Forums

Topic: WarioWare D.I.Y. Hype Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 191

DF2506

@Quikman: It has good pick-up-play value. The longest part of the game are the Gamer Maker tutorials (though, even those you can take your time with them and do them in bursts I think) & the music creator (if you go crazy with it). The micro-games included and the comics are very short. Once you get past the Gamer Maker tutorials, you can go into the game maker and make a game in short bursts (there's the save option when you want to quit).

Though, you may find yourself addicted to the game maker and not want to stop once you start. lol.

So, ya, it can be played in short bursts. Its up to you though. Thats a lot of games to play! You may want to wait.

DF2506

Kaeobais

Is there a way to make the background scroll?

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Bassman_Q

@DF2506- Alright cool thanx. I might still buy it soon, cuz either way sooner or later I know I'll buy it eventually.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

DF2506

@Shadx: Don't think so, since you can't place AI on the background and you can't create another cell for the background either. Though, there is a stage effect that makes everything shake for a bit. lol. (as an aside: then again, you never know. maybe someone will figure out a way to scroll the background...)

@Qwikman: No problem.

Edited on by DF2506

DF2506

Kaeobais

Well, I'm creating an NES Metroid game where you have to get Samus to roll under a block, and she's running on some blue rock tiles. I managed to get a cool scrolling effect by making 3 identical objects consisting of 4 tiles which each have a 2 frame animation giving the effect that their scrolling. Except it takes up ALOT of space. I just barely have enough room left to add the death animation ...

Edited on by Kaeobais

SuperPeach

This game is pretty cool. I just got it yesterday. Am I the only one who thinks that this is very similar to mario paint?

SuperPeach

longtimegamer

I have a DS phat. If I got this, would i be able to upload things for others ds or wiis(as well as download? (I'm not so sure about the last part unless I do it on my wii.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Joeynator3000

hits his head against the table Stupid money, I want this now!!!

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SMW

longtimegamer wrote:

I have a DS phat. If I got this, would i be able to upload things for others ds or wiis(as well as download? (I'm not so sure about the last part unless I do it on my wii.

Your DS model does not matter. WarioWare connects and uploads on its own. (In fact, nothing from the DSi is used in WarioWare.)

To upload, all that you need is the DS version of the game and some friend codes. This I know for certain.

The Wii one can only download games from your DS or select ones provided by Nintendo. (I believe that it can send games locally to your DS version, though.) I don't have either one yet, but thats how I believe it all works.

SMW

longtimegamer

@SMW: Thanks bud. I should try to get the ds game. I'd possibly consider getting the wiiware one, but I have 600 pts and would have to add 10 worth to get it. Got to be careful with my money right now.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Kaeobais

I have a question, are the big name games that are being released the same on both platforms? I mean, will Showcase get different games? I can't get my DS to hook up to my router, but my Wii has an online connection, so I was hoping I could send the games from the Wii to the DS.

Also, is Showcase's Balloon Trip game 4 players?

Bassman_Q

OK I bought the game. Takes FOREVER to create games but I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to make a minigame where you can have your object slide with your stylus? Or is it just restricted to tapping games? Cuz 80% of the games I'd like to make rely on sliding an object.

2. For some reason, my DSi cannot connect to the internet on this game. However, I can connect to the DSiShop on my DSi. Is it because WW DIY can't connect with Advanced Settings? Cuz that's what I have to use on my DSi.

Please help!

Bassman_Q

wariofart

Hello, I'm getting this game today. But I have one question. How good is the music creator? I love to fool around with things like toneMatrix, the Nintendogs white disk, and Electroplankton. And It would be totally sick to make my own music, but none of the review take about the music maker in depth. Thanks.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Bros. 3

kellykel

wariofart wrote:

Hello, I'm getting this game today. But I have one question. How good is the music creator? I love to fool around with things like toneMatrix, the Nintendogs white disk, and Electroplankton. And It would be totally sick to make my own music, but none of the review take about the music maker in depth. Thanks.

It is pretty good. There are settings for tempo, 48 measures in all when making a record, 8bit sounds, 4 tracks and a rhythm for drums, a track can have one instrument and rythm can have 14 instruments in all. There are over 100 different kinds of rhythm instuments and 48 instuments for tracks. 25 different pitches when making music. You can save 90 records at a time. It is pretty awesome.

Edit: You can share your music over wifi so put your friend code here-----> https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/online_gaming/na_warioware... if you get it.

Edited on by kellykel

Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kellykel

Tsuchinoko

If anyone wants to send microgames to my Wii, i just got WW Showcase. I'd love to try some of your games

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

kellykel

If anyone was wondering how to edit games, you can import them on the "Choose game A or B" screen. You can do this with records and comics too.

Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kellykel

mnementh

Did anyone ever play Bugs Bunny Cartoon Workshop? 1990 DOS game

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

wariofart

I got the game, and have to admit, totally AWESOME! I've only completed the tutorial and made one microgame, but it was a lot of fun! The music creator was also pretty sick, thanks kellykel for the info.
Now on to making more microgames...

Currently Playing: Super Mario Bros. 3

Bassman_Q

kellykel wrote:

If anyone was wondering how to edit games, you can import them on the "Choose game A or B" screen. You can do this with records and comics too.

Awww! If only I read that earlier! I spent about 20 minutes trying to edit the game by importing each separate object/sprite and resetting each AI! Oh well. I will use this next time thanx!

Bassman_Q

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.