Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 926

bboy2970

yoyogamer wrote:

I don't like first person shooters. Still, Metroid Prime Trilogy looks like a good deal for $50. Does the game have enough elements from the original games that I would still enjoy it?

I'm not extremely well versed in 2D Metroids but the Prime games definitely have the same feeling of kind of being alone in a mysterious zone. They also still put emphasis on exploring and finding things like the older games. However, it is still a FPS at heart so if you aren't a fan of that perspective of gaming, it probably isn't for you. Although, its not really an FPS like Halo is. There are times when you might not shoot at all and just be figuring out how to do something. The puzzle solving and exploring are definitely a big part. I would get it if I were you just on the value alone although, I sincerely wish you luck finding this game for 50 dollars.....

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Is Epic Mickey entirely based on the classic Disney era?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

kcspurs

hi do the controlls on games such as goldeneye and black ops work aswell as they do for resident evil 4

kcspurs

sonicfanatic

hi guys i am new here and i have been a wii owner since christmas of 2008 and i have quite a steady rate of games i currently have over 40 games and i am wondering what my next purchase should be i have a list of 8 games i am currently wanting that i do not own atm which one is the best pick

mario kart wii
mario party 8
mario sports mix

pacman party
pokemon battle revolution
metroid other m
pokepark wii pikachus adventure
mario and sonic at the winter olympic games
which 1 is the best pick i need to know fast my next wii purchase will be in march 2011

WII GAMER FOR LIFE
FAVORITE GAME EPIC MICKEY

Birdman

Out of your list, I'd get Mario Kart Wii as that's probably the best one on your list. Stay away from PBR though. The only good thing about PBR is the Pokémon/items you can get and transfer to the DS games. That one should be a rental at best.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Splat

sonicfanatic wrote:

hi guys i am new here and i have been a wii owner since christmas of 2008 and i have quite a steady rate of games i currently have over 40 games and i am wondering what my next purchase should be i have a list of 8 games i am currently wanting that i do not own atm which one is the best pick

mario kart wii
mario party 8
mario sports mix

pacman party
pokemon battle revolution
metroid other m
pokepark wii pikachus adventure
mario and sonic at the winter olympic games
which 1 is the best pick i need to know fast my next wii purchase will be in march 2011

Mario Kart Wii there is a good amount of stuff to unlock while playing solo and then there is online play.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

sonicfanatic

thank you guys for the help i have been wanting mario kart wii for a long time now this game doesnt require the use of a wii wheel does it cause i do not own one of them

WII GAMER FOR LIFE

Splat

sonicfanatic wrote:

thank you guys for the help i have been wanting mario kart wii for a long time now this game doesnt require the use of a wii wheel does it cause i do not own one of them

No not at all.

You can play with the nunchuck and wii mote, classic controller or the game cube controller. (I prefer the nunchuck and wii mote)

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Punny

Splat wrote:

sonicfanatic wrote:

No not at all.

You can play with the nunchuck and wii mote, classic controller or the game cube controller. (I prefer the nunchuck and wii mote)

The game does come with a Wii Wheel, in case you didn't already know, so you don't need to worry about not having one. But like Splat said, you don't need one to play Mario Kart Wii.

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

sonicfanatic

nope i did not know that but thanks for the info mario kart wii will definitely be my 1st choice but iif mario kart wii is not available to buy athen which game would be a good secondary choice i have delisted pbr like you said so do you consider that one

WII GAMER FOR LIFE

bboy2970

Hey, can anyone recommend Madworld to me? I've got a little extra cash and the game is dirt cheap and got some pretty solid reviews. I'm mainly asking about this because I want to know if the game is kind of difficult or more of an easy affair that won't tax my brain or skill too hard. I'm more in the market for a well-polished, different, mindless, violent game to liesurely play. Can anyone recommend Madworld as fitting those guidlines?

irken004

bboy2970 wrote:

Hey, can anyone recommend Madworld to me? I've got a little extra cash and the game is dirt cheap and got some pretty solid reviews. I'm mainly asking about this because I want to know if the game is kind of difficult or more of an easy affair that won't tax my brain or skill too hard. I'm more in the market for a well-polished, different, mindless, violent game to liesurely play. Can anyone recommend Madworld as fitting those guidlines?

Get it. I paid full price for it and thought it was pretty good. Now that it's so cheap, I recommend it even more!

brooks83

Once again, Cursed Mountain.

Also, I am having fun with Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero. I'm about halfway through I think and so far I think it's the best classic (pre RE4) game in the series since RE2.

brooks83

bboy2970

@irken: Really? How would you say the difficulty is. On normal, is it fairly easy and mindless without being boring and repetitive?

Lotice-Paladin

If you were annoyed at Other M for whatever reason, why don't you try Muramasa: The Demon Blade instead? It's in beautiful 2-D and it acts like a MetroidVania.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

kkslider5552000

Starlight wrote:

If you were annoyed at Other M for whatever reason, why don't you try Muramasa: The Demon Blade instead? It's in beautiful 2-D and it acts like a MetroidVania.

I disagree, annoyance at another game shouldn't be needed as an excuse to play this awesome game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

default12345

Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Beautiful.

default12345

default12345

Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm 10 stars into it and wow .. it's just beautiful!

default12345

LordJumpMad

So.....
I found Metroid:Other M for $25 bucks
Should I get it, or should I stay away from this game.....

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Gamesake

I got Other M for $30 back when it was new and haven't played it since I beat it. I probably should have rented it. But if I were to buy it now, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it. I've seen it that low thrice on Amazon.

...in my pants.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic