Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

OK, I entered Temple Raid to the contest. I was wondering though, Why do they want your e-mail, address and stuff?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

randomous

If you win, they send a large box of donuts to your house and a congratulatory e-card to your email.

Edit: Good luck!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

@randomouscrap DONUTSDONUTSDONUTSDONUTSDONUTS!!!!!!!!!

@damolii OK, first of all, you're gonna want to do this:
if sphitsp(6,7)==True then ...
I really dont see much of a problem with your hp, but this might work:
If sphitsp(6,7)==true then hpe=hpe-(10+(rnd(10)):hp=hp-(10+(rnd(10))
Try it. Tell me if it works. About circular motion: what do you mean? Please refresh my memory.

Good luck to anyone entering the contest! If you win some donuts, will you share them?

ramstrong

bluerobin2 wrote:

OK, I entered Temple Raid to the contest. I was wondering though, Why do they want your e-mail, address and stuff?

The English page is only for contest announcement. The submission form is in Japanese. I clicked on the left button, and got a confirmation e-mail in Japanese. That means I'm in, right? Don't need to do anything else?

@ETURN
WAIT 20
HP=100
HPE=100
I think you are resetting the values to 100 everytime you fire. Therefore, the values will fluctuate to a certain range, instead of decreasing, then increasing as you claim. Try to move the initialization code (HP=100:HPE=100) to init block of your program.

VincentFaraday wrote:

I'm planning on making a program this summer that can solve differential equations by building onto my quadratic solver. I know that petit computer can't float very many numbers, but I thought that this would be a fun thing to do this summer. When it comes to math, I have finished Calculus and I have just finished a course on differential equations. If anybody here has an expertise in this area of programing/mathematics, then let me know. :]

Calculus and DE? Aren't those college level courses? I almost never use calculus in my program. Looks to me that you should write a BigNum Library before you do something like this.

Morphtorok wrote:

And again, I really doubt namco would really care about you making a pacman clone, even if they somehow do notice you (which is pretty unlikely) they would probably just say "eh" and move on.

Then again, it's your game and you are free to do anything you want with it.

Namco is pretty cool about it. Atari, OTOH, is pretty obnoxious about it, and they did license it from Namco for their machine. Still, I do know that Google made Pacman clone last year. Their logo is the maze.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

steriaca

Re: Copyrights.

Take a look at your service agrement on your 3DS/DSi. While many of the big companys might not cair about you using there IP, Nintendo shure does.

So, stop trying to nudge me into that direction. I don't cair if you somehow have to fall to the copyright police, but I am shure I don't want to be denied acess to the network.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

mystman12

Okay, now, before I complete my background, I have to ask, is that a good method for creating a map with obstacles? How do I control the character so that he's confined to the maze, and doesn't just walk through it?

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong, you're fine. I was fortunate enough to set my google chrome browser to translate any japanese text.

Pixelrobin

@mystman12 What sort of obstacles? Text, sprites, Background tiles, what?

mystman12

Background tiles. My character needs to be able to walk around, just not through the background tiles. I guess "obstacles" was a bad word to use.

Edit: Would I have to use a 2 dimensional DIM variable, to keep track of the player's location, by recreating the DATA for the maze in 1's and 0's (1's represent walls while 0's represent spaces.)

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

Eel

steriaca wrote:

Re: Copyrights.

Take a look at your service agrement on your 3DS/DSi. While many of the big companys might not cair about you using there IP, Nintendo shure does.

So, stop trying to nudge me into that direction. I don't cair if you somehow have to fall to the copyright police, but I am shure I don't want to be denied acess to the network.

I honestly don't know if You're geninuely scared by things that will never happen or if You're just giving yourself too much importance

By your logic and copyright rules, a game where You're a dude eating dots in a maze being chased by something would still count as a pacman clone and namco/atari? Could still do something about it if they wanted to.

But! I'm not "nudging" you to make fangames instead of "original" content, I'm just telling you that making fangames is not different from making fanart or fanfics or any other fan works. If the company dislikes it they will just tell you to stop doing it, that's it.

Nintendo won't "negate" you any service and you won't "fall" to the "copyright police", that's just silly.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IAmSpike

What Morph said. I mean, this site has been around since 1998(?) and has literally LOADS of Mario fangames, yet Nintendo never said anything about it.

Basically, when it comes to fangames, if you're not making a profit off it, it's ok to do.

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

ChangeV

ramstrong wrote:

The English page is only for contest announcement. The submission form is in Japanese. I clicked on the left button, and got a confirmation e-mail in Japanese. That means I'm in, right? Don't need to do anything else?

How long did it take to get confirmation e-mail?

bluerobin2 wrote:

did you get confirmation e-mail?

I submitted my game yesterday and still no confirmation e-mail.

ChangeV

mystman12

That image isn't showing up :/

Edit: Even the link just gives me 404. It seems like my router is blocking that site.

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

MrSirr

bluerobin2 wrote:

@Mrsirr the reason you are ignored is because you are asking us to do coding for you. You will find more help if asked more specific questions.

I WAS SPECIFIC I DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT TO WHERE YOU PRESS X AND ETC. IM SICK OF IT.

MrSirr

Pixelrobin

@ChangeV There is something called google translate. You should've gotten your email in seconds. Are you sure you entered it correctly?

Pixelrobin

I need help. What is wrong with this:
if g==true then g=false or else g=true

ChangeV

bluerobin2 wrote:

@ChangeV There is something called google translate. You should've gotten your email in seconds. Are you sure you entered it correctly?

Thank you for the information.

I just resent my game again with little bit less explanation.
got confirm email in seconds.

ChangeV

Pixelrobin

@morphtorok thank you. I am making a pixel art program and I needed that for a tool menu.

randomous

@bluerobin2 Alternatively, you can also just have:

g=!g

It looks like you're just inverting g, which is exactly what the above does.

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic