We've got the sales figures from the latest Famitsu Japanese charts, and during the week of 18th - 24th April, Kirby and the Forgotten Land was dethroned by a double-assault from eBaseball Powerful Pro Baseball 2022.
The latest entry in the hugely popular eBaseball series smashed the competition to sell a total of 147,263 retail copies between the Switch and PS4 releases, with the Nintendo version selling a whopping 92,724 units alone. Kirby is still in a pretty healthy place — another 29,281 sales have helped push the pink puffball well over 600,000 sales in Japan alone, which is really impressive.
There were two more new Switch releases this week to accompany the baseball giant. Yomawari 3, the third entry in Nippon Ichi's horror series debuted at an impressive fifth, and the long-awaited Pocky & Rocky Reshrined also slotted in nicely in tenth.
Here are the full figures for the week:
- [NSW] eBaseball Powerful Pro Baseball 2022 (Konami, 04/21/22) – 92,724 (New)
- [PS4] eBaseball Powerful Pro Baseball 2022 (Konami, 04/21/22) – 54,539 (New)
- [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Nintendo, 03/25/22) – 29,281 (618,481)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 11,872 (4,579,625)
- [NSW] Yomawari 3 (Nippon Ichi Software, 04/21/22) – 11,129 (New)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 7,841 (2,612,444)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 6,372 (4,853,533)
- [PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia: Sisters vs. Sisters (Compile Hart, 04/21/22) – 6,268 (New)
- [NSW] 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Atlus, 04/14/22) – 6,017 (33,216)
- [NSW] Pocky & Rocky Reshrined (Natsume Atari, 04/21/22) – 5,747 (New)
Looking at hardware sales, there's not much different here. The Switch OLED has increased sales compared to the previous week, from 27,303 to 32,916, while the regular Switch model still sits comfortably in second. Combine the total sales of the two with the Switch Lite's, and Nintendo's console is likely to top the 25 million mark very soon. Speaking of the Lite, it's swapped places with the PlayStation 5 again, as Sony's console has seen a nice little boost in sales.
- Switch OLED Model – 32,916 (1,619,662)
- Switch – 16,389 (18,215,283)
- PlayStation 5 – 15,789 (1,336,473)
- Switch Lite – 8,185 (4,688,271)
- Xbox Series S – 5,459 (88,678)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 1,892 (231,874)
- Xbox Series X – 566 (95,856)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 205 (1,185,272)
- PlayStation 4 – 12 (7,819,445)
Let us know what you make of the latest charts in the comments; are you still playing Kirby and the Forgotten Land?
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.