Forums

Topic: A couple things I'm worried about, concerning my DSi.

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Toon_Link

Okay, so first of all, last night I was on the Browser and I tried to turn it off and it just froze and I had to let the battery die.
What's up with that? Second, my A button doesn't make the same click sound as the other buttons, it still clicks but you just can't hear it as well as the other ones.

Another minor thing, my mom was trying to see if the reason why it wouldn't turn off was because the power button was stuck (That wasn't it.), so she took a small screwdriver with a piece of wet toilet paper and she ended up putting a couple of scratches on it, and they're kinda deep. Is there any way I can get rid of them?

Toon_Link

Retro_Gamer

I don't believe there is a way to remove the scratches, it sounds like you just happened to buy a faulty DSi. Did you get some sort of warranty with it?

Edited on by Retro_Gamer

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

sykotek

1) Regarding your browser and battery, I have 2 DSis and that hasn't happened to either one. Did you try holding the power button down? If it happens again, you might want to contact Nintendo.

2) If your A Button stops working, Nintendo will probably take care of you, they did for my L and R buttons. You'll just need to contact them.

3) There's nothing you can do about scratches, they're there forever, but you can put a sticker over it. Perhaps something like this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZELDA-VINTL-SKIN-COVER-NINTENDO-DSi-/22...

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

theblackdragon

if the browser freezes up on me (usually i get tired of it going super-slow -- if the cache gets full, i guess, it'll sit there loading a page for like twenty minutes and not move sometimes), i just hold down the power button 'til it shuts off. have you tried that yet?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Toon_Link

@Retro_Gamer
I think my dad got a warranty when he bought it he said he's gonna look through his box that he keeps the warranty receipts in.

@sykotek
I tried holding the button down and it didn't work. Also, did you have to pay for it when they fixed your shoulder buttons?
And I was already thinking of getting a skin (Too bad I don't have a credit card and can never find ones I like in stores. ), I just wanted to know if there was a way to get rid of the scratches.

Toon_Link

Saber

Like I said I still have my old fat Ds from 5 yrs ago and it works perfect

I don't think the newer ones are built strong ...................................Maybe its the battery?

SSBB: 1634-4624-0179

Toon_Link

If it stops working all together, and I can't get a new DSi, I think I might get a Phat cause they cost less and can play GBA games.
I barely use the Camera or other apps anyways.

Toon_Link

sykotek

@Toon Link: They didn't charge me for it because it was under warrantee. After fixing it, they also renewed my warrantee for another year. I also asked specifically that they attempt to supply me the same DSi rather than a refurb and they did.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

R-L-A-George

Even if its under warranty, never let your parents or siblings try to fix it themselves, unless they are perfessionals like employees of nintendo, which doesn't include homebrewers and hackers.

My browser freezes up on occasion, all I do is hold down the button for about 10 seconds but not too hard. Turn it back on, go to browser settings and delete, cookies and then go back to main browser menu, select history and delete your browsing history. After you have done that you should turn it off and leave it alone for a couple of hours because sometimes the problem persist even if you have cleaned your history and cookies...

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

T_Neumann

Btw guys - did any of you come across this website before?

http://www.consoledoctor.co.uk/

To be honest I didn't realise that my Ds lite, I think it was, was still under warranty so I could have sent it back to Nintendo, so by accident I stumbled across the console doctor. I had something wrong with it, I think the R button didn't work and the microphone didn't either . Anyway, for a really cheap price they fixed it and sent it back to me very quickly. It was a great and very easy service!

It's certainly a better option then trying to fix it yourself, if your warranty has expired and something has gone wrong.

T_Neumann

Aviator

You won't need to get a new DSi if you send it in, but don't try fixing it yourself as it will void the warrenty, therefore making you have to pay for repairs conducted by Nintendo. Just send it in.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

R-L-A-George

Aviator wrote:

You won't need to get a new DSi if you send it in, but don't try fixing it yourself as it will void the warrenty, therefore making you have to pay for repairs conducted by Nintendo. Just send it in.

Thats the truth, they do that to make sure your not a console modifier, hacker or homebrewer.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Aviator

Plus, if you have modified your DSi, they will remove your modifications.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Toon_Link

Oh my goodness, it did it again!
I was on the Browser last night and tried to turn it off and it did it again!
I think I'm gonna send it in to Nintendo, they can probably fix it.

EDIT: Just set up the repair and should be getting my shipping label in 3 to 7 days. It said that the total price was $0 so I guess my dad got the warranty after all.

Edited on by Toon_Link

Toon_Link

Aviator

Maybe she just came off the toilet.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Raylax

Aviator wrote:

Maybe she just came off the toilet.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.