Sorry, no Death's Gambit: Afterlife review yet.
Sorry, no Death's Gambit: Afterlife screenshots yet.
Part 5 of our list of hidden gems is our biggest yet
Back in September, we asked you lovely readers to tell us what hidden gems slipped through our fingers. You championed them, and our backlog (both personal and professional) is feeling even more daunting. We're not kidding when we say we had tons of nominations, and as a result, whittling down...
Fancy a trip to Coconut Mall?
We've needed a calm week here at Nintendo Life, and it sure seemed that way until the release of Wave 1 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass. If you're not a Mario Kart Tour fan, then this DLC is for you! Plus you can check out what
Nothing to do with taxes, though
Late last year publisher Serenity Forge confirmed that Death's Gambit: Afterlife would be getting a physical release on Switch; the good news is that it's out now, though the package has changed with a sticker sheet replacing an art book in the final offering. It should be available from retailers now, and the...
Another one for the collection
Death's Gambit: Afterlife arrived on the Switch eShop a couple of months ago, bringing the expanded version of the souls-like to eager Ninty gamers. If you like the look of it but really like building up your physical collection, though, you may want to hold fire. It's getting a rather nice physical edition in Q1...
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania! Astria Ascending! Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl!
The latest Nintendo Download update for North America has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch eShop -...
FIFA 22! Darksiders 3! Hot Wheels Unleashed!
The latest Nintendo Download update for Europe has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch Retail eShop - New Releases: Agatha Christie - Hercule...
The Souls-like gets new weapons, bosses and more
Launching next week on Switch is Death's Gambit: Afterlife, an expanded version of the original 2018 release that'll bring new content to Nintendo's platform. The game has you playing as Death's right hand as you explore the unforgiving surroundings of Siradon. You'll need to use a variety of weapons...
The promise of immortality lies at the heart of Siradon. As Death's right hand, challenge the undying guardians of the realm and endure the eternal struggle to purge their souls.
Death's Gambit: Afterlife is the new and expanded edition of the original hardcore 2D RPG action platformer. Master the precise combat, utilizing a wide variety of weapons and abilities to confront the horrors that lurk within Siradon. Explore a mysterious and unforgiving world and uncover the true price of immortality.
Afterlife offers players a wealth of new content to experience on top of the original game, including 10 new levels, over 30 weapons, 5 new bosses, mechanical overhauls, and more. Your choices will affect the epic finale to Sorun’s tale.
• Expansive World – Travel across a massive world of over 20 beautifully rendered levels. Meet quirky characters from all walks of life and uncover their secrets.
• Metroidvania – Unlock unique movement and combat upgrades that open and expand the world.
• Character Classes – Choose from 7 playable classes, pick from over 100 talents in the skill tree, and multi-class to tailor the combat style to your preference.
• Incredible Bosses – Hunt 20 towering monsters and other creatures of legend. Each boss is a test of skill, requiring unique strategies to defeat.
• Heroic Mode – Defeated bosses experience a second wind in an exponentially harder heroic mode accessible immediately after defeating them. Give yourself an all new challenge and master their new abilities.
• Non-Linear Exploration – Explore levels and bosses in a non-linear order, discover side areas with more secrets to unravel and enemies to purge.
• Character Customization – Outfit your character with over 30 weapons including bows, scythes, longswords, halberds and more. Customize how you wield them with a plethora of abilities and upgrades.
• Alternate Endings – Determine Sorun’s fate as you progress through the story by achieving certain goals and making key decisions along the way.
• Crafting – Scavenge, hunt and dismantle items you find throughout the world to create new and useful equipment for your struggle through Siradon.
• Evocative Score – Experience an intricately crafted score that sets the tone for Death's Gambit: Afterlife’s world with nearly 3 hours of evocative music composed by Kyle Hnedak.
• New Game Plus – Complete Afterlife to unlock New Game+ in brackets of three that allow you to set your own difficulty. Endure Sorun’s journey all over again with new enemy variants and modifiers unique to New Game+.