Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 9,620

ChangeV

Nitras wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Nitras what should I troubleshoot?

Mostly just the fact that parts of some of the sprites mysteriously disappear when you zoom out (B button). Also, any comments or thoughts you have would be welcome.

that's limit of petit computer's scaled sprite engine.

here is quick test for petit computer sprite flicker(disappearing scaled sprites)
Untitled

here is more info about hardware sprite and number of sprite on scanline.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_%28computer_graphics%29

ChangeV

Pixelrobin

@Discostew Thanks yet again! Temple Raid Deluxe will be released soon. I will cease work on it as of now for it has gotten to the point where I have nightmares about it. I will just quit programming that thing .

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

bigdog00

Has anyone tried that new GUI? Is it better than CincOS? or not yet?

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

bigdog00

Sorry, I may make my own thread somewhere to talk about that. Here isn't the place, I know.

Discostew

ChangeV wrote:

Nitras wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Nitras what should I troubleshoot?

Mostly just the fact that parts of some of the sprites mysteriously disappear when you zoom out (B button). Also, any comments or thoughts you have would be welcome.

that's limit of petit computer's scaled sprite engine.

here is quick test for petit computer sprite flicker(disappearing scaled sprites)
Untitled

here is more info about hardware sprite and number of sprite on scanline.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_%28computer_graphics%29

To add to this, this is actually a limitation of the DS/i hardware. The hardware is only capable of 32 rotatable/scalable 2D sprites per screen. They couldn't use the 3D hardware because everything done with the 3D hardware is written to a single 2D layer, preventing the use of priority against other 2D layers on an individual sprite basis.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Pixelrobin

@bigdog00 honestly, I don't feel like downloading all of those libraries. On the other hand, CincOS was great, but not very original. You should think of something brand new that nobody has ever seen before. Kind of like Windows 8. Next, if you would like to make a real OS, Search Tinkernut OS on youtube. Tinkernut uses C but this might be done with other languages. If that is too complicated now, try writing off the linux platform like Chrome OS did.

bigdog00

@bluerobin2 Thanks! We have a few original ideas up our sleeves, @hamjam00 and I do. Also, you only have to install 2 things, pygame and python2. 3rd, I am learning C/++, and fourth, I am at the time of this message working on a new original thing to go into the OS. I will post the link to a new thread somewhere else soon.

damolii

I'm having a little trouble with my Explor-A-World, and it is because of sprites. 1: Would anyone mind making a few medieval ones for me, please. it would be appreciated. 2: I am using background scrolling (not Discostew's, a much easier version that works), and I'm having trouble with making it look like the npc's are moving also. How would I pull that effect off??

P.S: I can add my codes if needed.

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Eel

The default sprites that come with the app are all pretty medievalish, why don't you try these?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

damolii

@Morphtorok true, the witch, wizard, and bones are nice, but I would like to add a king, and maybe a royal adviser that's actually a monsters disguised as a human XD. I am using the default ones for my early developing though. Sorta like place-markers.

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Hairmanban19

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Im making an action rpg game sorta like kingdom hearts but with 2d sprites but Im still learning smilebasic so it may take a while. I think randomous made a loz song, how do I put it in edit not console mode and make it play? As for the tutorial website, how about P.T.C Community?

I thought you were making a Sonic game?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Pixelrobin

@bigdog00 please put it in a .zip file next time

Pixelrobin

Honestly. We need to decide on a finsl name before I start creating the final website. Something simple, but catchy we could all agree on.

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Honestly. We need to decide on a finsl name before I start creating the final website. Something simple, but catchy we could all agree on.

You need to show leadership. Read all names proposed so far. Take all that you like and non-clashing with existing names, and put them to vote. If no one voted, then just pick one at random. Done. About the only thing a name need to be is catchy and non-conflicting. That means, when you type the name in search engines, the site will come up, instead of somebody else's.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Arn0ld

hairmanban19 wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Im making an action rpg game sorta like kingdom hearts but with 2d sprites but Im still learning smilebasic so it may take a while. I think randomous made a loz song, how do I put it in edit not console mode and make it play? As for the tutorial website, how about P.T.C Community?

I thought you were making a Sonic game?

I was but then all my data on half of my games was deleted by my little bro or sis. I dont know which did it but instead of remaking sonic sprites and recording everythong I decided to start a new project. A top down action rpg with zelda like elements

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong those are very insightful words. I don't usually like to play boss but here goes:

• Petit Community
  • PTCommunity
  • Petit Computer Community
  • Petit Tutorials
  • PTCOM help

Vote on 1 everyone!

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong those are very insightful words. I don't usually like to play boss but here goes:

• Petit Community
  • PTCommunity
  • Petit Computer Community
  • Petit Tutorials
  • PTCOM help

Vote on 1 everyone!

You missed the part of putting the terms into search engine and watch out for existing name. #1,#2,#5 are taken. I like #3. Petit 101 goes to dogs. PTC Programming 101 would be better.

EDIT:
Honestly, the name doesn't even have to have PTC or Petit on it. It can be Hanging Moss Programming Corner for all I care. Just make sure it doesn't conflict with existing site.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Arn0ld

I vote for PTCommunity

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

Zack56144

I know this is kinda noobish but could someone please explain the DATA command to me? I've been trying to learn what it does and how to use it and im completely lost if someone could help me out that would be great
-Shadow

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic