Water, water everywhere so let's all have a drink!
Mario made his 3D platforming debut on the N64 way back in 1996 in one of the greatest and most influential pieces of gaming ever. Fast forward the clock six years and you'll find Nintendo's attempt to beat the near unbeatable in Mario's next adventure, but in order to top its predecessor a hefty...
Super Mario Sunshine Guides
As rated by you
The release of Super Mario 3D All-Stars had us debating at Nintendo Life Towers which of the Mario adventures in the third dimension is the absolute best. Team Nintendo Life has its own ideas about the best Super Mario games (including the 2D entries), but we recently asked for your opinions regarding the 3D entries specifically...
About The Game
Seeking well-deserved rest and relaxation, Mario and Princess Peach travel to a beautiful remote island.
It is said the local citizens are friendly and the weather forecast suggests year-round sunshine. However, when they get to the island, they quickly find out that the peaceful paradise has been polluted by a mysterious stranger. Worse still, the individual bears a striking resemblance to Mario! Determined to clear his reputation and clean up the island, Mario sets off on his greatest adventure yet.
- Discover the first Mario title for NINTENDO GAMECUBE, developed by a team under the supervision of Mario's celebrated creator Shigeru Miyamoto.
- Explore the game's colorful 3-D world, filled with expansive environments.
- Restore the power of Shine to keep the island clean.
- Wash away island mess to restore the community to its pristine condition using Mario's new water pump device.
- Perform a number of different jumps, bounce off walls, run, slide, climb, and fly to the highest reaches - more mobility than ever before.
- Bask in cheery graphics, real-time lighting effects and stunning reflections that bathe the island in sunshine.
- Visit Yoshi, Toad and a host of other friends as Mario encounters a collection of enemies bent on foiling his efforts to restore the island.