An action-platformer with real punch
It's a ballsy developer that starts a game with a boss fight, but that's precisely what developer Drinkbox Games has done in Guacamelee! 2. The opening scrap is used as a clever device for recapping the climax of the original game, as well as serving as a catch-up for those of us who either didn't play or finish...
About The Game
Luchador Juan Aguacate is out of retirement for a stunning new Metroidvania-style adventure. Explore a huge, hand-crafted world inspired by Mexican culture and folklore, filled with sassy new villains and weirdos (and a few old friends!). Learn bone-crunching wrestling moves to fend off skeletal hordes and overcome skillful platforming challenges... and who said anything about a Chicken Illuminati? Certainly not us!
Check out these features:
- Drop-in 4-player local co-op for you and your best amigos!
- New upgrade system: discover “trainers” around the world to learn new skill sets for movement, combat, and more!
- All new areas. Explore from the Mangrove Swamp to Hell itself!
- Double the enemy types of the original, and a roster of eccentric new bosses!
- Electro-Mexican soundtrack, and more gorgeous visuals thanks to a fancy new rendering engine!
- Definitely no secret society of chickens that teaches you ancient chicken abilities!