Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 9,620

damolii

@bluerobin2 I hope I'm not talking to the wrong person. Anyway, I was looking at Village and I was a bit surprised at the lack of music. The background looks amazing, but music would make it even more ominous XD. Would you mind trying to make Village better with music? I just wanted your permission.

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

TexMurphy

@Zack56144
DATA stores data that can be loaded using the READ command. To place data in a convinent location use a bookmark like @mydata followed by the data statements. Use RESTORE @mydata to point to where the data is. Data can be numbers like DATA 1,2,3,4 or text strings like DATA "First line of text". I use it often with arrays. I tend to create confusing code in my data section like hex data or compressed information. So if you read my qr codes you may not see simple numbers or readable text. DATA is good for images, backgrounds, priority maps, and data tables if you don't use the utilities that came with petit computer.
CLEAR: DIM TXTARRAY$(2)
RESTORE @MYDATA
FOR I=0 TO 1
READ TXTARRAY$(I)
NEXT
@MYDATA
DATA "TEXT 1"
DATA "TEXT 2"

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Zack56144

Hello Everyone I am Proud to announce my latest version of Nova Operating System Version 0.6
Here is the Official Change log
-Added 2 New Databases
-Added a new Minecraft Recipe
-Started Pokedex Gen II
-Organized Air Launch

• Major Menu Improvement

=====================

Finally here are the QR Codes
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

=====================

FONT

=====================

Untitled

=====================

Enjoy! Its now up to 1800+ lines of code =P

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

Zack56144

@TexMurphy This is what i did with the Data command i think i used it right lol

Untitled

Fadeintodust

So, I wanted to try to make a simplish game where the play uses the touch screen to attack enemies on the top screen via laser draining with use and recharging with time.
I have making the actual laser and other details worked out for the most part, so I moved onto draining and recharging. I'm mostly just messing around,

Here's what I have so far:
X=160

@LOOP
CLS
? X
B=BUTTON()
IF TCHST=1 THEN GOSUB @BEAM
IF TCHST==0 THEN X=X+1 WAIT 10
IF X> 160 THEN X=160
IF X==0 THEN BEEP 4:GOSUB @OVERHEAT
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP

@BEAM
X=X-1
BEEP 1
WAIT 1
RETURN

@OVERHEAT
CLS
? X
X=X+1
IF X==10 THEN RETURN
WAIT 20
GOTO @OVERHEAT

There's gotta be an easier way of doing this.

Fadeintodust

Northrnpikefish

Is anyone on here good at music making? Also, does anyone know where a good beginner's guide to basic is? I am really a programming noob.

Northrnpikefish

Pixelrobin

Okay, I did not make village. It was @randomous. This is actually the 3rd time someone thought I was him. I am making Temple Raid. Any suggestions on THAT???

it is amazing though

@ramstrong Yes. I am going with Petit Computer Community. It will be mainly a tutorial site, but will offer bits and pieces here and there. I shall begin a new logo right away sir!

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

TexMurphy

@Zack56144
What you did works but it doesn't use the array. It only uses a single string variable. When using DIM TXTARRAY$(2), the 2 sets how many single strings it can hold. When you use a FOR counter you start at 0 and end at 1, because all arrays start at zero. When reading into an array, you fill the ( ) with the index to the information in the array. That is why you would use TXTARRA$(I). (note this is I eye not 1 one). You have two strings so you have index 0 and 1. The bookmark where the data is and the array do not have to have the same name. Search for Petit Tutorial on this web site for more array information.

TexMurphy

damolii

@bluerobin2 1: I said in my comment i wasn't sure :9 2: I haven't even looked at Temple Raid...........

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Zack56144

@TexMurphy Okay i will thanks for the info it really helped!

KaiserD

Hey guys I'm new here and only really joined because of this program, reading through loads of comments has been really imformative. I'm currently making a choose your own adventure style game that I hope everyone will like
Currently it will have several different choice making segments, several endings and such.
I do have a few questions though, one main one being how do you get background music to play and is there a way to make custom music via a program and save for use elsewhere or anything?

Also most of the logic I got for it came from the Person Rpg

WIP:
Natura Deity - Chapter 1 - A choose your own adventure game with more emphasis on story than just the random events occuring

Arn0ld

Use bgmplay to play some of the preset music. There are a couple of good game related themes. Also I think @randomous made I couple of custom songs you can use i.e tloz theme song

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

KaiserD

But how did he make the custom songs?

WIP:
Natura Deity - Chapter 1 - A choose your own adventure game with more emphasis on story than just the random events occuring

KaiserD

@Randomous thanks, I'll check it out, really wish I would stop getting I/o errors when tryin to insert my ad card into comp, would love to work on it on comp with easier search functions and keyboard, but alas, my 3ds screen shall be my victim :/

On another note, I just got the save system set up... Gosub is my new best friend lol

Edit, just saw the text dialog box thing to fix the word cut offs and such, that will help too was planning on fixing it later when I finally got around to it, though I still might

Edited on by KaiserD

WIP:

camedens

hey does anyone know how to make a sprite collide? ps. can someone tell how to make sprite sheets

camedens

Hairmanban19

KaiserD wrote:

Hey guys I'm new here and only really joined because of this program, reading through loads of comments has been really imformative. I'm currently making a choose your own adventure style game that I hope everyone will like
Currently it will have several different choice making segments, several endings and such.
I do have a few questions though, one main one being how do you get background music to play and is there a way to make custom music via a program and save for use elsewhere or anything?

Also most of the logic I got for it came from the Person Rpg

I love choose your own adventure style games!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Pixelrobin

@camedens sprite sheets can be made using CHRED. Just go to the sprite section from there. Then in your program, do something like LOAD "SPU0:NAMEHERE". This will load the sprite page and overwrite the default sprite page 0 for the program. What kind of sprite collision do you want to see?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

boot

Bad news. My Ds broke

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic