Indie publisher Digerati has confirmed that Vertical Drop Heroes HD, a rogue-lite platformer, will be launching on Nintendo Switch next week.
Created by Nerdook (the developer behind games such as Monster Slayers and Reverse Crawl), Vertical Drop Heroes was originally a web-based game which received over two million plays. Following that version's success, the game was given an HD makeover, releasing on Steam, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita - and now Switch - with the fancy 'HD' plastered on the end.
The game is described as a "procedural platformer RPG hybrid with roguelike elements", with the game's hero adventuring through randomly generated stages. Armed with a variety of skills and traits, you must use your cunning and reflexes to survive the dangers of each stage, all the way up until you face the final boss and uncover the truth behind the game's secrets.
- Randomly generated stages with destructible terrain
- Split screen, local co-op (supports split Joy-Con play)
- Tons of skills, abilities, traits and powers to unlock
- Unique combat system encourages proper planning over quick reflexes
- Persistent upgrades allow you to carry forward progress between games
- Every enemy and boss is designed to provide challenge and varietyCreated by one-man indie machine, Nerdook, in his unique style
The game launches on 4th October and should be available to pre-purchase as we speak on the Nintendo eShop. If you do decide to pre-purchase, you'll benefit from a rather nice 30% discount.
Will you be giving this a try?