Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,041 to 6,060 of 9,620

boot

Pootrick2 wrote:

boot wrote:

Minecraft creeper games Qrs are out! look on the sharing thread

Yes finally thanks so much!

NP. tell me if you like it. also I you find the easter egg

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

randomous

@Pootrick2 The only problem with creating your own cards would be that the system to do so would be quite large... probably almost as big as the game itself. I don't want to bloat the game with that kind of stuff, even though it would be cool. I just want the game to be simple and quick.

@Discostew No problem, when you do decide to check it out, make sure you use the version on the Wiki so it has all the new stuff (the one a few pages back in this thread is old).

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pootrick2

boot wrote:

Pootrick2 wrote:

boot wrote:

Minecraft creeper games Qrs are out! look on the sharing thread

Yes finally thanks so much!

NP. tell me if you like it. also I you find the easter egg

There are no QRS on the thread and or wiki

EDIT:did you just add them? A second of go there were just pic of the game

Edited on by Pootrick2

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter:

Pootrick2

@boot just got it a little buggy unless you made it where the chat doesn't work right now and nothing blows up when A is pressed(even when right on the block) but anyways GREAT game I was thinking of making the same type of like overhead game
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3208/yeui.jpg
Thanks,Pootrick2

Edited on by Pootrick2

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

Hairmanban19

@boot did you even test your creeper game? Cause nothing even blows up!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

SmokedSausage

Anyone know a good system for hitboxes?
I am doing a port of DuckHunt and if i can get hitboxes done it would be complete!
Untitled

Woot Duck Hunt!

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Pootrick2

Anyone on wanna chat?
Im on.

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

Pootrick2

Hansausage wrote:

I am doing a port of DuckHunt and if i can get hitboxes done it would be complete!
Untitled

Woot Duck Hunt!

Very cool,im sorry but I don't know a good hit box system

[Img]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8193/9rds.jpg[img]

Edited on by Pootrick2

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

ramstrong

Hansausage wrote:

Try using SPHITSP. Duck sprite + bullet sprite = hit.

Or if you want, instead of duck sprite, you can have a special white rectangle to function as hit sprite. And you just flash it out to the screen for one frame and check for the hit. I know this will induce flicker, but there it is.

randomous wrote:

@Pootrick2 The only problem with creating your own cards would be that the system to do so would be quite large... probably almost as big as the game itself. I don't want to bloat the game with that kind of stuff, even though it would be cool. I just want the game to be simple and quick.

Just manually edit the sprite via sprite editor? So, I see CARD0-5. Which one has the card backs?

I'm curious about line 306+307. It seems they're identical:
IF TCHST THEN VSYNC 1 repeated twice. I would think you meant: IF TCHST THEN VSYNC 2.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Justlink

@iamaperson
persson, what are you gonna add to minecraftds. are u gonna make it so u can climb stuff of have more floors. also, if i can help anyone in anyway, just tell me

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

boot

anyone who cant get it to work, im uploading a video on the wiki of how to do it. and yes, I tested it.

Discostew

ramstrong wrote:

Hansausage wrote:

Or if you want, instead of duck sprite, you can have a special white rectangle to function as hit sprite. And you just flash it out to the screen for one frame and check for the hit. I know this will induce flicker, but there it is.

He could use SPHITRC, in which he takes the sprite index to the duck sprite, and then a rectangular area using x/y positioning and width/height. Combined with TCHST (which returns true if the touchscreen is pressed), TCHTIME (for how long the touch screen has been pressed) combined with a comparison of if it is less than or equal to 1 or 2 frames (TCHTIME<=2), and then if those all equal true, then grab the X/Y coordinates via TCHX and TCHY and use that towards the SPHITRC function, which if it is true, then the duck has been hit.

IF TCHST AND (TCHTIME<=2) THEN IF SPHITRC(DUCK_SPR,TCHX-2,TCHY-2,4,4) GOTO @DUCK_HIT

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Zack56144

@Pootrick2 I know this is like really late but welcome to the fourms! lol i hope to see any good contributions you make =P also i added your FC so add me mine is in my signiture

Edited on by Zack56144

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

randomous

@ramstrong The card backs are on CARD4, but they're packaged up with the program so you'd need to run CHRED after loading, edit the sprite, save it as a new file, load up the file, then repackage the game. On top of that, you'd need to find the corresponding palette under PAL so that the card shows up with the right colors.

Lines 306-307 are intended (unfortunately). The fact that they're split doesn't have to do with what I'm about to explain, but I think it's necessary background information. The reason there's a VSYNC there at all is because something odd happens if it's not, and I'm not entirely certain of the cause (although I have a hunch). Anyway, if you follow the code that calls the function containing those lines, you'll notice that I perform these steps in order (for dragging a stack of cards):
-Erase the card data from the stack and place it into the "drag" structure.
-Initialize the sprites for the drag structure and place them directly over the old drawn cards to hide the next operation
-Erase the old drawn cards and redraw the bottom half of the stack (that was covered by the now lifted cards)

Well, I thought that the sprites would hide the GRP stuff I was doing underneath... and it sort of does. If I go from step 2 to step 3 as fast as I can, it's like the sprites are drawn after the GRP is erased. However, if I induce a wait in the form of those two VSYNCs (or a single VSYNC 2, described later), you don't see the GRP being redrawn. This leads me to believe that Petit Computer puts the sprite commands on some sort of queue and continues past them so as to not hold up the code, and the sprites are probably processed in parallel. This is why there is effectively a VSYNC 2 here; it takes about that long before the sprites actually show up to cover the GRP.

This still doesn't explain why I used two VSYNC 1's under the condition "IF TCHST" instead of a single "IF TCHST THEN VSYNC 2". Well, that's because I designed the code so that the entire code runs from one loop, and when certain conditions are met, certain functions are called. This leads to the unfortunate instance where tapping a stack also calls the code for dragging a stack, because I wanted both tapping and dragging to be processed as fast as possible... so I process them both and pick which one actually completes after analyzing more information from the touchscreen. However, if I hold up the processing in the "draw a dragged stack" function, then tapping is put on hold, and you'll see a noticeable lag when tapping. How does having two VSYNC 1's stop that? If you stop touching the screen in the middle of a VSYNC 2, nobody's going to notice. If you stop touching the screen during the first frame of two VSYNC 1's, I can catch it and stop a frame early to jump right into the tapping function (well, almost right into it). It's just one frame, but I noticed it almost every time, and it bugged me lol. Anyway, that's why it's two lines instead of 1: tap lag.

randomous

InsertPi

justlink wrote:

@iamaperson
persson, what are you gonna add to minecraftds. are u gonna make it so u can climb stuff of have more floors. also, if i can help anyone in anyway, just tell me

Everything about Minecrft DS can be found here.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

boot

ok im not going to upload the video. sorry... I don't hav enogh time but I figured out the problem. after you blow up a few times, it pushes you off the normal X and Y and you cant blow things up

Justlink

@iamaperson
ty, and, will i be one of the few peeps getting final version, or, just people who helped with it?

Edited on by Justlink

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

ramstrong

Discostew wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

He could use SPHITRC, in which he takes the sprite index to the duck sprite, and then a rectangular area using x/y positioning and width/height.
IF TCHST AND (TCHTIME<=2) THEN IF SPHITRC(DUCK_SPR,TCHX-2,TCHY-2,4,4) GOTO @DUCK_HIT

True, but I imagine using SPHITSP would be cleaner and faster. Parsing consideration and all.

I'm thinking that the real value of SPHITRC would be in platforming games, where you want to check the collisions between players and the floor/wall. You simply store all the floor/wall dimensions and check them against the player. That is why the starting point is +-1024, instead of MAXINT. It also includes displacement of +-16, which fits perfectly with SPCOLVEC. What do you think?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic