Earlier this week, Nintendo revealed it would be rolling out the first free update for Mario Strikers: Battle League.
This update adds two new characters - Daisy and Shy Guy, a new gear set 'Knight' and one additional stadium known as 'Desert Ruin'. It's now officially gone live, and as part of this, Nintendo has shared the patch notes over on its support page.
Version 1.1.0 includes additional content, added features and general changes, adjustements and fixes:
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released July 21, 2022)
- Added “Daisy” as a playable character.
- Added “Shy Guy” as a playable character.
- Added the “Desert Ruin” stadium.
- Added the “Knight” gear set.
- Increased how many items can be displayed in the Notifications ticker in Strikers Club.
- When choosing "Random" on the Character Selection screen, the geared version of the Character will be selected (if one exists).
- Reduced the probability of scoring on a weak shot from far away.
- Reduced the probability of Stars appearing when you are losing by a 1 or 2 point difference.
- Revised the CPU behavior and opposing team composition in Cup Battles.
- Added visible trail to the ball when it’s not in active possession, making it easier to see.
- Made player numbers easier to see when playing online.
- Fixed an issue when playing as Waluigi and using a hyper strike in which the ball could hit a goal post and not go in.
- Made several other adjustments to game balance and fixed several other issues to improve the gameplay experience.
Have you downloaded this update yet? What do you think of the new characters, gear and level? Comment below.