Forums

Topic: Aw yeah! Persona Q!

Posts 141 to 160 of 281

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: What team are you using? I've got Yuu and Akihiko in the front, with Aigis, Naoto, and Zen & Rei in the back. Naoto is my secret weapon, with her instakill moves, and a sub persona using impure reach to basically break a good amount of the battles. Zen and Rei are pretty great too, with their ability to recover SP per footstep and a bunch of elemental moves with recovery to heal one row of my party.

Edited on by Pho

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Spoony_Tech

@xPH03N1Xx86: I'm not really running a team that makes sense lol. Other then myself obviously I'm using Teddie, Kanji, Aigis, and Yukari. I'm using whatever skills they provide. I started with Zen and Tri but when some of these requests come up I move people out to put them in the party for the quest. Tjats how Teddie got there and I never moved him out lol. The only person I have left from my original crew is Kanji. He hits way too hard to take him out.

I also have some really good Persona that I would like to make stronger ones but my level isn't high enough. It's hard to get rid of all those skill to replace them with one That might only have one skill I can use even at level 39. A lot of my persona are over level 40 and some as high as 46. I want to combine and keep some of these skills but I can only do so with weaker Persona.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Zen and Rei are pretty useful. It's like they're the ranged area multi-elemental attacker and healer all in one combo.

I guess it makes up for the fact that they can't use personas.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

Ok, now I've seen it all, a Hulk Hogan shadow/demon lol. If you can't tell I'm now in the early stages of the 4th dungeon. I like the well lit dungeon after that rather long dark one. Needed that change after so long. I'm still having a bit harder times with FOE's then main dungeon bosses. Even then they still aren't That hard. I might just be too leveled up for all I know. I'm enjoying this game so much I don't want it to end!!

So I tackled the first FOE like I always do and this one was actually hard for a change. My first attempt was going good and I get it weak only to be wiped out by a light attack. Second time I went in with light resistance on everyone and got just under half way till it did it again and killed all but one. I could never recover and had to escape. The 3rd time was hard but I did finally take it out and boy was it worth it. My back row ended getting 40+ defense armor. Now my tank is even more of a tank!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@MERG @Ralizah: Looks like this got a bigger price cut then even i expected! Nows the time boys, it doesnt get much better then this!

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah, I'll be picking this up. I can't ignore that price.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pho

Kanji is voiced by Matthew Mercer. I had no idea. I freaking love the guy, my favorite english VA.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Spoony_Tech

@xPH03N1Xx86: He's my favorite character for sure now. I even heard you can get a sequence where you marry him at the end of the second dungeon.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Eel

From what I hear you can marry all the characters in that dungeon. It depends on your answers to the questions

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ralizah

Finally picked this up. I'm hoping to dive into it in a few days after I get my platinum trophy for Corpse Party: Blood Drive.

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@xPH03N1Xx86: He's my favorite character for sure now. I even heard you can get a sequence where you marry him at the end of the second dungeon.

I spent all 80 hours of my first Persona 4 playthrough hoping I could find a way to date Kanji. Alas, the game doesn't give you that option. It would have been fun if Atlus released a version of the game with a female main character like they did with Persona 3 Portable so that you could pursue the guys as romance options. Can you have an on-going relationship with the character you marry, or is it a one-off joke sort of thing?

Edited on by Ralizah

Eel

I did enjoy selecting him whenever P4's dialogue gave me the option of choosing between the girls or him.

Fun times.

About the Pq thing, it's just a joke. You can do it as many times as you want with all the characters.

About P3, the romance options for the girl MC are kind of lacking. They range from "can't" to "can miss the option forever" to "you probably shouldn't".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Spoony_Tech

Very few games have held my attention as long as Persona Q has. Well deserving of that GotY it got last year from that one site. I'm 125 hours in too!

This game still throws new puzzle elements at you even though I'm nearing the end. Love the cast, gameplay, and level design. Nice fresh take on the EO series and different enough to stand on its own. Even though I'm nearing the end I still feel like I'm missing a lot. I only have found 63% of the Persona so far and would like to see all the skills they carry but I also want to finish at the same time so I can start Stella Glow next week. Still a part of me doesn't want this game to end! I feel like I would miss the characters I've grown to love! If ever a game needed a sequel it's this one!

MERG said:

Ralizah

If it's like other Persona games, one playthrough is 100+ hours, and there'll still be tons of things to do in New Game Plus.

rishisquid

Okay so I just beat the Queen of Hearts and got all the characters. Would a good team be: Minato, Yu, and Mitsuru in the front, and Yukiko and Aigis in the back?

rishisquid

Spoony_Tech

rishisquid wrote:

Okay so I just beat the Queen of Hearts and got all the characters. Would a good team be: Minato, Yu, and Mitsuru in the front, and Yukiko and Aigis in the back?

I don't think it really matters too much who you use. What's more important is the Persona skills attatched to those characters. I personally liked to have one of each further in the front row cut, bash, and pierce. In the back was my healer and my tank to absorb all the hits. I've switched out people here and there and it really hasn't made much of a difference. What you want to do as soon as you get them is put growth accessories on the players sitting out as you may want a skill one of them possesses later in the game.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Finally beat this last night just in time for Stella Glow today!

Wonderful experience from beginning to the end. If anything this might have been the easiest Atlus game I've ever played. Maybe my skill set was just to good and found a good strategy to take out most foes and bosses. Still the cast was wonderful and always talking so this was one enjoyable story and wonderful experience.

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Newer Persona games usually aren't terribly challenging. They're worth playing for the interesting stories, multi-faceted characters, unique gameplay, and entertaining skits/dialogue.

Edited on by Ralizah

rishisquid

I was using Aigis at first but now I'm using Naoto, and she's amazing. In P4 I liked her but she's kind of SP costly, but two things change that in PQ: sub persona's with skills that cost hp, and the boost mechanic. Now, She can just easily exploit a weakness, boost, and then megido next turn, without using any sp. I have to say I like the gameplay better than in P3 and P4, not necessarily the battle system, but the layout and dungeon crawling/socializing ratio as well. Social links are pretty fun in the other games, but sometimes they just get in the way of the fun... Anyways, I love the puzzles in the game and I hope they add some similar ones in P5.

rishisquid

Spoony_Tech

@rishisquid: Well I hope you love puzzles as they really get challening. A lot of the puzzles though have to do with getting around foes but I just fought most I came across. Still that got tiring as there's just too many at times and traveling back resets them and fighting them again got old fast and I wasn't progressing enough. I finally found a balance of fighting them and going around them but it took me a while lol

I played this For right around 140 hours which is where my EOIV ended up. There was plenty of end game stuff I never finished in that one.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.