Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,861 to 7,880 of 9,620

randomous

This is quite a silly question, but it has always bugged me, and I'd like to know. It says in the manual that MAINCNTL can only keep track of the frames for a certain amount of time, then it has to stop. I figure this is because of overflow issues, but I really need to use MAINCNTL for a much longer period than what the manual says it can do. However, I don't need it to tell me exactly how many frames have passed, I just need it to tell me whether or not a VSYNC actually did anything. Thus, I was wondering whether or not MAINCNTL is periodic, or whether it just stops working after a certain amount of time. If I can't use MAINCNTL to determine if a VSYNC pushed us to the next frame or not, how else would I keep real track of the frames?

Edit: Goodness gracious, I should practice what I preach. The answer is on the WIki, if anybody's interested: http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/MAINCNTL_and_MAINCNTH_(Sy...

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Discostew

Yep, MAINCNTL(ow) and MAINCNTH(igh). You can make 2 variables that hold these values, and then each loop, first examine MAINCNTLH to see if it differs from what you recorded. If the same, then check MAINCNTL.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

LeviCelJir

@IAmAPerson I successfully converted my 1.5 map into 1.7.1 with no crashing and I can build and save Yayyyyyy!!!!!!!! I'm getting so much done today...

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

ramstrong

@randomous

If that stream is y*256+x, then my understanding of @Discostew algorithm is correct. Just in case, here is something to try. Replace the core of the program

GPAGE 0
C=GSPOIT((I*64+X*8+XX),(J*64+Y*8+YY))
GPAGE 1
GPSET CX,CY,C
CX=(CX+1)%256
IF CX==0 THEN CY=CY+1

With this straight translation from Discostew code:

GPAGE 0
OS=J*16384+I*4096+Y*512+X*64+YY*8+XX
IS=J*16384+I*64+Y*2048+X*8+YY*256+XX
OSX=FLOOR(OS%256): OSY=FLOOR(OS/256)
ISX=FLOOR(IS%256): ISY=FLOOR(IS/256)
C=GSPOIT(ISX,ISY)
GPSET ISX,ISY,0
GPAGE 1
GPSET OSX,OSY

The pictures given by both versions are identical. So, I don't know what's wrong. Maybe Discostew can enlighten me?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Discostew

@ramstrong @randomous You really want to know where the problem lies? You're going to hit yourselves on the forehead after I tell you this.

Here's the thing about the GRP within PTC. It's "already" in the 8x8,8x8,4x3 format. What you want to do is convert in the "opposite" direction. In the portion where you have the GSPOIT and GSET, swap the location variables/algorithm, so that you're reading with CX/CY, and writing with the other calculation.

The current setup is taking the current format, and applying the 8x8,8x8,4x3 conversion a 2nd time. That's why it looks so screwy. Basically, you were converting into it rather than converting out of it.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ramstrong

Discostew wrote:

@ramstrong @randomous You really want to know where the problem lies? You're going to hit yourselves on the forehead after I tell you this.

Here's the thing about the GRP within PTC. It's "already" in the 8x8,8x8,4x3 format. What you want to do is convert in the "opposite" direction. In the portion where you have the GSPOIT and GSET, swap the location variables/algorithm, so that you're reading with CX/CY, and writing with the other calculation.

The current setup is taking the current format, and applying the 8x8,8x8,4x3 conversion a 2nd time. That's why it looks so screwy. Basically, you were converting into it rather than converting out of it.

Ahahaha, the double encoding problem I've been very careful about! Well, @randomous, you know what to do now. ^_^;

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ShadowGame

I've got a question:
Is Petit Computer Utilites legal to download?

ShadowGame

Pixelrobin

@ShadowGame of course! Why would it be illegal? Its used to manipulate PTC files. Would the hundreds of photo editing programs out there be illegal too since they didn't own the photo file formats?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

GraphicGenius

@randomous If you are making sudoku you should use that NUMRECOG thing in it.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

randomous

@GraphicGenius Hmm... it's almost like that's what I made it for lol (sarcasm). I'm sorry, I know that was rude. Yes, that's what I'm planning on doing.

randomous

GraphicGenius

@randomous by the way can you do something where it doesn't print any of the data or guesses?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

randomous

@GraphicGenius I'd like to finish up the Sudoku game first, then I'll release a number recognition tool. I know I'll be adding stuff to it (like saving your handwriting and whatnot), plus I might tweak the recognition function, so I want to wait. I'm sorry!

randomous

InsertPi

Ok. I have finished Minecraft DS Beta 1.8 (@Bluerobin2 you are now in the credits under "Terrain Generator"), I will now work on syntax highlights in my THOLITU interpreter! dag nab it...

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson hey thanks! So I see you found it useful and glitch free? No seriously, any problems with it? I am using it myself you know.

InsertPi

@Bluerobin2 it is working perfectly. I've changed it to my needs, and it's much faster than my other one. (My other one for a 64x64 map took about 30 tones as long as yours, no exaggeration)

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson may I see your generator out of curiosity?

ShadowGame

When is the iOS edition of the strategy guide going to come?

ShadowGame

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic