3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Kirby's Block Ball

Showing 1 to 20 of 33

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

1. Posted:

Well, it finally hit the NA e-shop today. What do u guys think of it?

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

2. Posted:

Looks good i guess, but i'm personally not interested — growing up with the 2600, i'm more of a Breakout purist (which i think is a classification i just now invented). :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

3. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Looks good i guess, but i'm personally not interested — growing up with the 2600, i'm more of a Breakout purist (which i think is a classification i just now invented). :)

Oh, how cool! I'm a 2600 freak, too. I still have my original 7800! haha.. I love playing Breakout. (and Tetris, etc.) So I am giving this one a shot, even though I know it's much different than Breakout and Tetris, etc.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowChaos

4. Posted:

I wish i had money to buy it but I just have 59 cents left :(

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrArcade

5. Posted:

grumblegrumble wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Looks good i guess, but i'm personally not interested — growing up with the 2600, i'm more of a Breakout purist (which i think is a classification i just now invented). :)

Oh, how cool! I'm a 2600 freak, too. I still have my original 7800! haha.. I love playing Breakout. (and Tetris, etc.) So I am giving this one a shot, even though I know it's much different than Breakout and Tetris, etc.

Lol remember Pac-Man for the 2600?.....that turned out well didn't it.

Edited on by MrArcade

MrArcade

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

6. Posted:

I just can't buy this knowing Europe got Dream Land 2 and we get this. u_u

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

7. Posted:

I think it's been worth the 3 bucks I paid for it. Kind of got addicted for a bit and went through the first three worlds then made myself quit. Had other things that needed to be done, and I'm trying to finally play the rest of the way through Spirit Tracks.
Kirby Block Ball is simple, but somewhat humble and charming. Never played it before and it's a nice break from all the Zelda I play. :p

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CowLaunch

8. Posted:

I love this, Breakout + Kirby is all I ever wanted. This is the only game that has recently been able to stop me playing Kid Icarus.

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

9. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just can't buy this knowing Europe got Dream Land 2 and we get this. u_u

Yes, because not buying VC is the way we get them to releasese more.

Anyhow, Kirby's Block Ball is an extremely fun game I encourage everyone to play (I was surprised at the $2.99 price point too. Seems much more like a title they'd offer for $3.99). I had it as a kid, so I knew I was definately going to be getting it, but I had honestly forgotten how fun the game is.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

10. Posted:

MrArcade wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Looks good i guess, but i'm personally not interested — growing up with the 2600, i'm more of a Breakout purist (which i think is a classification i just now invented). :)

Oh, how cool! I'm a 2600 freak, too. I still have my original 7800! haha.. I love playing Breakout. (and Tetris, etc.) So I am giving this one a shot, even though I know it's much different than Breakout and Tetris, etc.

Lol remember Pac-Man for the 2600?.....that turned out well didn't it.

Haha! Yes, it did. IMHO. I have a soft spot for that game. I remember playing it as a very little kid and enjoying it immensely, even the crazy sound effects. lol!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

11. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just can't buy this knowing Europe got Dream Land 2 and we get this. u_u

Yes, because not buying VC is the way we get them to releasese more.

Anyhow, Kirby's Block Ball is an extremely fun game I encourage everyone to play (I was surprised at the $2.99 price point too. Seems much more like a title they'd offer for $3.99). I had it as a kid, so I knew I was definately going to be getting it, but I had honestly forgotten how fun the game is.

I second that! It's fun, addictive, innovative and original ;)

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

12. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

I think it's been worth the 3 bucks I paid for it. Kind of got addicted for a bit and went through the first three worlds then made myself quit. Had other things that needed to be done, and I'm trying to finally play the rest of the way through Spirit Tracks.
Kirby Block Ball is simple, but somewhat humble and charming. Never played it before and it's a nice break from all the Zelda I play. :p

Oh! Spirit Tracks is so underrated, in my opinion! I'm playing that and Minish Cap for the zillionth time through, and love them both equally. I'm also playing Kirby Block Ball in between that during my half an hour a night sessions lol ;)

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

13. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just can't buy this knowing Europe got Dream Land 2 and we get this. u_u

I'm sorry, but this is a lousy reason not to buy something. Europe lacks several games America has, so don't whine about it too much :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

14. Posted:

I'm really loving this. Much more creative than I expected. It's more than just a ball with Kirby's face on it...they do a great job of blending both gameplay experiences.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

15. Posted:

grumblegrumble wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

I think it's been worth the 3 bucks I paid for it. Kind of got addicted for a bit and went through the first three worlds then made myself quit. Had other things that needed to be done, and I'm trying to finally play the rest of the way through Spirit Tracks.
Kirby Block Ball is simple, but somewhat humble and charming. Never played it before and it's a nice break from all the Zelda I play. :p

Oh! Spirit Tracks is so underrated, in my opinion! I'm playing that and Minish Cap for the zillionth time through, and love them both equally. I'm also playing Kirby Block Ball in between that during my half an hour a night sessions lol ;)

Don't want to get too off topic, but yes, Spirit Tracks is underrated. Zelda is my favorite franchise, but for some reason it has already been hard for me to get through the handhelds. It took me a few years to beat Phantom Hourglass cause I kept picking it up, and then putting it down again for a long time (stupid Temple of the Ocean King). It was a great game, but it took me a while to really sit down and get through it. Now, I've been doing the same with Spirit Tracks...I actually just beat Link's awakening for the first time two days ago.. :p and I had it back int 1998...yet the only console Zelda I have NOT beat, is Zelda 2...
Anyway, Kirby Block Ball is pretty addicting right now! :p

Edited on by Whopper744

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

16. Posted:

LztheBlehBird wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just can't buy this knowing Europe got Dream Land 2 and we get this. u_u

I'm sorry, but this is a lousy reason not to buy something. Europe lacks several games America has, so don't whine about it too much :P

The fact that most of those games europe is missing, however, are third party, that is a completely different story, seeing how most of those are close to being released. Europe now has about 4 Nintendo party VC titles, and we are behind a lot. We have a reason to complain. Seeing how NOA usually doesn't reveal it's upcoming releases. At least we are catching up though.

The only complainers that we have to worry about are those Operation Rainfall people spamming facebook.:p

Though I will say, this game was worth the wait for america. It is so addicting! Glad it's on 3DS VC for it's cheap price. Hopefully Pinball land doesn't take that much longer.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

17. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

I think it's been worth the 3 bucks I paid for it. Kind of got addicted for a bit and went through the first three worlds then made myself quit. Had other things that needed to be done, and I'm trying to finally play the rest of the way through Spirit Tracks.
Kirby Block Ball is simple, but somewhat humble and charming. Never played it before and it's a nice break from all the Zelda I play. :p

Oh! Spirit Tracks is so underrated, in my opinion! I'm playing that and Minish Cap for the zillionth time through, and love them both equally. I'm also playing Kirby Block Ball in between that during my half an hour a night sessions lol ;)

Don't want to get too off topic, but yes, Spirit Tracks is underrated. Zelda is my favorite franchise, but for some reason it has already been hard for me to get through the handhelds. It took me a few years to beat Phantom Hourglass cause I kept picking it up, and then putting it down again for a long time (stupid Temple of the Ocean King). It was a great game, but it took me a while to really sit down and get through it. Now, I've been doing the same with Spirit Tracks...I actually just beat Link's awakening for the first time two days ago.. :p and I had it back int 1998...yet the only console Zelda I have NOT beat, is Zelda 2...
Anyway, Kirby Block Ball is pretty addicting right now! :p

I hear you. I do the same thing. When I have to go to sleep and stop playing at night or put a game down because of boredom or something else, sometimes I find months go by before I play it again. When I had more time when I was younger I finished games in weeks, days even! Now as I'm older and I find I have less free time it takes me forever! I am loving this game because it seems to have a great pick up and play mechanic. Kirby's Block Ball is fun and addictive, and i am loving it immensely ;) It was so great to see another Virtual Console release yesterday. Let's hope they have more wonderful gems like this up their sleeves for us! :D

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Torchwood

18. Posted:

I got it, it's really well done for a Breakout type game. But I'd much rather have Dreamland 2.

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

19. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just can't buy this knowing Europe got Dream Land 2 and we get this. u_u

Yes, because not buying VC is the way we get them to releasese more.

Anyhow, Kirby's Block Ball is an extremely fun game I encourage everyone to play (I was surprised at the $2.99 price point too. Seems much more like a title they'd offer for $3.99). I had it as a kid, so I knew I was definately going to be getting it, but I had honestly forgotten how fun the game is.

Right, because 1000+ copies of Link's Awkaening DX totally got Nintendo to release the Oracle Games already.
Besides, I was mostly kidding. I know that's a bad reason not to buy a game, and I probably will get it eventually. :P

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

20. Posted:

So I take it this is much better than Alleyway?

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh