Forums

Topic: 1001 Crystal Mazes First Impressions

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Merilee

Hi Everyone!! Ok, I'm new to this, so if I use the wrong terminology, please correct me. I purchased 1001 Crystal Mazes, here are my first impressions:

For those who may not know, the point of the game is to push jewels around a maze to their designated areas. The tricky part is not getting stuck so that you're character can't get around to push the jewel (getting a jewel stuck in a corner is an example of this).

The top screen displays the mazes and you have to zoom in/out to view the entire maze (you can quickly switch to full zoom out by hitting the right shoulder button). But, the maze is very small at full zoom out. And, you really have to see the entire maze (at least I do) in order to see what you're first move should be (because you can trap yourself later in the maze if you make the wrong move early on).

The bottom screen has a huge compass looking thingy which is what you can use your stylus on to move the character around the maze. However I prefer using the button to move the character around. There are also buttons on the bottom screen for going back one move, or restarting the same maze all over (I use that one alot!!), for moving on to the next maze, or going back to a previous maze, or randomizing the maze selection, etc.

Personally, I would have preferred the maze taking up both screens on the dsi...so that I could more easily see the entire maze. I guess they split the screen so that you could use the stylus. But, since I don't use the stylus for this game anyway, I wish they would have used both screens for gameplay. I think puzzlers will enjoy this game. I have been playing it quite a bit.

I you have any specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to respond!
Thank You
Merilee

Merilee

jdarrell

Thanks, your impressions are helpful!

jdarrell

Oregano

Has there been any freezing, it seemed to be an issue with Teyon's last DSiware game(which is a shame).

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Merilee

Oregano wrote:

Has there been any freezing, it seemed to be an issue with Teyon's last DSiware game(which is a shame).

No, I have not had any issues with freezing.

Merilee

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.