching it in the future

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Laoak

@Blooper987 Its was a fun show, nothing crazy but I didn't expect that from a SOL. It was a fun ride, I'd say it's around a 6-7/10

{funny quote here}

Blooper987

Me and my friend are going to start watching Love Is War soon! I'm super excited because it'll be the first time we've watched an anime together since I made him watch Danganronpa: The Animation back in october.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

LuigibrineTheGreat

Is it weird that I want to watch all my anime the old fashioned way of bluray? I don't believe in streaming services.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Maxz

That is perfectly fine. People who want to use streaming services can use them. People who like disk based media can use that. The evidence for the existence of both disks and streaming services is pretty strong, so it shouldn’t really matter who believes what.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

jump

@Andrew_R_2000 Don't say you don't believe in them as eveytime you do a fairy dies.

Nicolai wrote:

Laoak

@Blooper987 Love is War is amazing, especially the manga. Can't wait for Season 3!

{funny quote here}

LuigibrineTheGreat

@Laoak They use your card information to spy on you! They know every degenerate series you are in to!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

JoeDiddley

@Laoak I also really loved A Silent Voice.

I was a bit disappointed in the first part of Re Zero season 2. But I will catch up soon as I keep hearing great things.

AOT is a bit intimidating to catch up on as I haven’t started! I’m intrigued though as I hear it’s a mech anime without the mechs.

I’m a bit shy for self promotion but my MAL link is in my signature below if you’d like to add me. It’d be fun to see what others here are watching.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

jump

@JustMe Yeah, the 90s movie is self contained, the only thing that came before it was the manga it was based on. It is a dense film so they don't spend much time explaining things rather than you missed out on the series or something.

It's fantastic film. It has gorgeous visuals and sequences, delivers grounded intresting action, you see heart-breaking consequences and provides armchair philosophy to think about. It has gone on to influence films beyond anime like The Matrix and Avatar but I'd rate GITS as better than them myself.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

@JustMe yeah Pyacho Pass and GITS share a lot in common so I’d imagine you like PP you will like GITS.

I remember watching Black Lagoon, I thought it was fine but nothing special but Trigun is a classic, you should enjoy it.

Nicolai wrote:

Laoak

@Andrew_R_2000 Crunchyroll already knows what terrible shows I'm into! Can't wait for the future when I watch Domestic Girlfriend on Crunchyroll only for my PS4 to recommend me trashy games

{funny quote here}

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic