Forums

Topic: Worst Game That you bought on VC?

Posts 101 to 120 of 207

Kid_A

Sonic the Hedgehog for Master System. Horrible framerate problems and lack of a save feature ruin what would've been a somewhat decent game. Other than that I have no regrets.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Starkiller

Tony wrote:

I have close to a hundred VC games and I don't regret purchasing any of them.

You are one lucky man.

I regretted getting Metroid. It was too darn hard... no, frustrating. Every time I respawn, I start with 30 health and I have to kill 500 monsters to get my HP back to fight a boss. Then the boss kills me, and I have to start again.
To add to that, I later realised that Metroid comes with Metroid Prime, once I buy Fusion there will be no point in me having this game.

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

StarBoy91

I didn't like The Legend of Zelda 1 at all. Maybe it was because I was all too used to Zelda 3, which I loved so much. Sad, I know, but I could never find the second dungeon in the first game.

To each their own

Starkiller

StarBoy91 wrote:

I didn't like The Legend of Zelda 1 at all. Maybe it was because I was all too used to Zelda 3, which I loved so much. Sad, I know, but I could never find the second dungeon in the first game.

Lack of motivation, maybe? It's a big world, and if you didn't like the game, you'd just give up.

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

Pastry

ActRaiser, I've only played it twice but I can tell it isn't fun

Infernape1000

Mario Kart 64. 1000 Wii Points gone, and all I got was a 1 hour long, no fun playing, bad Kart simulator. But I really did like Mario Kart Wii and DS.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

The_Fox

The worst game I ever downloaded was Sin and Punishment. People here kept praising it yet it controls like crap and is boring as hell.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

cheetahman91

NES Open Tournament Golf. That game has left a bad taste in my mouth after experiencing some of the worst controls I've ever experienced. (Still not as bad as Action 52 controls though )

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

CanisWolfred

The+Fox wrote:

The worst game I ever downloaded was Sin and Punishment. People here kept praising it yet it controls like crap and is boring as hell.

I'll agree with you on the controls, but 'boring as hell'? Obviously somebody has yet to play hard mode.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bassman_Q

Kknight wrote:

Mama+Luigi wrote:

Secret of Mana, i don't know why i downloaded that game before looking at gameplay videos.

Ditto on Secret of Mana...I don't get what all the hype and praise is about.

Exactly. Way too overrated imo. Gameplay is quite boring, and insanely difficult if you're playing by yourself.

Some other bad games that are terrible are:

King's Knight- I thought it'll be like a fire emblem game, you know? Boy, was I WAY off! Shooters and mideival characters don't go well together. Period.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System)- Bad game!

Landstalker- Bad graphics, and boring gameplay. Plus, the platforming is just impossible!

Kirby Dreamland 3- Boring gameplay with little objective.

River City Ransom- Another boring game. You just keep mashing buttons and move along. Fighters ren't my type of genre, but this is just bland!

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

CanisWolfred

Secret of Mana was a pretty overhyped game. I still liked it, but even compared to Final Fantasy Adventures, it was simply...meh. I really did like the combat, though, once I got a better understanding of it. Hell, even the story was kinda cool when I realized it was a "you have to save everyone, despite the fact that they hate you" type a deal.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Qwikman wrote:

Kknight wrote:

Mama+Luigi wrote:

Secret of Mana, i don't know why i downloaded that game before looking at gameplay videos.

Ditto on Secret of Mana...I don't get what all the hype and praise is about.

Exactly. Way too overrated imo. Gameplay is quite boring, and insanely difficult if you're playing by yourself.

Some other bad games that are terrible are:

King's Knight- I thought it'll be like a fire emblem game, you know? Boy, was I WAY off! Shooters and mideival characters don't go well together. Period.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System)- Bad game!

Landstalker- Bad graphics, and boring gameplay. Plus, the platforming is just impossible!

Kirby Dreamland 3- Boring gameplay with little objective.

River City Ransom- Another boring game. You just keep mashing buttons and move along. Fighters ren't my type of genre, but this is just bland!

I thought King's Knight would be a strategy game, too, but I guess I was thinking of King's Field.

Medievel characters not working well in a shooter? Obviously somebody hasn't played Lords of Thunder. Best use of Medievel characters in a Non-RPG that I've ever seen, and the game itself is kick-@$$!

And yeah, platforming in the Isometric view is pretty much impossible, IMO. I thought Landstalker did it better than others, but it's still pretty fiddly.

I definitely have to agree with you about Kirby's Dreamland 3, that game is just plain boring. Actually, most Kirby games pretty boring, IMO.

As for River City Ransom, while I'll admit that the game is pretty boring, you are kinda playing the game wrong, and makimg it more boring for yourself. There are special moves that you can gain and weapons that you can pick up and use, including your fallen enemies(!); the levels do branch off, so just "moving on" isn't advisable. Still, despite this, you probably wouldn't like it that much(I know I didn't), but it's far from "bland".

And why is Sonic SMS a "bad game"? I wasn't gonna ask, but now I'm too curious.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Idk if I posted earlier, but my worst VC game is Kirby 64. Still good, but it's the worst of the bunch that I have.

Edited on by irken004

TheKingOfTown

mine is probably either virtua fighter 2, kid icarus, or SMB the lost levels.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

DarkEdi

Eternal Champions

it has a bad movility, bad menu and all is bad in it

i gave a chance because nintendo life gave it a 8 and i like a lot fighting games but to me is really bad, easily a 4 calification

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Lonnie2Hottie

I am really pleased with my VC selections however I'm not sure why I downloaded NES Open Tournament Golf. It's not horrible by any means, I just find it kinda boring.

Lonnie2Hottie

megaboomface2

hated secret of mana looks at title should of bought dkc2

[anomalous[i know spelled wrong] member] so feenie bet you never got lucky in chat
[feenie] ya
[tbd] green gabe
[feenie] yup i almost drowned in the shower afterwards

Timwario

Mystical ninja: I really couldn't get into it, it's bland
Metroid: It hasn't aged very well
sin&punishment: since this got so much praise, I thought it would be good. I was wrong. I actually bought this by accident.
sonic 3d blast: I liked it til I got a game over
Majora's mask: It doesn't compare to the OoT, and putting a time limit on the entire game is unfair!
now this will stir up alot of hate.

EDIT: I forgot SMRPG, That game is one of the most overrated games in history.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.