Sometimes dead is better
A sword that can raise the dead? That’s the opposite of what they usually do! Gosh, if only we had something like that, we could resurrect all our enemies so we can enjoy destroying them again. But we digress. The titular Sword of the Necromancer and its ability to is the hook upon which this game enacts its otherwise...
Atelier Ryza 2! Cyber Shadow! Olija!
The latest Nintendo Download update for Europe has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch Retail eShop - New Releases: Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends &...
Olija, Citizens Unite and Gods Will Fall
The latest Nintendo Download update for North America has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch eShop - Highlights: Olija (Devolver Digital, 28th Jan,...
And to allow devs to further refine the game experience
Sword of the Necromancer, which started out as a Kickstarter project, will now launch a month later than planned. According to game developers JanduSoft S.L and Grimorio of Games, the monster summoning action-RPG will arrive on 28th January 2021 for the Nintendo Switch and multiple other...
Free demo appears on Steam
A brand new video has been released for Sword of the Necromancer, showing off the game's anime-inspired opening cinematic trailer. Made by Sunshine Animation Studio, the trailer gives us a quick tease of the game's story and the enemies you'll face ahead of the game's launch this December. A free 'prologue' version of the...
A behind-the-scenes look
JanduSoft and Grimorio of Games have shared a new Dev Diary video for the upcoming Sword of the Necromancer, an action roguelike heading to Switch later this year. The video is the first in a series of three set to be shared to YouTube, all offering an in-depth, behind-the-scenes peek into the making of the game. This first...
What would you do to bring back someone you love?
Sword of the Necromancer is a dungeon-crawler action RPG with Rogue-like elements where you can revive your defeated enemies to make them fight alongside you.
Turn your foes into allies using the forbidden powers of the Sword of the Necromancer and help Tama reach the dungeon's depths in order to gain enough power to bring Koko back from the dead.
Gather a little army of monsters, equip yourself with weapons and relics and level up to take on the guardians that stand between you and your objective.
- Turn your foes into allies: use the Sword of the Necromancer to revive defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Gather weapons and relics: each weapon is different from the others thanks to the procedural weapon generation system, which gives them various effects and attributes.
- Fight with all your might: defeat your enemies using a variety of weapons and objects and dominating the fluid head-to-head battle system.
- Level up: enhance your character by fighting enemies and upgrade your stats. Improve your summoned monsters by fighting alongside them.
- Death is not the end: Each try gets you closer to the Necromancer. You will lose all your equipped weapons and monsters, but you will retain half the level you achieved in your run.
- Learn the truth: Discover Tama and Koko's past as you advance through the dungeon.
- Local co-op play: Use the Flask of Homunculus to create a copy of the playable character and play with a friend in local co-op game.
"Legend says that, deep within these mountains, a heretic decided to violate the will of the gods in order to achieve eternal life.
The heretic succeeded in this aberrant attempt, and created a tool for forbidden rituals that could grant immortality… and even bring back the dead.
Over the years and centuries many have tried to get that power for themselves, but all they found in the Necromancer’s crypt was their demise.
They say that the tool the Necromancer created is also a weapon…
The Sword of the Necromancer”
Tama is a former rogue that is tasked to escort the priestess Koko in her pilgrimage around the continent. During their travel Koko dies, and Tama carries the corpse to the Necromancer's crypt, where legends say there dwells a power that may resurrect the dead.
Filled with despair, Tama will enter the dungeon with the aim of obtaining the forbidden power of necromancy, ignoring the dangers that lurk in the shadows.