Is Fossil Fighters a worthy new IP or really just a prehistoric Pokemon?
Nintendo is constantly looking to expand their horizons when it comes to new IPs, and you'd have to think that was their intention when they brought Red Entertainment's newest title Fossil Fighters on board as a first-party release. The game takes fossil hunting and builds an...
A never-ending cycle
As 2018 winds down, Nintendo is still busy registering trademarks like there's no tomorrow. A week after the Japanese company secured smartphone-related trademarks for Kirby's Dream Land, Art Academy and
Far from extinct
Nintendo’s RPG dinosaur series Fossil Fighters looks to be making a return next year with a new game in the series slated for 3DS. According to Nintendo Everything, the 3DS version is said to feature improved visuals, a lowered camera perspective, and movement in third-person. Players will also be able to select from a male or...
Can you dig it?
Nintendo will launch their newest DS title today in North American with the release of Fossil Fighters. Not only do you get to search for and dig up tons of fossils, but you also get to clean them and revive them for use in battle. Your vivosaur's strength depends on how well you clean the fossil, not to mention how many of the...
Revive the vivosaurs and battle it out on DS!
Many of you have already seen this E3 trailer for Fossil Fighters, but we thought we'd go ahead and put it up for those who might have missed it. There's also a little bit of information taken from the official press release below to give you a better idea of what you can expect from this unique DS...
Finding, Cleaning, Collecting and Fighting Dinosaurs
Fossil Fighters blends the timeless human fascination with dinosaurs with the fun of building a collection. The game lets players build a collection of more than 100 fantastical dinosaurs known as “vivosaurs." This new game incorporates elements of discovery, tactics and strategy as players try to get the best vivosaurs on their teams to battle it out on the field.
- Players dig for fossils and use the touch screen of the Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi™ system to hammer, chip, drill and brush away the bits of rock around the fossil. When their efforts result in the buildup of dust, players blow into the Nintendo DS microphone to blow the dust away.
- The game rates players on how well they handle the fossils during the cleaning process. The more carefully and completely a player cleans a fossil, the more powerful the vivosaur will be in battle. Vivosaurs can also gain more power through battles.
- Players must collect various parts of each vivosaur. The head must be found first to bring a vivosaur to life while the body, arms and legs can be added to increase its power on the battlefield and imbue it with special powers.
- The game features an engrossing role-playing storyline and vast environments for players to explore.
- Players can connect wirelessly with friends to battle or trade their fossils.
Awaken an era! Are you ready? Coming Soon to DS and DSi, only from Nintendo.