Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 9,620

camedens

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@camedens sprite sheets can be made using CHRED. Just go to the sprite section from there. Then in your program, do something like LOAD "SPU0:NAMEHERE". This will load the sprite page and overwrite the default sprite page 0 for the program. What kind of sprite collision do you want to see?

i want to stop it fro leaving the screen view

camedens

camedens

also does anyone know how to display a full screen background with my sprite in front

camedens

Pixelrobin

@boot NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pixelrobin

@camedens That is done differently depending on the way of which you make your game. Here is some all-purpose code that should work. It might be overkill for you though.

SPNUM = [insert number of sprites here including zero]

FOR D=0 TO SPNUM
SPCHK(D,X,Y) '(You might need to check if that is correct)
IF X<=0 THEN X=0
IF X>=255 THEN X=255
IF Y<=0 THEN Y=0
IF Y>=191 THEN Y=191
SPOFS D,X,Y,0
NEXT

Not tested. Changemthe names of the x and y variables if the names are already in use.

camedens

hey do you know how to do good maps if so can you show me or send me some good maps because i am kinda new and i need to know how to get the maps to work ps. thanks for the help

camedens

boot

I think I'm gonna send it to nintendo so I can try to save.all my data

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

boot

@randomous are you still working on village? If you are I was wondering if you could add inside of the house npcs and more houses. I really like the game a lot and I just, wanted it to be a little more like animal crossing.

Edited on by boot

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Pixelrobin

@boot he said he will on the wiki. @ramstrong sorry for not very much progress, but it is summer for me and I have tons of other things I have to do like yard keeping.

Soultic

Hey guys Im new to this website, not petit computer.Ive seen some of your games and wow,there amazing guys. Im working on a couple projects my self. Heres the three im working on.
OverworlDS- Its a game like Terraria, but its my own sandbox game. Its 2d. It has randomly generated worlds and a few crafting recipes, but thats it.
Soul-A first person shooter. 1 level done.
Hunt-My best and most completed game yet. Your a medevil(sorry for spelling) hunter and theres different towns and i have 1 boss done. Im adding classes and stuff, and so far its on good progression! But i wont post a demo yet, because of it being low on features.
Ok thats it but I have a favor to ask someone- Can you post a link to Morphtroids(or Morphtorok, whatever his name is.) Petit pet craft? Thanks and this is my first post. Also what does watch topic do?
EDIT:Im programming on a dsi so I dont have a friend code.

Edited on by Soultic

"Lets fight fire with fire!" "won't that just burn the house down?"

Soultic

Oh and can someone tell me how to use data statements and arrays? I couldnt find the edit button in my post so I had to post another...post. :/

Soultic

I love the intro! I have the MM2 PTC demo on my ds. Thats really cool.

InsertPi

Hey guys! If you know me from the qr sharing thread then you can skip past this. I programmed in VB (Visual Basic) when I was younger, but dropped it. Recently, I found petit computer and decided to give it a shot. I've been doing pretty good, but I still have yet to learn a lot of things, so please expect a lot of questions.

Anyway, first off, I was wondering how to look for "keywords" in an input. For example, in minecraft bukkit, if you say:
I like &4potatoes.
the &4 will make the word "potatoes" red. I know, because of that, it's possible in JavaScript. But can I do it in petit? Please help

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@Morphtorok see how much you're loved? FINISH PETIT PETCRAFT ALREADY! .

Btw everyone I made the name.It probably won't be the name of the final version. I hate to take credit for others work...

Is there a more efficient way of:
IF BUTTON(1) THEN SPANIM 0,4,16,0
It works, but if you switch buttons really fast, it wont work...

Eel

Hah I had forgotten about that!

To be honest I'm kinda rusty and I would probably need to start the project again to be able to understand it (that, and I remember not being completely happy with it and unsure of how fun it would actually be).

Animal Crossing is taking a lot of my gaming time right now too (and my Mom's too, who is using the 3DS right now lol). I'll eventually go back to it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Hey guys! If you know me from the qr sharing thread then you can skip past this. I programmed in VB (Visual Basic) when I was younger, but dropped it. Recently, I found petit computer and decided to give it a shot. I've been doing pretty good, but I still have yet to learn a lot of things, so please expect a lot of questions.

Anyway, first off, I was wondering how to look for "keywords" in an input. For example, in minecraft bukkit, if you say:
I like &4potatoes.
the &4 will make the word "potatoes" red. I know, because of that, it's possible in JavaScript. But can I do it in petit? Please help

Yes it can, but it require a bit more to do. Text color is based on what COLOR is set to, so you would have to do something like this...

PRINT "I like ";
COLOR 13
PRINT "potatoes."
COLOR 0

It prints the first part, changes to Red (which is index 13), prints the next part in red, then sets back to white.

To do this on one line and using ? instead (which is the same as PRINT)...

?"I like";:COLOR 13:?"potatoes.":COLOR 0

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Soultic

Heh, I thought Petit pet craft would be done, but i geuss not. Hey ill make a demo of my game to share with everyone, acually, I think ill post it in my next post. Heres some features of it(features finished)
Shooting with your bow(4 directional)
moving(4 directional)
1 boss
2 towns, one house, and a wilderness.
dance minigame
store,gold,and a marraige system

Things to be added
Classes
more of the map
and more bosses
Ive been on petit computer for a while and my game is coming along great! Anyways im new here and i need to know how how to make your guy move without having to keep tapping the d-pad to move 3 steps. If you havnt read my previous post im new.(I dont need to spam if you have)
And if you have ideas please tell me. I can post a screenshot or a demo, whichever one, but trust me, its acutally a cool game and the dance minigame is addicting!
Sorry for saying im new so much i didnt realize

Edited on by Soultic

camedens

hey does anyone know how to make graphics and if you do can you send me a video about it or tell me how to make good maps like the ones with walls and or grass ps. can you also help me with make sprites (only characters) i know what to use to make both of these i just can use the tool like i want

camedens

Pixelrobin

@camedens I cannot answer all of your questions right now, but if you want to make maps, use BGPUT, BGFILL or make it easier with DATA. You can also create pre-mad maps using SCED (Or something like that)

Hale-Bopp

It's awesome to see this thread still going strong after just over a year. I had taken a break from working on my text adventure because I was frustrated with coding music, but I'm back to working on it again anyways. Cleaned up some code and adding more story bits here and there. One of these days I might actually release it.

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic