Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,741 to 8,760 of 9,620

randomous

@Moorpheel Why not just package all the stuff together? Do you need some help doing that?

randomous

Eel

randomous wrote:

@Moorpheel Why not just package all the stuff together? Do you need some help doing that?

I considered asking you that, but to be honest, I kinda want to leave them as free, editable sources. That way the user can create its own items and textures easily by drawing on top of the default ones.

The main game would get bigger too. And small updates would be a hassle to scan.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

@Moorpheel Bah, fine lol. Why don't you allow the user to choose which one they want, but name them all differently like you have now. You could attempt to load the textures when they choose one, but check the RESULT variable to see if the texture exists. That way, people could have just one texture if they choose, or have all three at the same time without switching between them all.

randomous

Discostew

Moorpheel wrote:

Is there any way to prevent the LOAD command from showing an error message if the file isn't found?

I don't think so.

Sorry if I haven't been around for a bit. Finally got money coming to me that will allow me to upgrade my computer, so I've been spending a lot of time researching on parts to get.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Eel

Yay, forest creation screen done. I followed randomous's advice and the game tries to lad all three tilesets before anything else (and closes if none is present). Depending on which ones are loaded in the system, the creation screen and the item I mentioned before adapt themselves to it. Additionally, the item also comes with a chance of changing the character instead of the graphics, at random

The game is basically done, now I'm just looking for stuff to fix or etc.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

@Moorpheel Don't forget to post it on the Wiki as well! People are dying to play it over there lol.

randomous

Discostew

randomous wrote:

@Discostew Do you need help?

With the game or with my computer? Don't worry, I got them both under control.

Discostew

randomous

@Discostew Lol with the computer. I know you're more than capable of programming whatever you want, so it's definitely not that. I'm sure you'll do just fine building a computer.

randomous

Discostew

@randomous Oh, building computers is simple. I've been doing that kind of stuff for the past 2 decades (yes, I'm that old). It's a matter of putting together good components that are compatible with each other, offer the capabilities you need, and finding out the best prices that's the trickier part.

Discostew

randomous

@Discostew That's the part I was talking about lol. A computer really only has 8 parts, and every connector/connection pair is apparent. Lol I didn't think you couldn't assemble a computer.

randomous

TexMurphy

@Bluerobin2 But I can't seem to scan the qr codes. : ( Petit Computer might sell more programs? Maybe the original programer got in trouble for using company computers to create the game?
@Discostew I put computers together when they had 30pin sims. lol. What happened to plug and play?
EDIT: Bluerobin2 I finally was able to scan the qr codes when I made them extremely large. Thanks,

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic