3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Recommended 3DS VC titles

Showing 181 to 200 of 252

AuthorMessage

RR529

181. Posted:

@RainbowCrasher, It depends on what genrés you like, but I'd say Metroid II (GB), LoZ: Link's Awakening DX (GBC), the Sword of Hope II (GB), Mario's Picross (GB), Gargoyle's Quest (GB), Mega Man: DWR (GB), & Donkey Kong (GB) are the best experiences I've had with 3DS VC.

LoZ: Link's Awakening, Metroid II, & the Sword of Hope II being the absolute best, IMO.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

182. Posted:

I would add super mario land 2 and wario land.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
Next buys: Mario & Luigi (don't know which one yet) Rayman Legends/Splinter Cell: Blacklist
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

RR529

183. Posted:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

I would add super mario land 2 and wario land.

He already has SML2, and said he thought it was boring (which is why I didn't recommend the other Mario Land games).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Hokori

184. Posted:

I just got Twinbee and I like it better then Xevious due to how easy it is compared to the xevious

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

185. Posted:

ill probs get wario land ii, links awakening and donkey kong, as well as catrap, toki tori and mole mania. Is Mighty bomb jack or blaster master any good.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

Raiko

186. Posted:

I can't help you with Mighty Bomb Jack or Blaster Master, though I hear Blaster Master is quite good. I can, however, point out what a great purchase Catrap would be.

Raiko

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

187. Posted:

Which one do you recommend I should go for to spend some leftover money, Wario Land, Kirby's Dream Land 2 or Donkey Kong 94? Or something else entirely since I have £6.72?

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

188. Posted:

Hoshi no kabii two

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

Birdman

189. Posted:

@bulby1994 - I can't speak about KDL2, but DK94 and WL are both excellent titles. It's too hard for me to pick between the two of them; get DK94 if you enjoy puzzles in your platforming.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

190. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Hoshi no kabii two

Hoshi no Kabii Tsu

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

191. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

@bulby1994 - I can't speak about KDL2, but DK94 and WL are both excellent titles. It's too hard for me to pick between the two of them; get DK94 if you enjoy puzzles in your platforming.

I would go with DK. I liked both in their time but I remember DK as a more enjoyable and fun game. Absolutely worth its cost.

Edited on by DarkCoolEdge

Currently playing: check my backloggery
Next buys: Mario & Luigi (don't know which one yet) Rayman Legends/Splinter Cell: Blacklist
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Raiko

192. Posted:

Donkey Kong is in my top 3 gameboy games. Loads of content and well designed. Well worth the monies!

Raiko

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

193. Posted:

I need help. I'm stuck deciding between

-Double Dragon (GB)
-Fortified zone (GB)
-Castlevania (GB)

I want to know which is the longest, and which ones have a high score feature. I know Castlevania has a bad rep, but the reason I want it is because I like slow games, and I tend to favor this one over the newer ones as there are no stairs.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

194. Posted:

I think Fortified Zone is the longest game time wise, but you'll probably get more game-overs in DoubleDragon and Castlevania which means more play-time overall. Double Dragon is full of cheap shots, and from what I've seen of Castlevania it's the same deal. Fortified Zone tends to be pretty fair.

I don't think Fortified Zone has a score system; the other two do but they're not for high scores. DoubleDragon uses them for extra lives, and I think Castlevania's is just aesthetic like the one in MegaMan. My advice? Don't but any of them, but if you do choose one, don't get your hopes up

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

MrArkade

195. Posted:

These are my recommendations for 2D platformers on 3DS VC:
Super Mario Bros (NES)
Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
Wario Land (GB)
Wario Land 2 (GB/C)
I own all 4 of these and are all equally great.

MrArkade

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

196. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

I think Fortified Zone is the longest game time wise, but you'll probably get more game-overs in DoubleDragon and Castlevania which means more play-time overall. Double Dragon is full of cheap shots, and from what I've seen of Castlevania it's the same deal. Fortified Zone tends to be pretty fair.

I don't think Fortified Zone has a score system; the other two do but they're not for high scores. DoubleDragon uses them for extra lives, and I think Castlevania's is just aesthetic like the one in MegaMan. My advice? Don't but any of them, but if you do choose one, don't get your hopes up

I got Double Dragon (Because it's based off of an arcade game), and I'm loving it!

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

197. Posted:

is KI:OMAM any good?

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

198. Posted:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Hey guys, I am spending 30 euros on retro (i only have mario land ii, which felt boring) So what do I get??

That game is one of the pillars of my childhood!!

Get Donkey Kong on Gameboy, best puzzle platformer ever and the second pillar of my childhood. Wario Land 1&2 and Gargoyle's Quest are great platformers as well. LOZ DX and Toki Tori are on my to buy list, perhaps you like them to?

Edited on by Sjoerd

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

199. Posted:

Donkey Kong '94 is the best game on the Game Boy. IMO, everyone with a 3DS should get it ASAP.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

200. Posted:

I was wondering if I should get Zelda 2 when it comes out on 3DS VC. Some people say they hate it so that is why I doubt the game but I'm still curious about the game. Also has anyone ever plaid Ghost and Goblins? I have never have heard of the game be until recently and I need someone's opinion on it.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407