Indie developer Rookiez from Warsaw has announced its latest project, Space Grid Tournament, a futuristic blend of strategy and sports.
The game has you taking part in "the most spectacular sport of the future," as you spawn your robotic players and have them fight to take control of every tile on the field. As you can see from the trailer above, a familiar strategy-like grid setting is home to the action, and Rookiez from Warsaw promises that the tactical gameplay on offer will be "fast and brutal".
Here's a list of key features:
- Brutal, futuristic sport you’ve never seen before
- Fast, exciting gameplay, where you have to figure out the best tactics on the fly
- Dynamic AI that evolves as you progress in the single-player mode
- Full match setting, with the professional announcer, in-game billboards, and
- Play solo and advance in the robust ranks system
- Dominate the leaderboards in ranked games
- Test your skills against friends in local competitive mode
The game will feature both single-player and multiplayer modes when it comes to Steam and Switch in the future – the Steam launch is currently scheduled for late 2021, with Switch coming "later".
Are you liking the look of this one at this early stage? Will you be keeping an eye out for more info? Let us know in the usual place.