DSiWare Forum

Topic: GO Series: Fishing Resort

Showing 1 to 15 of 15

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

1. Posted:

I couln't find a thread for this game, so I decided to make one...
I bought it in a "I want to buy something! D:" moment but this time I don't regret it!

I mean, I don't like fishing, but this is so much fun!
I have caught 190 fish (13 of them giant {the biggest being a 127cm carp}) in 6 hours (I play it in short sessions).

I don't really like how I need to buy the equipment again after some fights (the best equipment lasts 20 fights, the Call-It Bell can only be used once, etc) but it actually kind of balances the game.
The missions are kind of harsh too. I think some of them would've been better as "achievements", I mean, I have gotten 8 Greats in a row, but I wasn't trying the "Get 8 Greats in a row" that time, so it doesn't count! some are just ridiculous, Get 50 Greats in a single battle? (I don't think I have ever been in a battle that long! [not to mention I will probably be in one when I am not trying that mission])

The controls are great (though getting Greats and landing the fish while fishing can feel very random at times) and the 3 "mini games" that form the fishing are actually very fun (the "battle" part can get very epic with the bigger fish). "Calling" a giant fish is also very rewarding, just fishing one without calling it is amazing by itself.

Am I the only person addicted to this game?

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

2. Posted:

Well, after the two year hiatus I had from this game, I finally beat it! (Took me 18 hours and 695(95 giants) fish in total!)

Catching all the legendary fish in the game was very fun. A special version of the credits rolled (and got unlocked in the settings menu) and I got a golden star in my member's card.

Totally worth it.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Klimbatize

3. Posted:

Yay!

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

4. Posted:

Klimbatize wrote:

Yay!

I know right
Untitled

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aquilalex

5. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

Well, after the two year hiatus I had from this game, I finally beat it! (Took me 18 hours and 695(95 giants) fish in total!)

Catching all the legendary fish in the game was very fun. A special version of the credits rolled (and got unlocked in the settings menu) and I got a golden star in my member's card.

Totally worth it.

Really?, You beat it?, Can you post pics of the legendary fishes?, I love fishing games too and I've played this in short sessions too but I never be lucky enough catch a single legendary one!

Yo sobrevivi al apocalipsis Maya!
3DS Friendcode: 3866-8133-8514

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

6. Posted:

Here you go:

Spring - http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/69997734963
Summer - http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/70034400074
Autumn - http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/70049420933
Winter - http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/69995313272

Before you can even see the legendary fishies around, you will have to spend a wealthy amount of points in hints from the shop.
They are the narrative of this game and they are needed to unlock fish.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aquilalex

7. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

Here you go:

Spring - http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/69997734963
Summer - http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/70034400074
Autumn - http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/70049420933
Winter - http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/69995313272

Before you can even see the legendary fishies around, you will have to spend a wealthy amount of points in hints from the shop.
They are the narrative of this game and they are needed to unlock fish.

You have to catch them on a specific season?, I didn't even imagine that!, Also how much floats are out there? The "bad" one have some really use?

Yo sobrevivi al apocalipsis Maya!
3DS Friendcode: 3866-8133-8514

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

8. Posted:

Yes, they are season specific.

I don't know if I got all the floats, but usually newer=better.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aquilalex

9. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

Yes, they are season specific.

I don't know if I got all the floats, but usually newer=better.

Thanks for taking the time to answer bro!, right now I only have 14 of 19 type of fish and the girl says I have to catch at least 15 of them to start to see legendary ones. . .oh well. . .

Yo sobrevivi al apocalipsis Maya!
3DS Friendcode: 3866-8133-8514

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

10. Posted:

No problem!

You just need to keep buying hints and eventually they'll start saying things like "X fish can be found in Y place" and BAM new fish appear.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aquilalex

11. Posted:

Well not too much but it´s something!

Untitled

Yo sobrevivi al apocalipsis Maya!
3DS Friendcode: 3866-8133-8514

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

12. Posted:

I think this is the largest fish I have cought:

http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/69958073378

It's so big it doesn't fit in the screen.

This is the first fish I caught in the sequel:

http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/75881090062

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aquilalex

13. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

I think this is the largest fish I have cought:

http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/69958073378

It's so big it doesn't fit in the screen.

This is the first fish I caught in the sequel:

http://abgarok.tumblr.com/image/75881090062

Untitled

Yo sobrevivi al apocalipsis Maya!
3DS Friendcode: 3866-8133-8514

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

14. Posted:

It was a lucky catch :D

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aquilalex

15. Posted:

Ok, I'll keep fishin I guess. . .
Untitled

Edited on by Aquilalex

Yo sobrevivi al apocalipsis Maya!
3DS Friendcode: 3866-8133-8514