Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 926

HolyMackerel

Here is a full list of available WiiWare games. Just click the game's name that you're interested in to find out its price (it's on the right of the game's page).

As for which games on your list I'd recommend...

• Wii Sports Resort is good but it's only good if you have others to play it with. Unfortunately it's bundled with all Wii consoles now and I missed out on that deal by just a few months. You'll also need Wii Motion Plus to play it, so that can be quite a lot of money if you don't already have Wii Remote Pluses or Motion Plus extensions.
  • Sonic 4: Episode 1 is good but I'm not sure it's worth the price unless you're a 16-bit Sonic fan. It's definitely nostalgic for me and the later levels were great.
  • Cave Story is excellent and you should definitely pick it up. I prefer the WiiWare version for its upgraded graphics and audio but the DSiWare version is perfectly fine too. If you're unsure if you'd like it, you can play the entire game for free on the PC.
  • Get Machinarium on the PC. It's been on sale numerous times for really low prices. I believe it doesn't require a powerful gaming PC to run either.
  • And Yet It Moves is another game I got for the PC at a discount. Great game. If you prefer motion controls though, you should go with the WiiWare version but the price will be higher.

Oh and Super Meat Boy's WiiWare release has been cancelled. I'd recommend getting it on XBLA or Steam. It's a great game.

HolyMackerel

melvin2898

Ok cool we got some talking going.
Yeah it's been two years but I still want Wii Sports Resort. This is what I'm talking about. I should already have it! But then again Nintendo games never go on sale and pretty much make it hard for 3rd party games to sale.
Sonic 4: Episode 1 I gotta get Sonic Classic Collection first. I've played a Sonic game online and I really liked it.
I'll try to get Cave Story on Wiiware and DSiware but the demo is pretty hard. It starts over after one death.
Machinarium is better on PC also. The Wii controls might mess it up. I played the demo.
Max and the Magic Marker is better on PC. I played the demo. Much better on PC. I already have the Wii version so whatever.
And Yet It Moves seems got either way.
Super Meat Boy might come on the Wii disc right? Steam is where you buy PC games correct?
I don't own an Xbox.

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter:

melvin2898

Any thoughts on Bubble Bobble Plus? Chichk chick boom Lostwinds? Mr. driller w? My Pokemon ranch? Onslaught? Zombie panic in wonderland?

Twitter:

Tasuki

melvin2898 wrote:

Super Meat Boy might come on the Wii disc right? Steam is where you buy PC games correct?
I don't own an Xbox.

I have read somewhere that the Wiiware Super Meat Boy was canceled due to challenges in meeting the filesize limitations. The company did explore the idea of a disc release of the game but due to the amount of money and effort it would take to put it onto disc the company said that it probably wont happen.

In other words XBLA or PC for now are your only choices.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

razor10000

melvin2898 wrote:

Any thoughts on Bubble Bobble Plus? Chichk chick boom Lostwinds? Mr. driller w? My Pokemon ranch? Onslaught? Zombie panic in wonderland?

I want Onslaught. It's a first person shooter right?

I'll kill you all with my CAP GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoldenEye 007: 2801-9617-6853

melvin2898

razor10000 wrote:

melvin2898 wrote:

I want Onslaught. It's a first person shooter right?

I think so.

Twitter:

melvin2898

Have you seen any of the Wii games I listed on page 13 of this topic for sale?

Twitter:

Rob_mc_1

melvin2898 wrote:

Have you seen any of the Wii games I listed on page 13 of this topic for sale?

Amazon has a few of those on sale.

Both Kirby Epic Yarn and Wii Sports Resort are under $40. Although to be honest you are better off looking for sales on your own as each market has different sales. There are even large differences between Canada and the United States. A good example of this is Elite Beat Agents which in Canada it goes for $24.99 used at Gamestop meanwhile in the US it goes for $3.99 used at gamestop.

References
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_i...
http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=208017

Whats normal for your area is up to you to determine since prices change even within a single market and from retail outlet to retail outlet. For myself I tend to keep an eye online for retailers that keep their local inventory online (like bestbuy/futureshop/Walmart) and look through the discount bins for used games (like Blockbuster) and check out the electronics dept. at the retailers I visit. There are also sites like http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/ that treat it like the stock market.

We might be able to point out major sales now and then like the target sales or the steam sales threads but the majority is still up to you to find on your own.

Edited on by Rob_mc_1

♠♦♣

Kid_A

I would hereby like to recommend MadWorld to all Wii owners 17 and over. It is wonderful.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

A-SWE

Kid_A wrote:

I would hereby like to recommend MadWorld to all Wii owners 17 and over. It is wonderful.

actually, I would not say to all since its very violent and disturbing. So I dont think everyone would enjoy it

[url=http://backloggery.com/mrb][/url]

KCKowalchuk

Heh guys! Looking for a good Wii game and here are my options:
-Super Mario Galaxy 2
-GoldenEye 007
-Call of Duty: Blackopps
I was a big fan of the first Super Mario Galaxy and online multi-player on the other games sounds appealing.
What do you think?

KCKowalchuk

bboy2970

@KC: Well I can't really speak to the benefits of 007 or COD as I own neither but Galaxy 2 was an absolutely fantastic game. It really takes the formula of an already fantastic game and somehow improves on it. The best way I can describe why Galaxy 2 is so great is that literally every one of the 120 stars introduces something new. It really is amazing that the team had so many good ideas and doesn't sit on any one idea for very long before they are on to the next. It really is an absolute joy to play the whole way through. Not to mention the additional 120 green stars to collect if you obtain the initial 120 gold stars. Its just such a great game that every single Wii owner should absolutely own. That's not to say the others aren't good but Galaxy 2 is really a once in a generation kind of game.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

KCKowalchuk

That explains the 10 out of 10 rating on gamespot. Though I was leaning more on the other two to deal with the fact I don't have a 360 and those 2 games are online. On gamespot, GoldenEye got 8.5 and BlackOps got 9. (And editors choice award)

Edited on by KCKowalchuk

KCKowalchuk

kkslider5552000

KCKowalchuk wrote:

That explains the 10 out of 10 rating on IGN.

implying IGN ratings make sense

Goldeneye is great for one reason. Awesome gameplay. Limited online like usual for Wii and not too many online maps. Ok at best single player but just that awesome gameplay with awesome game modes online makes the game worth it. The controls also remind me that I need to play more Wii FPSs so I can remember why I like the genre. Plus it has elements of Call of Duty but lacks the terrible stupidity from the recent games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kid_A

KCKowalchuk wrote:

That explains the 10 out of 10 rating on IGN. Though I was leaning more on the other two to deal with the fact I don't have a 360 and those 2 games are online. On IGN, GoldenEye got 8.5 and BlackOps got 9. (And editors choice award)

You sir, are mistaken. On IGN Goldeneye got a 9, and the Wii version of BlackOps got a 7.5
And really, Mario Galaxy 2 truly is a once-in-a-generation kind of game. Just throwing that out there

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

kkslider5552000

How is a current gen sequel to a current gen game that is almost universally considered to be about the same quality "once-in-a-generation kind of game"?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

KCKowalchuk

Gamespot, not IGN. My bad

KCKowalchuk

yoyogamer

I don't like first person shooters. Still, Metroid Prime Trilogy looks like a good deal for $50. Does the game have enough elements from the original games that I would still enjoy it?

This is a signature.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic