Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,534

Mieu-Fire

FonistofCruxis wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

haha just beat it love this game so much

WHAT?! How is that even possible? Its only been out in your region for just over a week. How much did you play each day?

um hours hours hours and hours i cant help it it was so addictive and i can beat games quick i beat tales of legendia in 3 days on my 2nd playthorugh of the game

What did you think of the ending? Which of the two final boss themes did you like more? As epic as The god slaying sword is, I preferred the one for the first two phases of the fight which I'm not saying the name of as that's a spoiler.

i dont know what theme i liked better both were epic and i really loved xenoblade its like one of my favorite games ever maybe even number 1

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

TysonOfTime

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

You don't have to do the sidequests if you don't want. I find them boring and pointless. And if that's "how the game works" then that's stupid. Your friend is about to die, but I'll go do some fetch quests in the meantime...no, I'm saving my friend first.

Well, I can walk by half the enemies in this game, doing side-quest adds time value and gives me a reason to go out of my way to kill things.
Also, thanks for taking my post seriously. I needed a laugh. Play the game however you want, but realize in a game like this, story isn't everything. If you never go out of your way, you miss out. But whatever.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Nintenbro

Thank you @TysonQ7! I finally found that little son of a... You don't know how many times I was right there, but I never noticed the damn exclaimation mark. Ha! Wow... I'm like you @TysonQ7, I want to complete as many sidequests as I possibly can. By the time I'm finished with Xenoblade Chronicles, I'm going to know this game from the inside-out.

I'm currently trying to complete, "Challenge 1," in Colony 9, and I'm unable to locate the Evil Rhangrot near Tephra Hill. Can somebody please inform me as to where it can be located? I really can't believe how many hours it has taken me to complete just 30 sidequests in Colony 9.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

TysonOfTime

G4L wrote:

Thank you @TysonQ7! I finally found that little son of a... You don't know how many times I was right there, but I never noticed the damn exclaimation mark. Ha! Wow... I'm like you @TysonQ7, I want to complete as many sidequests as I possibly can. By the time I'm finished with Xenoblade Chronicles, I'm going to know this game from the inside-out.

I'm currently trying to complete, "Challenge 1," in Colony 9, and I'm unable to locate the Evil Rhangrot near Tephra Hill. Can somebody please inform me as to where it can be located? I really can't believe how many hours it has taken me to complete just 30 sidequests in Colony 9.

Hmm...I believe he's the guy on a little cliff near some Bunnits on the way up to Tephra Cave. Some of these guys I just kill without even questioning my quest log, so I don't remember too many of them.

Nintenbro

I'll give that area a good scouring my friend, but I think I may have already. I love how many sidequests there are in this game. It's adds a lot of depth to the game, in my opinion. Plus, like you said @TysonQ7, it gives me a reason (chance) to kill some monsters on my travels. God knows I need to level up a lot more. lol

@SamuraiShyGuy, I guess we just have different playing styles. If I need to return to Colony 9 later in the game, the last thing I'm going to want to do is spend more time there staring at the same scenery all over again. I'd rather get the sidequests done and over with now.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

SKTTR

You can't do all the sidequests now.
As you make progress tons of new sidequests will be available in the early areas.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

TysonOfTime

SKTTR wrote:

As you make progress tons of new sidequests will be available in the early areas.

Punches SKTTR
Get outta here! No one wants to hear of you or your truth! Let us wallow in our ignorance!

warioswoods

I certainly don't obsess about sidequests... I just run through and speak to everyone so that my quest log is full, then go about exploring and fighting things for my own entertainment for a while, completing various quests along the way but rarely directly trying to complete this or that one. It just adds further justification for me to play around and try to various things, but as soon as I've seen the most of an area, I move on. I don't really care how many uncompleted quests are left.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

theblackdragon

eff me this game is freakin' huge! i think i spent a solid eight hours over the course of last night and this morning just running around picking up collectables and doing sidequests. I kept getting lost, Colony 9 is huge and gorgeous! I finally had to force myself to stop doing sidequests and advance the story ffs, though, so now i'm about to leave the Colony and head out into the rest of the world as we know it, lol (figures, i'd just gotten used to Colony 9's layout and now i have to leave) :3

that said, i mentioned this to someone else earlier, but the similarity of the quests to how WoW works confuses me because only some of them do you need to go back to the people who gave you the quest to pick up the reward, not all. It seems to mainly be the creature-killing quests that are automatic, but i damn near killed myself messing around with the time system, trying to see exactly when who came out where and blah-blah-blah only to finally locate one of the people i was looking for, and he didn't react at all when i talked to him. I'd completed two of his 'go kill these things to make our colony safer' quests and he wasn't interested in me at all, and then when i hit up the store i noticed i had more money than i'd had before, so i can only assume that i'd received the reward automatically. Maybe I've missed the cues (which is very likely, lol), but is there an easier way to tell whether or not you have to make the jump/trek back to where the quest-giver was in order to receive the reward?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Epona14

Um....theblackdragon how do you damage mechon in the colony 9 attack?

I live next door to the NL and PS member @ReanSchwarzer. :)
Avid collector of Cardcaptor Sakura Plushies!
Also a member of http://www.wiiwarewave.com/

Reala

Been a while since I played it but think some quests/events can't be activated until your rating in a specific area is of a high enough level.

Reala

Spoony_Tech

@theblackdragon If you hit - then look at your quest it will tell you that half of it is complete. There will be a check on the item you got and another box for the return to that person. I just started noticing that once you beat a monster from a quest it will say 1-2 or 3.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Nintenbro

You're correct @Reala. A majority of quests aren't available, until your affinity rating for an area reaches a certain amount of stars. As you complete the quests that are available, your affinity rating will increase. As your affinity rating increases, the villagers will trust you more and openly express more of their issues. I've completed 35 sidequests in Colony 9, and my affinity rating is still only 2 out of 5 stars. Sometimes villagers and soldiers without names will have sidequests for you too. I'm challenging myself to complete every sidequest in the game. Which is supposedly between 480-490 sidequests in total.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Mieu-Fire

xenoblade i had trouble with some bosses mostly um i dont wanna put spoiler so imma say second fight at the Ether Mines was the hardest to me he was a pain in the **** it took me a while to beat it -.- bad times well i cant wait for last story

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Shining-Void

I started playing it yesterday and i'm currently in Guar Plains. It's fun to explore and just stare at hte scenery. However this game is HARD, there are some extremely hard and high level monsters running around. ToS gave me a hard time too, so Xenoblade stopping my tracks frequently is a plus.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

Spoony_Tech

mieu-fire wrote:

xenoblade i had trouble with some bosses mostly um i dont wanna put spoiler so imma say second fight at the Ether Mines was the hardest to me he was a pain in the **** it took me a while to beat it -.- bad times well i cant wait for last story

LOL. Thts the same boss I faced today. He did get me once. Second time I barely survived. I just need to figure out that combo attack and ill be alright!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Nintenbro

@theblackdragon, you can see which period of time villagers are present, by looking at your affinity chart in your journal. Just higlight the specific villager you are looking for.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Mieu-Fire

@Golden-Darkness TOS was easy untill i fought undine on my first time playing this game (when i was a nooby) but now i can beat mania mode like its easy mode and yes xenoblade is hard but just grind some and its simple i grind alot TOS llyod was 125 on my 3rd time beating it

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Mieu-Fire

Tech101 wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

LOL. Thts the same boss I faced today. He did get me once. Second time I barely survived. I just need to figure out that combo attack and ill be alright!

it took me my 3rd try idk y usaly im beasty at jrpgs but xenoblade was a challenge thats why its one of my favorite games i cant wait for last story i hope its challenging

MANGO

Nintenbro

TysonQ7 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

Punches SKTTR
Get outta here! No one wants to hear of you or your truth! Let us wallow in our ignorance!

Yeah SKTTR! Don't you know ignorance is a bliss? Even if that is true, I'll still have less sidequests to complete when I return.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.