Forums

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,621

Hairmanban19

randomous wrote:

@Patrickwins Cool, thanks for finding a cool use for the music.

Edit: Hey, I'm making that Gravity Falls song. This is just the very beginning of the song, because I wanted to know if this is the style you're going for when you say "8-bit". I don't want to make the whole song and then realize that you didn't want it like that. Try it out!

-Picture Removed-

Edit 2: Uhhh I just went ahead and made the whole thing anyway. Hope you like it! Why did you want this again?

Untitled

You did really good on this!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

This is for my pre-pre-beta of "Person's Text RPG: Lost"
http://imageshack.us/f/824/j2a.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/59/tr68.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/855/8kvv.png/
Once this is done and if you guys like it, I'll come out with more.

And these are for my little ball game time killer:
http://imageshack.us/f/191/3zm.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/826/esh.png/

I love it! Please continue making this since text games can be long because they don't take much space!

InsertPi

OK GUYS!!!
After hours of nonstop coding today, I present to you Person RPG Chapters 1-3!!! The full game will have about 7 chapters. This only has one minor bug, which I've already fixed, has a save file, menu, songs, battles, obtainable items, dialogue, and a storyline! (along with a bit of humour)
Anyway, here it is!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

To use it, open the PRG:PSNRPG file. That had the menu, and chapters 1-3.PLEASE if you have any ideas for the next few chapters, tell me. I have it in 2 programs because it makes editing it easier. Once it is done, I will combine it into one prg file.
EDIT: To play chapter 4, replace the PRG:PR4 file with the new one I have posted. You still need to open the PRG:PSNRPG file to play it

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

@hairmanban19 thx! gives me encouragement to continue.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

TexMurphy

@randomouse
Love the song! I had to drop the O in melody down to 3. Hmm, what's next "Phantom of the Opera"! Can you teach us how to write mml? Also how did the Ys program add vocoloid. With that someone could make Hatsune Miku.

TexMurphy

randomous

@Patriplexity @hairmanban19 @TexMurphy Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! The O5 in the melody is the correct octave, but I can understand if it kills your ears.

@hairmanban19 I did the "Gravity Falls" theme because it lent itself well to being transferred to MML. From its easily discernible melody to its methodical rhythm and counter melody, it was just an all around good song for transferring. Unfortunately, the "Adventure Time" theme is mostly guitar and vocals, and it just wouldn't be possible for me to make it sound good. Not to mention that the actual melody part is only 11 seconds long (the rest is just sound effects), so it's just not going to work. I'm really sorry!

Edit: It's not that I don't think you could make the theme song on Petit Computer and make it sound good, I just don't think that I could make it sound good.

@TexMurphy I have no idea how to produce anything remotely sounding like vocals from MML / sound waves, I'm sorry. I learned MML from this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663843-petit-computer/63524945 and a bit of tinkering just to try it out.

Edit: I've made a post in the tutorial section as a "Basic MML guide". It won't teach you everything, but it should get you started. https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer_tut...

Edited on by randomous

randomous

InsertPi

Here's chapter 4. To get it, delete the PRG:PR4 file and replace it with this one. DO NOT REPLACE THE PRG:PSNRPG! The PRG:PSNRPG is the menu and chapters 1-3. Thanks!
Untitled Untitled
EDIT: I'm still looking for ideas for the final 2 chapters! You guys have any?

Edited on by InsertPi

bmx7000

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Here's chapter 4. To get it, delete the PRG:PR4 file and replace it with this one. DO NOT REPLACE THE PRG:PSNRPG! The PRG:PSNRPG is the menu and chapters 1-3. Thanks!
Untitled Untitled

why don't you just post the same file and overwrite the old one ?

bmx7000

InsertPi

@bmx7000 this is the overwritten one. Provided in my last post was the old PRG:PR4 file. What I have just posted is the new PRG:PR4.

InsertPi

Could someone make a mml of "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" brute "danger is near" music?

InsertPi

nvm about the music making

InsertPi

OK! I told you I code fast and nonstop. Here it is! Person's Text RPG v1_0
Untitled
I am not done implementing chapters yet, as you see at the end of Chapter 5. I will add more later in later updates. Your save files will still work with each version, so when I release v1_1, you will not have to play Chapters 1-5 again. This will overwrite the PRG:PSNRPG file. The PRG:PR4 file is NO LONGER NEEDED. There is a bug where bone usage will deduct by 2 occasionally, and will be fixed in v1_1. Thanks for playing!

Edited on by InsertPi

steriaca

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Untitled
I am not done implementing chapters yet, as you see at the end of Chapter 5. I will add more later in later updates. Your save files will still work with each version, so when I release v1_1, you will not have to play Chapters 1-5 again. This will overwrite the PRG:PSNRPG file. The PRG:PR4 file is NO LONGER NEEDED. There is a bug where bone usage will deduct by 2 occasionally, and will be fixed in v1_1. Thanks for playing!

It is telling me I need 7 QRs, and there is only 6. Is this why I feal like Caption Pickard ("There are four lights.")

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

InsertPi

steriaca wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Untitled

It is telling me I need 7 QRs, and there is only 6. Is this why I feal like Caption Pickard ("There are four lights.")

Ty. I will fix that immediately

InsertPi

@steriaca ok fixed it relook at my post

steriaca

Thank you. I'll try to scan them the next time I get real computer time (My two hours of public libary computer time is up, and you try scaning qr codes from a DSi screen with your 3DS...)

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Hairmanban19

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Untitled

You are doing a really good job on this!

Hairmanban19

@IamAPerson620 in your Person RPG,after every 10 chapters you should make it so you play as a new survivor in a new part of the island.

InsertPi

@hairmanban19 i love that idea, but thatd be a lot of coding in one file. I think what ill do is after one person gets rescued then ill make another version
EX.
This Version - Person's Text RPG: Lost
Next Version - Person's Text RPG: Lost II
etc.
thx for the idea!

Edited on by InsertPi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.