Following on from the confirmation of the North American prices for Fire Emblem Fates' DLC, Nintendo of Europe has now revealed how much all of this lovely content is going to cost on the other side of the pond.
As is the case in North America, all of the content outlined below can be purchased for a one-off fee - the Map Pack 1 "season pass" will set you back £16.19 / €17.99, and gives access to all 11 maps as and when they are released, as well as 10,000 in-game gold. Taking into account that purchased separately the maps will cost you £22.70 / €24.90, that's quite a sweet deal.
If you'd rather pick and choose which maps you have, then here's a breakdown:
- Before Awakening - Beyond the gate to another world lies the Halidom of Ylisse. (20th May, free)
- Boo Camp - It is said that there is another world where one can get plenty of experience… (26th May, £2.29/€2.49)
- Beach Brawl - And the winner of the royal families' battle over a ticket to paradise is… (26th May, £2.29/€2.49)
- Ghostly Gold - It is said that there is another world where one can get plenty of gold… (2nd June, £2.29/€2.49)
- Museum Melee - It is said that there is a world where one can get many new weapons… (2nd June, £2.29/€2.49)
- Royal Royale - A battle to determine the strongest royal. And the last one standing is— (9th June, £2.29/€2.49)
- Hidden Truths (1 & 2) - The secret prologue to the world of Fates. 2 map set. (16th June, £4.09/€4.49)
- Vanguard Dawn - A trial ground using the stage Elincia's Gambit from Radiant Dawn. (23rd June, £1.79/€1.99)
- Anna on the Run - Anna is cornered by thieves! What will her fate be…? (30th June, £1.79/€1.99)
- Ballistician Blitz - A trial ground using the stage The Wooden Cavalry from Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. (7th July, £1.79/€1.99)
- A Gift From Anna - If you select "A Gift from Anna" from the "Play DLC" section of the Dragon's Gate after downloading, you may select and receive either the Sighting Lens OR the Witch's Mark. Only playable once. (7th July, free)
- Witches' Trial - A trial ground using the stage Fear Mountain from Fire Emblem Gaiden.(14th July, £1.79/€1.99)
The game launches in Europe on May 20th.
might get one or two out of this first pack, the 2nd pack sounds much better
I shouldn't even be buying FE: Conquest at all, since I'll be borrowing money for it... But even so, I'm tempted to buy the season pass for this. Even if I don't, I'll be getting Before Awakening & Vanguard Dawn for sure. Tie-in to Awakening, and remake of my favorite FE level of all time? Much better than with Awakening's "New Artwork of an old character who isn't even really that character, just a TCG card who thinks they're real."
So Europe can use in game gold to buy the dlc? That's really cool for them I guess, but I wish the rest of the world got that type of deal as well.
They should include this for free as an apology for the delay!
I might get those EXP/Gold grind DLCs if I ever need it. That Awakening stage sounds good though.
Also question if anyone is willing to answer: If you buy Revelations through the eShop, do you need a lot of space on your SD card, or is all that stuff already 'on-disc' in the Birthright/Conquest cartridge?
Am I reading it right you can use in game gold to pay for DLC? If so bonus question for my American friends,How hard is 10K gold to get? *Edit I've read it again you get 10K gold as well as the maps 😂
@CapricornDavid Revelation reuses most of the assets (models game engine etc) as the other 2, so it only adds the new maps, dialogue etc and took about 800 blocks when you already have 1 cart or the other, as will buying the other version
I'm still a bit confused about Fates.
Is the European version all three games together for $60 (Australian) and we can't buy them seperate?
And, should I play Birthright (for the story), stop, then play Conquest and take those characters through to the end game?
So easy to be confusing 🤔
@ASonic3582 Fantastic. Thanks for answering
@ASonic3582 No, you've misread it. We get 10,000 in-game gold as a bonus for buying the map pack.
@Fandabidozi You can buy Birthright and Conquest separately at retail. Revelation is released later as download-only. Only if you managed to secure the Special Edition do you get all 3 games on one cartridge.
@Firnen Yeah Awakenings DLC bonus were sad. Anna (as DLC on fates) at least is a full character with support and a personal Skill.
All in all Fates is better than Awakening is every single aspect, and dlc is no exception.
It's been so long I'm not sure I even care enough to get this game anymore.
Not like i really care for all this DLC considering that conquest+birthright+revelations is already 80 euros.
Can't wait for the game, but no hurry for the DLC, with three different paths to play I'll wait to get to the third one before wandering if I need even more maps and battles to deal with XP
@ASonic3582 I don't think they can use gold to buy the DLC, I think they get in-game gold as a bonus for buying the map pack.
@RainbowGazelle I purchased the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition from Nintendo UK Official Store...
However sadly... I am unable to play it due to being a collector and I ONLY play these limited edition bundles if I have secured two... I have only got one and so it will be going away in with all of my other limited editions as a collectors item.
Getting everything Fates sure is expensive. However, as there isn't much else 3DS that interests me this year, I suppose it will be well worth it.
This game isn't even out in UK yet, but I feel like everyone else has had it for years!!
@Fandabidozi : Fates is being released in Australia in the same fashion as the U.K.
There will be three versions available at retail...
Special Edition (Contains Birthright, Conquest and Revelation)
The Special Edition will include all three games on one game card, and from my understanding, there will be three separate save slots for each of the three games (i.e. 9 save slots in total).
In the eShop, there will be two versions available for purchase...
The opposite version can be purchased as DLC in-game for about half the normal cost of the game (and Revelation will be released separately a few weeks after launch as DLC).
Thanks. Maybe I'm over thinking it 😅
Yikes, I'm already spending a lot on the special edition...I hope the season pass will be available to purchase at any time, because I won't be affording it any time soon!
Tap here to load 22 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...