Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 9,620

Justlink

how do you add mml

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

MrSirr

2 things, how do you make two music notes play at the same time? 2, how would you make your own sprite, like a car?

MrSirr

bigdog00

I'm both happy and sad to announce the following: I'm officaily done with petit computer. It was a great introductory language. Thanks all for your support. @hamjam00 and I are officially starting our own (with some family help)............. Linux Distro! For those who don't know what that is, it is a modified/custom Linux flavor. I am now giving away the rights to CincOS :/. Just please give me some credit when you customize it. It is for EVERYONE, not just one person. I will post news on twitter and this site as well as @hamjam00 when we have progress. Thanks again.

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@bigdog00, you probably will try it out every once in a while when you're bored. You just can't leave the very thing you started with!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Hairmanban19

bigdog00 wrote:

I'm both happy and sad to announce the following: I'm officaily done with petit computer. It was a great introductory language. Thanks all for your support. @hamjam00 and I are officially starting our own (with some family help)............. Linux Distro! For those who don't know what that is, it is a modified/custom Linux flavor. I am now giving away the rights to CincOS :/. Just please give me some credit when you customize it. It is for EVERYONE, not just one person. I will post news on twitter and this site as well as @hamjam00 when we have progress. Thanks again.

Will we get to play the FPS you were working on?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Justlink

@bigdog00
you'll come back when i release my adventure time game. i just finished the first dungeon.

Discostew

MrSirr wrote:

2 things, how do you make two music notes play at the same time? 2, how would you make your own sprite, like a car?

Do you know how to make music using the MML-script? It's real simple to play two notes in the same song. Use the ":x" command in the script, where x can be from 0 to 7 for a total of 8 different channels. If you mean playing two separate songs, then that's a matter of setting which song to which track using BGMPLAY (where the first argument is the track number from 0 to 7, and the second argument is the actual song number).

The simple and easy way to make your own sprites is to use CHRED, craft them in there, then save them. You then load up your sprite using the LOAD command, and assigning where it will be loaded to. There are 8 CHR slots for sprites, so if you wanted to load up your sprite block to slot 2, you'd do something like LOAD "SPU1:xxxx". SPU is the upper sprite section (you can't load custom sprites to the bottom screen), and 1 indicates the 2nd slot (it counts from 0 to 7). xxxx is the name of the CHR file that contains the sprite block. There are other ways to load sprites, but they are a bit on the complex side of things, requiring external tools and such.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Pixelrobin

@Morphtroid, it may be a toy, but it is one of the best toys I ever had and have. It's like a game with a level editor. But with infinityx possibilities. Of course, I'll leave it too someday. I'm learning much more complicating languages, but petit computer is just so special. I'm not doing that for a looooonnnng time. And @bigdog00, good luck. Who knows? Maybe you'll get very rich someday with cincOS? I'll be able to say that I helped you with the original . I really like the direction where cincOS is going. Keep it up!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Eel

Oh no, I love petit computer, it's totally my favorite DSiWare... What I meant is that he's treating Petit Computer as if it were some sort of OS-developing tool or something, unable to be used for recreation... I found that odd. that's all. It's kinda like quitting Ace Attorney forever because you'll start reading law books, if that makes sense. Anyway, disregard me.

Btw, he also said he would be giving away the "rights" to Cincos, I assume that means he won't continue it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bigdog00

Sorry for the confusion, I did not mean to treat it like that. I'll finish my FPS and upload it later. Btw, I am starting in Python with @hamjam00. I just want to be able to go to an nice collage and pay for my own stuff.

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Anonymous_Ninja

ive been keeping up with the forum for a long time and finally decided to post something xD. somebody said someone should make Rooted to the Ground a while back and i decided to do it. its almost done, but im getting an overflow error and im not exactly sure what that error means. help didnt describe it well so if any of you can explain it better thanks.

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

randomous

Anonymous_Ninja wrote:

ive been keeping up with the forum for a long time and finally decided to post something xD. somebody said someone should make Rooted to the Ground a while back and i decided to do it. its almost done, but im getting an overflow error and im not exactly sure what that error means. help didnt describe it well so if any of you can explain it better thanks.

Overflow can occur when the number you are trying to store in a variable is too large (or sometimes too small, called Underflow). For instance, Petit Computer variables can store numbers up to 524287 and down to -524287. If you're trying to store something like a million, you'd need to do some fancy math in order to merge two variable together to represent a single number. Here's an example of code which produces overflow:

A=1
FOR B=1 TO 10
A = A * B
PRINT A
NEXT

Right at the end, when B=10, A will try to store 362880 * 10 into itself, which is too large for A to hold, so you'll get the "overflow" error.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Anonymous_Ninja

thanks now i know what the problem is, now i just need to fix that and add the achievements and it'll be done.

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

Hairmanban19

justlink wrote:

@bigdog00
you'll come back when i release my adventure time game. i just finished the first dungeon.

Adventure Time game! Adventure Time is my favorite show.How is it coming?

NJimmaculate

Guys how do I make qr codes without retyping all the code
Into something

NJimmaculate

3DS Friend Code: 3308-5065-3976

Justlink

hairmanban19 wrote:

justlink wrote:

@bigdog00

Adventure Time game! Adventure Time is my favorite show.How is it coming?

finished first dungeon. it will have three and might have sidequests.

MrSirr

Ok I get what you mean, but two notes at the exact same time, like E and B to make an E chord. Do you know about music?

And can u please use an example of CHRED? cuz I dont get how to use it.

MrSirr

Hairmanban19

NJimmaculate wrote:

Into something

@Patrickwins said how to do all of the QR code stuff on the QR code Sharing Forum.Just scroll through page 44.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

NJimmaculate

hairmanban19 wrote:

NJimmaculate wrote:

Into something

@Patrickwins said how to do all of the QR code stuff on the QR code Sharing Forum.Just scroll through page 44.

Thank you sir

NJimmaculate

3DS Friend Code: 3308-5065-3976

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic