Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,774

Birdman

@KC - Green Groove is mostly (or maybe all) classical stuff. If that doesn't float your boat, get A Kappa's Trail. I personally found Glow Artisan to be too challenging and SoD to be a little too overhyped (an 8, possibly, but definitely not a 9). As I don't reccomend games I don't have, I have nothing to say about Face Pilot.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

KCKowalchuk

Sweet. Is A Kappa's Trail long?

KCKowalchuk

Fliptocat

Face Pilot works if you have the right background. Otherwise, it'll freak out and become unresponsive.

Bomberman Blitz- 3223-8902-2468

Birdman

Yep, and it's got a lot of replayability to it. The 3 minigames could've easily been 200 point games by themselves if they were fleshed out more.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

LordJumpMad

All DSiware games are Short and Boring.

Your better off saving your cash for a DS game you haven't played yet.

But the Best DSiware games, are the ones that make you come back for more.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

KCKowalchuk

Alphabounce just made your comment untrue.

KCKowalchuk

KCKowalchuk

I see that A Kappa's Trail didn't get that good of a review though.

KCKowalchuk

Birdman

@JumpMad - Clearly you've never played AlphaBounce, X-Scape or Mario vs. DK: Minis March Again!

@KC - According to NL's scoring policy:
"A seven is not average in our eyes. This game will sport a few areas where the game is blatantly let down to the detriment of its overall quality and enjoyment, but it is NOT average."

There are two detriments to this game (at least imo): The huge difficulty leap and the camera control. However, with a little practice, both of these aren't really that big.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

KCKowalchuk

This might be my last points card and i have 500 points left. If i were as addicted to purchasing WiiWare as him, I would be effected like everyone else. Besides, 24700 points? Some people need some self-control.

KCKowalchuk

jdarrell

@KCK Did you have any specific questions about any of those games?

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

KCKowalchuk

I've heard of a person whose played Soul of Darkness for his 3rd time, and he's not tired of it. I was wondering if that's because he's one of the people who can't put a game down until its beat, or not.

And to my perspective, A Kappa's Trail looks kinda strange. If Face Pilot works, i would kinda prefer that.

I look for games that made special use of the DSi's camera and other specialties. Soul of Darkness and Castle of Magic have that feature, but there both short. Thats why I'm interested in Face Pilot and Glow Artisan.

I'm also really into music so Maestro interested me, but I'm more into modern Christian hard rock and stuff. I liked the concept and stuff, but if the length is not worth the price. How long is that game anyway?

KCKowalchuk

sonic_brawler95

Face Pilot works, trust me. You can adjust the camera to work in a bright room, or a dark room far that matter, and it helps a bit. Honestly, IGN must've been playing this game in a cave or something. Its an 8, and DEFINALLY not a 4, or what ever low score IGN gave it.
As a side note: I may think IGN is baised, but I don't hate them. Just thought I should let you know.

I too want to know how long Maestro is, because I'm not really sure if I want to buy a short game. :/

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

jdarrell

I played through Soul twice (the second time on hard.) If I was out of games to play I could play it about an hour a day even though there's no real point. Basically expect to play it once, maybe twice for the sake of hard mode.

I would call the camera for Face Pilot glitchy, I was able to get perfects in all the levels without difficulty though, haven't heard anyone else mention completing the game though. Someone said it works outside good. Other than that, you basically need a spot to play that you can tilt the DSi without a white ceiling etc. filling up 1/3 of the screen.

Actually the camera use in soul of darkness you merely hold a colour right in front of the lens to get a minor amount of currency from chests. Can't remember if there was another feature.

For lengths, Face Pilot can be completed in I think a few hours. Glow Artisan has a decent length, but when you have other games you probably won't spend much time on it after you finish it. Other than that I thought the random level feature was well done.

I don't have Maestro, but there's a few reviews for it:
http://www.gamerankings.com/ds/998084-maestro-green-groove/in...

And there's another one that has a Youtube review (at the bottom):
http://www.brainlazy.com/article/video-games/maestro-green-gr...

With the music choices it seems they went out of their way to make it a fun game for anyone who likes music at all. I'd expect it to be as replayable as the average music game with a low amount of songs.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I recommend Rytmik when it comes out next week

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

KCKowalchuk

Except that's 800 points and I have 500.

KCKowalchuk

rosemo

@KC: I agree with the others here that Face Pilot does work better than some reviews stated. I currently have 53 out 63 medals and have probably spent somewhere between 3-4 hours on it. I also have A Kappa's Trail and would say that it is probably the better game despite being pretty hard and very Japanese. I managed to beat it but I probably spent about 8 hours on it altogether. There are 13 levels in the main game but it will take you awhile to get through them because they are all challenging. There are also music, paintings and journal entries to unlock in addition to 3 minigames. Oh and you can decorate your cove by eating fish too. So there is a lot of content. I thought NL's review was a little harsh. Both of the games are well worth 500 points.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

KCKowalchuk

I would almost go for Face Pilot for the camera feature, but i said the same for WarioWare. I'll just wait and see if any other good games are coming out on Monday.

KCKowalchuk

hulklol123456789

Dude, just get maestro: green groove, it is short, but it is musical, fun and is the best way to spend your last 500 points.

Have you thinked about Flametail or Number Battle also? (number battle go wi-fi battles )

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic