Forums

Topic: Aw yeah! Persona Q!

Posts 161 to 180 of 281

Zibene999

Though I'm not really a fan of EO, I just recently picked up and played through PE3 and watched a walkthrough of PE4.
Is this game something I should buy if I decently like Persona but don't like EO much, or are the fan-bits the only other cool/interesting feature? (And then I'd just watch those somewhere instead of buying it..)

It does LOOK like a nice game, however. Rather have a DQ for that price though, personally. :/

Edited on by Zibene999

Zelda series: 9/18 (50%)
Played all FF main games (some more than once! Heh.)
Fan of ZE since the first game's release, summer can't come soon enough!
Favorite Pokemon Gens/Pokemon: 3 & 5, Lumineon
longtime Advance Wars and Animal Crossing fan.

Tiefseemiez

@Zibene999: Well, you got to like the Gameplay.
Didn't play any other Persona games, so I don't know what they play like at all, but this game is very Etrian Odyssey.
You have to like the whole mapping thing and crawling dungeons that first-person-EO-style.
What it does differently is the whole design/style/musicthing and you fight using weapons AND your typical fusable SMT-demons.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Spoony_Tech

Tiefseemiez wrote:

@Zibene999: Well, you got to like the Gameplay.
Didn't play any other Persona games, so I don't know what they play like at all, but this game is very Etrian Odyssey.
You have to like the whole mapping thing and crawling dungeons that first-person-EO-style.
What it does differently is the whole design/style/musicthing and you fight using weapons AND your typical fusable SMT-demons.

Just to add to what this person said. Not only is it very much Etrian but it also rewards you for mapping the floor 100% with a special treasure box on each floor. Now the main differences are obviously the cast which is amazing and the battle system is very much SMT like. I personally love the EO series but I felt like this stood out on its own and had enough differences in dungeon design to separate itself from the EO series. I walked away with a lasting impression of the characters and felt they would be with me forever!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Zibene999

@Spoony_Tech @Tiefseemiez
Thank you both for your great comments, it really helped me rethink not purchasing this game. The main thing I didn't like about EO was the guild creation and map-making, not annoying just not my thing is all, however the rest of it was fine.
I like Persona enough to buy this, and what Spoony mentioned did make it sound like a lot of fun.

Welp, it goes on the holiday wishlist for now. ^_-

Edited on by Zibene999

Zelda series: 9/18 (50%)
Played all FF main games (some more than once! Heh.)
Fan of ZE since the first game's release, summer can't come soon enough!
Favorite Pokemon Gens/Pokemon: 3 & 5, Lumineon
longtime Advance Wars and Animal Crossing fan.

Tiefseemiez

It most certainly has a lot charm! It's without a doubt one of the most charming titles I have played on the 3DS. Pretty unique style and music. Drawing maps is pretty essential, but the game certainly does a lot to keep you motivated!

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Ralizah

Finally started this game. It's cute, so far, and like the main Persona games, the voice acting is top notch. Whoever is playing Kanji now is excellent, in particular, as he is almost a dead ringer for Troy Baker.

Not a huge fan of the visual presentation thus far. The VN scenes have weird, hazy backgrounds, and the character movement is... odd. It's like they're teleporting into different positions as they talk. The stereoscopic 3D is also pretty poorly implemented here.

I wanted to post on Miiverse, but this game doesn't allow screenshots, for some reason. Takes all of the fun out of Miiverse posts, which is sad when you consider that this game will likely have some pretty great dialogue.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pho

@Ralizah: It's Matthew Mercer doing Kanji. AKA Chrom from Fire Emblem.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Ralizah

@xPH03N1Xx86: Ah, thanks! He's doing a really good job.

I have to say, these character models are adorable. I could watch Rei eat a corndog all day!

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

@xPH03N1Xx86: Ah, thanks! He's doing a really good job.

I have to say, these character models are adorable. I could watch Rei eat a corndog all day!

And you will lol!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

The battle system is interesting. Like a cross between traditional SMT combat and EO combat.

I LOVE this thing where you're rewarded for mapping out the entirety of the floor. I'm OCD about my EO maps anyway, so this works perfectly for me.

The random character dialogue when you first go into random battles is great.

Stude

Found out that I'll be getting that sweet Wild Cards edition for xmas. Gotta finish Steamworld Heist before then because I plan on getting way deep into this game.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: I like how they did just enough to separate it from EO yet it's familiar enough that it feels fresh.

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah, so far it kind of feels like its own thing. I have to say, though, this game is really easy on normal difficulty so far. If this keeps up, I might bump up the difficulty.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: I played in Normal the whole way through. Bosses felt easier then EO but some of those FOE's were harder than the bosses. Try it on harder as it didn't seem too difficult to me either.

MERG said:

Ralizah

In the second labyrinth now. The difficulty is more balanced now. I think I'll leave it on normal.

I love all the additional options that having most of the characters from the last two Persona games affords me in terms of party customization.

Haha , they carried over that thing from P4G where you sometimes find Marie's pretentious poetry on the floor when you enter the velvet room.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: The third is something special and rather unique. I like all the puzzle elements to both the labyrinth design and ways to avoid the FOE's. Although I just mosly fought them after the first labyrinth.

MERG said:

Ralizah

Double post.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: I'm lol! Odd duble post, you feeling ok?

MERG said:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Ralizah: I'm lol! Odd duble post, you feeling ok?

Woops. Sorry, I posted from my phone, and I guess it did something funny.

The dating questions in this second dungeon are... interesting.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: You need to let me know the outcome.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.