- [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus (The Pokemon Company, 01/28/22) – 1,424,657 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo, 10/29/21) – 19,169 (833,192)
- [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl (The Pokemon Company, 11/19/21) – 14,951 (2,483,102)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,064 (4,400,203)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 12,986 (4,739,797)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 10,663 (2,496,078)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 8,695 (7,166,966)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 7,733 (3,059,839)
- [NSW] Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain (Nintendo, 12/03/21) – 7,127 (2,307,549)
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (Konami, 11/19/20) – 6,749 (2,5814,176)
Here are this week's hardware figures for Japan, followed by lifetime sales in brackets:
- Switch OLED Model – 46,947 (1,077,288)
- Switch – 32,331 (17,927,296)
- Switch Lite – 19,800 (4,530,354)
- PlayStation 5 – 21,871 (1,128,590)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 1,468 (208,748)
- Xbox Series X – 1,098 (76,983)
- Xbox Series S – 598 (59,051)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 267 (1,181,306)
- PlayStation 4 – 11 (7,819,302)
[source famitsu.com, via gematsu.com]
Switch really is an unstoppable force.
When the both the Switch AND the Switch Oled sperately outsell all the competition...
Credit where due, though - even with production constraints, PS5 has still more or less inherited PS4's numbers in Japan these days. Unless it's all PS4 owners gradually upgrading.😅
MS and Sony are scrambling for other companies while Nintendo...
We just need a Direct now to keep up the momentum, as apart from Kirby there’s not a whole lot on the horizon.
@HamatoYoshi I suspect we don't have to wait too long until the next Direct, gonna drop any moment now. In 4 months it's the traditional E3 Direct, so if they do one earlier it's gonna be very soon.
A direct with BotW 2’s release date confirmed will have everyone talking 😀
@Medic_Alert yes, actual release dates as Splatoon, Bayonetta and Breath Of The Wild aren’t set and I imagine they’ll be very late in the year or even next year so there isn’t actually that much set in stone from Nintendo themselves.
nothing can stop Switch for becoming the best selling hardware of all time.
3. Switch Lite – 19,800 (4,530,354)
4. PlayStation 5 – 21,871 (1,128,590)
Em... Momotarō Dentetsu - 2,5814,176 copies sold overall. 25 millions? Or 2 and half millions?
The physical software sales for the other consoles must be abysmal.
@Bret Yeah, it's like they are listing sales numbers alphabetically. 🤣
Y'all might double check the number on Big Brain Academy.
Not gonna lie, I was questioning whether Legends would push consoles. Most Pokemon fans already have a switch and the rest of gamers don't see any point.
Glad I was wrong
@Vyacheslav333 It should be 2,584,176 copies sold.
@BTB20 O, okay. Thanks...
Look I know this is a Nintendo site, but the ps5 outsold the switch lite yet it is number 4 and the lite is 3. I mean if you don’t look close enough you won’t notice it but still get the numbers right Nintendo life.
That looks good! I start playing soon. I missed the launch date but my cheque comes in soon and i'll be playing this and Kingdom Hearts.
@HamatoYoshi I'd bet money that Splatoon 3 is the big May/June game. Given we don't know what's coming out around then, it seems unlikely that it'd be put in the same crowded time of year as BotW2 with how big both titles are.
@blindsquarel Maybe they put the comma at the wrong place. Maybe it's not 21,871. Maybe it's 2,187. The chart is from Gematsu though, NL just copy and paste from there. Besides there's no way the PS5 was able to beat the Switch Lite anyways.
Sony should pay more attention on her homeland.I mean ok Japanese love their mobile gadgets but there's still room for home consoles
What's with switch light being over PS5. I'm pretty sure 19,000 is a lower number then 21,000 .
Tap here to load 23 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...