They come at night
Developed by Taiwan studio Glass Heart Games and inspired by titles such as Salt & Sanctuary and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Vigil: The Longest Night is a gothic Metroidvania which places you in a grim, horror-filled fantasy world and expects you to unravel various mysteries in the role of Leila, a member of the...
New DLC, new games, and more!
The Indie Houses Direct just finished airing, bringing together seven different indie publishers (Akupara Games, Fellow Traveller, Neon Doctrine, Raw Fury, Those Awesome Guys, Toge Productions, and Whitethorn Games) to share their bounty of game news over the course of an hour. "When indie games succeed, video games...
Clear some space on your shelf
Super Rare Games has announced not one, two, three, or even four physical games for Nintendo Switch, but five - yes, five brand new hard copy releases for the hybrid platform. In order, there's one from 505 Games, one from Daedalic Entertainment, another from Chucklefish, a fourth from Vertex Pop and last but not...
Mario Kart Live! Cloudpunk! G.I. Joe!
The latest Nintendo Download update for Europe has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch Retail eShop - New Releases: 9 Monkeys of Shaolin (Koch Media,...
I Am Dead, The Survivalists & FIFA 21
The latest Nintendo Download update for North America has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch eShop - Highlights: I Am Dead (Annapurna Interactive, 8th...
Check out its debut trailer
Taiwanese developer Glass Heart Games has revealed its debut title Vigil: The Longest Night. The game will be launching on other platforms in early 2020, with a Switch release planned for "later". Inspired by classics like Castlevania and modern hits like Salt and Sanctuary and Bloodborne, Vigil
Vigil: The Longest Night is a 2D action RPG with precise, technical combat and a strong narrative.
Vigil: The Longest Night aims to challenge players with its difficulty while compelling them with a tale of eldritch horror. Follow Leila on her quest to save her hometown from the creeping evil infesting the surrounding countryside. Navigate a world that wanders between dream and reality, sanity and madness, and uncover the secret of the longest night and the monstrous entities invading their world.
- Experiment with 4 types of weapon and multiple varieties of each type.
- A number of unique items to suit how you play
- A fusion of Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture
- Complex Skill Tree to create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Unique art style inspired by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting
- Brutal Enemies with multiple methods of attack and surprising attacks
- Explore dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests
- Meet the residents of Leila’s hometown as they struggle in world of maddening darkness
- Battle a host of hideous bosses from the depths of your nightmares
- Multiple endings to unravel
- Music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of metal band Whispered