Is Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast really a blast to play?
Originally a Nintendo Gamcube title, Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast quietly got moved to Wii in late 2006. When Barrel Blast was first announced, it was supposed to use the DK bongo drum accessory. By hitting the left bongo, your character would move right and by hitting the right bongo, your character...
About The Game
Race to victory with the DK Crew! Donkey Kong® and friends have located high-powered barrel rockets, and now the battle for king of the jungle is on.
- Donkey Kong is Back! One of Nintendo's most popular characters, Donkey Kong, is back with all of his friends … and a few enemies as well. Diddy Kong®, Dixie Kong™, King K. Rool™ and the whole gang appear as playable characters in this fast-paced racing adventure.
- Shake, Rattle, and Roll! Simple Wii controls make racing a snap. Shake the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ to accelerate, then shake one or the other to turn. Press a single button or shake the controller to jump, attack or use items.
- Rocket to Victory! Target enemies with a Pineapple Cannon, skillfully chain together Wild Moves or use the Wii Remote to blast out of a Style Barrel. Multiple game-play modes, 16 awesome courses and a rollicking four-player multiplayer game will keep players coming back for more.
How to progress through the game:
- Grand Prix: Race solo in 12 different cups across a variety of courses and difficulty levels.
- Time Trial: Pick the course and try to set a new record. Players can even save their best times in the form of ghost data.
- Practice: Race across any track without the pressure of time limits or other racers.
- Candy's Challenges: Help out Candy Kong™ by taking on 32 unique challenges, such as grabbing 1,000 bananas, beating a course in a certain time or staying in first place wire-to-wire.
- Cranky's Flight School: Learn how to play from Cranky Kong™ himself.
- Multiplayer: Players take on up to three friends in a high-flying free-for-all as they bash, smash and rocket their way to victory. Multiplayer is not a separate mode; players can simply choose to play the other modes with additional people.
Characters: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Lanky Kong, Tiny Kong, Funky Kong™, Wrinkly Kong, Cranky Kong, Kritter, Kopter, Klump, King K. Rool, Kludge, Kalypso, Kip and Kass.
- Wild Moves: Each course is littered with bananas. If players grab 50 of them, they can perform a Wild Move by pushing down on the control stick and then releasing it. Wild Moves propel racers forward at an insane rate of speed for a short period of time – they also allow them to run over enemies, other racers and most obstacles. Skilled players can extend the lives of their Wild Moves by hitting objects to create combos.
- Style Barrels: If players fly into a red Style Barrel, it will fire them high over the course. While in flight, an animation of the Wii Remote will appear on-screen and ask players to shake it in a certain direction. Each time players do so successfully, the rider will pose and get showered with bananas!
- Items: There are 15 crazy items that players can use – everything from offensive weapons like Backward Barrels and Pineapple Launchers to helpful power-ups like Banana Fairies and Crystal Coconuts. Using items effectively can turn the tide of a race.