- Number of Players
- Single Player
- Release Date
- 27th Mar 2011
- 25th Mar 2011
- The Sims
- Feature Support
- 3DS Camera, StreetPass
- Also Available On
- Wii, DS
My name is Hurl
Ever since David Crane and Richard Gold created Little Computer People for 8-bit computers in 1985, gamers have been fascinated with life simulation games, as demonstrated by the huge sales success of The Sims series. However, The Sims is also a series that has suffered from 'content filtering', as the PC experience has been watered...
About The Game
For the first time ever, enjoy a complete life simulation experience in 3D on handheld with The Sims™ 3 for the Nintendo 3DS™.
From the creators of the world’s most popular life simulator franchise*, The Sims 3 is now maximized for a fully 3D world.
Create Sims, the characters unique to The Sims franchise, with unique personalities, fulfill their desires and control their lives within a living neighborhood. Unlock new Karma Powers with Karma Points and unleash amazing effects on your Sims. As you guide your Sims through life, build relationships and experience different careers like Criminal, Athlete or Musician to unlock new items, outfits and various rewards. Share your Sims with other 3DS owners using the Nintendo StreetPass.
- First Complete Life Simulation from The Sims franchise on the Nintendo 3DS! Create any Sim you can imagine and control their lives. Control multiple Sims within your household and enjoy life’s special moments as you interact with their world.
- Build a Sim With Your Own Likeness! Use the 3DS camera to capture your own likeness and create yourself as a Sim. With the stylus, you can sculpt your Sims’ facial features, choose their hair styles and clothing and dictate their personalities.
- Trade your Sims with your friends! Through Nintendo StreetPass, trade your Sims with other 3DS owners!
- Travel to Different Zones with Your Sims! These zones will be unique destinations for your Sims and will contain community features and buildable lots for your Sims’ homes.
- Unlock all-new Karma Powers. Wield the ultimate control over your Sims by interacting directly with the 3DS handheld. Blow into the handheld to unleash tranquil butterflies on your Sims or shake to trigger an earthquake. It all depends on how many Karma Points you have!
Are these the real screenshots? because the graphics look the DS.
There will still be crappy shovelware on the 3DS too it seems.
I think it looks pretty good, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is crappy shovelware. I enjoyed Sims 3 on PC so will most likely buy this version too...
It looks on par with The Sims 2 on PC, which is not too shabby at all, and I'd expect it to look even better once we see it in action (and in 3D).
While I've lost interest in The Sims on PC, I'm definitely keen on grabbing both the DS and 3DS versions of The Sims 3.
Np says this actually looks like a good gmae. not shovelware crap.
DON'T BUY THIS GAME! EA gave total crap to the Wii version and advertised it to have Wi-Fi capabilities but instead they gave a game that is worth $#!t. They turn around and say oh let's put DLC feature on the 3DS version and give it Wi-fi. EA also dissed Nintendo for not giving much support to 3rd party companies. EA can just ................ off and screw other things up, just don't mess with Nintendo.
@Mrleelongi I hope you're wrong...I was really looking forward to buying Sims 3 at launch. Now I'm not so sure.....I love the series and wish EA would come out with at least a half - decent handheld verson for us SIMS lovers! Come on already, EA.
@shaiy The DS one is actually a quite good handheld version. I'm in the process of reviewing it right now. Hopefully the 3DS release will be an improvement upon that version - though it's hard to tell from the screen shots.
Im hoping this will be a lot like The Sims 2 for Xbox, then I would love it :3
Nope. It is crappy shovelware. Or at least this version of the game is.
Don't knock it before you try it ,i now got this game and its a pleasure to play.
Some kid got this with his 3DS XL bundle and I should've told him not to get this but t was too late.
I really like this game but I believe that the ds version was better and yes you can woo hoo but I'm not sure about children although when I woohooed once I heard the achievement sound so I might be pregnant but I am not sure.
I can't believe anybody would buy this game for a 3ds or any console. I love the 3ds but this kind of game only works well on a pc because of the size of this type of game. The pc allows it to be as big as possible and upgradable with new expansion packs and custom content (Something that consoles can't do).
I think the Sims 3 is a game that can only be enjoyable on the PC.
i love sims but where are electronic Arts EA Redwood Shores going to create sims 4 for nintendo-3ds
Tap here to load 16 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...