Forums

Topic: Aw yeah! Persona Q!

Posts 121 to 140 of 281

Tiefseemiez

I love the music and the artwork so much, but still I'm hesitant to go back to the first floor of the third dungeon.
It's so annoying how strong the enemies are there and that you lose everything if you get killed. Well it makes sense, but it throws you back so much.
Playing Bravely Default right now (and finding the dungeons there really generic and annoying), I get the impression that I am not as much into dungeon crawlers as I thought I was.
But I will try to go back to Persona Q rather sooner than later. It deserves it.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Spoony_Tech

@Tiefseemiez: I guess that's why there's a skill that lets you leave battle and warps you to the exit. Sounds like it comes in handy!

Funny thing is I'm finding the enemies in the 3rd floor of the 2nd dungeon rather weak. I'm even defeating every foe I come across.

Oh and to add to what I just said, the foe's in this game seem to be much easier then in the EO series. I mean by the time I get to the next area I always leave them alone in an EO game. In t his game I give them a shot right away with the exception of the first foe's. Those took a bit to defeat.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: With most of the foe's I had a few secret weapons, that kind of broke them. That 4th dungeon FOE can be a real pain to handle though. I had to figure out an alternate way to break it than my go to secret weapon.

Edited on by Pho

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Spoony_Tech

I'm going to go back to my problem with this game only having 14 persona's to use. I'm getting so many so fast that I'm dumping good ones. The problem is I can't simply combine any of my lower level ones because they all yield ones I can't create because of my level isn't high enough. I'm level 25 and I have at least 8 that exceed my level and another 6 right around my level. It's to the point that soon I'll be getting rid of ones that are of higher level then me at this point. I can't even get the skills I want because they are taking too long to yield the skills. I think maybe I need to keep 5 that I really like and use the others to boost their experience. I'm hitting a wall with them far too soon.

The other part of the problem is my ocd for seeing an enemy foe or not and feeling the need to defeat them. I'm taking them out so regularly and they always yield a much more powerful persona. I guess that's not a bad thing just wish I could keep say up to 21 or something. 14 is just not enough.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

But it goes deeper then just adding them. Without know what skills are locked behind a lot of those persona it will just be wild guesses as to what I may need down the road. Plus they're not cheap either. I can barely keep up with all the new weapons and armor offered at almost every stop. I didn't have these problems with past games that use the demon system.

MERG said:

Eel

Just keep some elemental attacks and healing abilities with you. That's all you'll ever need from the personas.

For the early levels give priority to stronger personas because they increase your stats. Even if they have bad abilities.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

I just cleaned out my group a bit and reassigned them properly. At least I have a bit of space to get more now.

Plus this is an Atlus game, eventually there will be a skill I need to look out for and I don't want to miss it.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Why do i get this feeling that these questions I'm answering in the 2nd dungeon are going to form what end boss i fight on this level?

So while in the 3rd floor of the second dungeon i came across this room where there was nothing. It was a 9 square room in a shape of a square. Why lock nothing behind a room like that? So i went and marked the room right in the center nothing???? as to say really, nothing is in here. So i take on this mission/quest a low and behold it was exactly where i had already marked and that's where we're suppose to meet lol. I've been playing rpgs far too long to think nothing is in a room.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: Hehe, have fun with the end of that second dungeon You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Poyo! <3

Spoony_Tech

So I finally made it out of the second dungeon a couple days ago and that boss was a bit weird lol. I thought he was easier then some of the regular monsters though.

Once I got the 4th floor of that dungeon I couldn't say it was easy anymore. With all the cursing, poisoning, and charming it felt more like a slog fest. I'm going to assume it gets worse from here lol. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for them but we'll see how it goes. Loving the sound of the next dungeon even though there's lots to do before I actually enter it.

MERG said:

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: The 3rd dungeon is my favourite, so atmospheric! Atmosphere is one thing Persona Q does wonderfully. And things start to get nasty there too, so be prepared. It can really put you between a rock and an FOE.

Poyo! <3

Spoony_Tech

@xPH03N1Xx86: If you know me I'll run into the first one I see and give it a go. I like the Persona and items I can get from the as early as possible to help ease the pain of the dungeon.

Oh and you need to get back into this game before I pass you up.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: I finished Oracle of Ages yesterday so I picked it up again. If I remember things well enough I'll breeze by you in no time > :3
Totally going to build my game breaking setup from the beginning, instead of finding it out midway through

Edited on by Pho

Poyo! <3

Spoony_Tech

@xPH03N1Xx86: You're starting it over again?? Are you at least going with the other group of characters? I had to do this with Overclocked about a year ago. Got stuck in day 7 and quit for like 2 year then started it over only to quit again shortly after the part I got stuck on the first time. Over 170 hours on that game because of it.

MERG said:

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah, I want to build the team I had before I lost my save data, I got attached to them and the setup I made. I feel like I owe them a bit xD I had also went on a FOE extermination spree in the 4th dungeon, and then messed it up with one unlucky battle.

Poyo! <3

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Oh god, I did almost the exact same thing with Overclocked. I can't believe I've played that game for so long and have yet to actually get one of the endings!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Haven't stopped playing just been very busy the past week. I'm almost through the second floor of the third dungeon. Still taking out foes fairly easy whenever I first see them. Getting some pretty good equipment from them.

Loving this dungeon. At first I didn't like the dark but now I really am enjoying this dungeon. Reminds me of Dementum.

MERG said:

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: That 3rd one is my favorite one. And I'm making my way through Stop 1 of the 2nd dungeon. Nearly have my secret weapon built too, so I can't wait to tear through some FOE's >:3 Also, was there an update in my time away from the game? When using a Persona skill, I don't remember there being the animation where it either shows the eyes in the banner, sort of like a critical from FE:A, or it showing the character a moment before they do the move. Maybe I just forgot, but it is pretty cool.

Also those enemies with Stona. Ugh

Poyo! <3

Spoony_Tech

As far as I am I still don't think I have an accessory to prevent Stona. I didn't mind that as much once I got to the third dungeon. Cursing can hit you hard when you use a high hit point move then connect for 200 plus damage. I've died many a time from that. Also getting paralyzed sucks as well.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.