Everything could be awesome
Though the late '90s and early '00s saw a variety of Lego video games released across all genres, the launch of LEGO Star Wars kicked off a 30+ game run of co-op action platformers based around myriad popular IP that’s still going strong today. It’s a formula that’s worked well and evolved somewhat over the years,...
- More Details
Accessibility data by Family Gaming Database
Update: Crack open the update now
Update [Tue 21st Mar, 2023 16:30 GMT]: Thunderful Games has given us an early Easter surprise in LEGO Bricktales as the free Easter update is available to download now on Switch and all other consoles. Bringing a new story and plenty of new features (which you can check out in our original story below), this gives...
There's been a fair number of Switch ports this year alone. Some are surprising, others long-awaited and requested, but every time a game on another system makes its way onto Nintendo's hybrid console, there's always a bit of a debate that often leads to a discussion of the Switch 2, Switch Pro — whatever you want to call it. The...
We did it, everyone. We made it through the working week with only 306 Pokémon Scarlet and Violet news drops to write of - perhaps this is a slight over-exaggeration, but you get the picture. This week we were lucky enough to head behind the scenes at Ubisoft to get a look at Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope as the game nears release...
Mario + Rabbids, Bayonetta 3, Persona 5 and more!
September wasn't a bad month at all with games like Splatoon 3 and Return to Monkey Island, but October is shaping up to be even better. This month we've got a lot of heavy-hitters ranging from Switch versions of NieR:Automata and No Man's Sky to Persona 5 Royal. The Bayonetta
Indie-dev-turned-publishing powerhouse Thunderful has announced the release date for the next video game based around Denmark's most beloved export (well, bacon and the lovely Felix on our video team are pretty good, too). Lego Bricktales is launching on Switch — and all the other places you usually find your video games — on 12th...
Update: Now confirmed for Q4
Update [Tue 16th Aug, 2022 14:00 BST]: Just as we expected, Thunderful has today announced that LEGO Bricktales will indeed be coming to the Switch in Q4 2022. While we have no new information about the game itself just yet, we are pleased to know that this winter's brick-builder will gain a handheld home. Here's an...
In LEGO® Bricktales, discover an innovative brick-by-brick building mechanic to design puzzle solutions from your own imagination. See your creations brought to life in a beautiful LEGO world where every problem has a constructive resolution.
Embark on an epic adventure across a world of beautiful LEGO diorama biomes crafted brick by brick as you search for inspiration to help your grandfather reinvigorate his rundown amusement park with your little robot buddy in tow. Your journey will take you to the deepest jungle, sun-drenched deserts, a bustling city corner, a towering medieval castle, and tropical Caribbean islands. Help the minifigures of these worlds by solving puzzles and unlock new skills throughout the story to further explore these worlds and uncover the many secrets and mysteries they contain.
From purely aesthetic creations, such as a market stand or music box, up to functional physics-based puzzles like building a crane or gyrocopter - each diorama offers a variety of construction spots with the freedom of intuitive brick-by-brick building. In each spot you are given a set of bricks and it’s up to you to figure out a unique build that will work. On top of specific puzzles and quests, there are additional builds in the amusement park so you can customize the rides to make them your own!
Your grandfather, a genius inventor, has called you for help! His beloved amusement park is about to close as the mayor is threatening to shut everything down and seize the land if the necessary repairs aren’t made to bring it up to code. With the help of your powerful little robot buddy, you can restore it using a mysterious device based on alien technology.
As a source of power, the device needs happiness crystals, which you can harvest by making people happy and solving their problems. With the aid of a portal, travel to different locations all around the world to help people and collect their happiness crystals. Strap in for the ultimate building adventure and save your grandfather’s amusement park!
• A globetrotting LEGO adventure: Experience a whimsical and epic adventure around the world, packed with charming dialogue and fun secrets to unravel.
• Beautiful diorama worlds: Explore five varied story world biomes and the amusement park hub, all fully built out of LEGO bricks.
• Build like never before: Discover the most intuitive brick-by-brick building in a LEGO video game, as you see your creations come to life in a three-dimensional world.
• Test your skills with varied puzzles: Different types of puzzles will test your building skills. Use your engineering brain in functional physics-based puzzles to build a bridge for a digger to get across a river, put your designer hat on to build a stunning new throne for the King, or customize the rides in the amusement park.
• Master your builds in Sandbox Mode: Unlock the Sandbox Mode upon completing a construction spot, then you go back in and improve your build with a huge selection of additional bricks from different themes.
• Heaps of items to collect and unlock: Find collectables in the different dioramas and use them to buy cool new items for your wardrobe or new brick color sets for the sandbox mode.
• Build your unique character: Create your own minifigure character from a huge selection of parts and unlock more options inspired by the worlds you visit as you progress through the story.