Forums

Topic: Recommended 3DS VC titles

Posts 181 to 200 of 243

SubBronze

Which one do you recommend I should go for to spend some leftover money, Wario Land, Kirby's Dream Land 2 or Donkey Kong 94? Or something else entirely since I have £6.72?

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Happy_Mask

Hoshi no kabii two

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Birdman

@bulby1994 - I can't speak about KDL2, but DK94 and WL are both excellent titles. It's too hard for me to pick between the two of them; get DK94 if you enjoy puzzles in your platforming.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

CrazyOtto

Happy_Mask wrote:

Hoshi no kabii two

Hoshi no Kabii Tsu

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

DarkCoolEdge

Birdman wrote:

@bulby1994 - I can't speak about KDL2, but DK94 and WL are both excellent titles. It's too hard for me to pick between the two of them; get DK94 if you enjoy puzzles in your platforming.

I would go with DK. I liked both in their time but I remember DK as a more enjoyable and fun game. Absolutely worth its cost.

Edited on by DarkCoolEdge

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

TheDreamingHawk

I need help. I'm stuck deciding between

-Double Dragon (GB)
-Fortified zone (GB)
-Castlevania (GB)

I want to know which is the longest, and which ones have a high score feature. I know Castlevania has a bad rep, but the reason I want it is because I like slow games, and I tend to favor this one over the newer ones as there are no stairs.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Magikarp3

I think Fortified Zone is the longest game time wise, but you'll probably get more game-overs in DoubleDragon and Castlevania which means more play-time overall. Double Dragon is full of cheap shots, and from what I've seen of Castlevania it's the same deal. Fortified Zone tends to be pretty fair.

I don't think Fortified Zone has a score system; the other two do but they're not for high scores. DoubleDragon uses them for extra lives, and I think Castlevania's is just aesthetic like the one in MegaMan. My advice? Don't but any of them, but if you do choose one, don't get your hopes up

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

MrArcade

These are my recommendations for 2D platformers on 3DS VC:
Super Mario Bros (NES)
Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
Wario Land (GB)
Wario Land 2 (GB/C)
I own all 4 of these and are all equally great.

MrArcade

TheDreamingHawk

Magikarp wrote:

I think Fortified Zone is the longest game time wise, but you'll probably get more game-overs in DoubleDragon and Castlevania which means more play-time overall. Double Dragon is full of cheap shots, and from what I've seen of Castlevania it's the same deal. Fortified Zone tends to be pretty fair.

I don't think Fortified Zone has a score system; the other two do but they're not for high scores. DoubleDragon uses them for extra lives, and I think Castlevania's is just aesthetic like the one in MegaMan. My advice? Don't but any of them, but if you do choose one, don't get your hopes up

I got Double Dragon (Because it's based off of an arcade game), and I'm loving it!

RainbowCrasher

is KI:OMAM any good?

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Sjoerd

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Hey guys, I am spending 30 euros on retro (i only have mario land ii, which felt boring) So what do I get??

That game is one of the pillars of my childhood!!

Get Donkey Kong on Gameboy, best puzzle platformer ever and the second pillar of my childhood. Wario Land 1&2 and Gargoyle's Quest are great platformers as well. LOZ DX and Toki Tori are on my to buy list, perhaps you like them to?

Edited on by Sjoerd

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

SparkOfSpirit

Donkey Kong '94 is the best game on the Game Boy. IMO, everyone with a 3DS should get it ASAP.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

GamecubeMan

I was wondering if I should get Zelda 2 when it comes out on 3DS VC. Some people say they hate it so that is why I doubt the game but I'm still curious about the game. Also has anyone ever plaid Ghost and Goblins? I have never have heard of the game be until recently and I need someone's opinion on it.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Magikarp3

Zelda 2... It's certainly not a bad game, the main criticism against it is that it's not a Zelda game per se - aside from its sidescrollerinty it's also got dungeon design which is fairly linear and mostly puzzle free, and no functional items to speak of. Once you look past it though, it's quite a neat action RPG, even if the skill tree is a little shallow. I would compare it to the Gargoyle's Quest series, which also involves a top down overworld with platformer combat, although Zelda 2 has a more refined exp system.

oh, and it's really really hard.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

TheDreamingHawk

Ghosts and goblins is very hard, and you will be using restore points every second. Zelda II is a lot easier, as you really only die if you make a dumb error. I've beaten it many times without restore points. Get Zelda II.

RR529

IGN's October eShop roundup is in.

Get It:

• Cave Story
  • Mario Golf
  • NightSky
  • Ghosts 'n Goblins

Consider It:

• Pokémon Dream Radar
  • Dr. Mario
  • Sparkle Snapshots 3D
  • Gradius
  • Liberation Maiden
  • Castlevania: the Adventure

Don't Get It:

• Samurai G.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TheDreamingHawk

Alien_Mosky wrote:

Zelda ll has a lot of ratings for a game that hasn't come out yet.

Well duh, it's an ambassador game.

RR529

IGN's November eShop roundup is in.

Get It:

• Crashmo
  • Pokédex 3D Pro
  • Zelda II: the Adventure of Link

Consider It:

• Aero Porter
  • Pac Man
  • 2 Fast 4 Gnomz

Don't Get:

• Johnny Hotshot
  • Dress to Play: Cute Witches

Not Mentioned:

• 3D Mahjongg
  • Monster Shooter

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.