Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,082

Gamesake

I don't know which in the series is best. I only have Wonder Boy in Monster World and Monster World IV. It wouldn't have bothered me to start with IV. Too easy? Yeah I could see that. It's certainly not going to give you the challenge of Ecco or La~Mulana, but some puzzles had me stumped for a bit and I had trouble at the fire boss because I decided not to buy the first sword upgrade I found (that was a mistake). It's a great ride while it lasts (about twelve hours) but once it's over that's it. Very little replay value. I'd say it was worth it but you might want a lengthier game.

...in my pants.

ThePirateCaptain

Do you all think that it would be worth getting Yoshi's Island on the VC even if iv'e played it to death on the GBA version and now have it as an ambassador title as well?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Brando67854321

CapnPancakez wrote:

Do you all think that it would be worth getting Yoshi's Island on the VC even if iv'e played it to death on the GBA version and now have it as an ambassador title as well?

are you referring to the wii vc? because it's not on there because of emulation of that crappy fx chip sadly.

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

DarkEdi

You can get Monster World IV (i love it), Castlevania III and Rondo of Blood (both are excellent), Ristar, Shining Force, Lords of Thunder and Y´s.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Xyphon22

Is the Ys Book 1&2 on VC the same as the Legacy of Ys 1&2 on DS?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

CanisWolfred

Xyphon22 wrote:

Is the Ys Book 1&2 on VC the same as the Legacy of Ys 1&2 on DS?

Legacy of Ys has updated graphics, "updated" sound, redone cutscenes, possibly a better translation (not that it matters, the story is Zelda-level IIRC), and some added multiplayer.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DarkEdi

Y´s from DS is a remake of Y´s of Turbografx. Both are great, but i preffer the remake by the graphics.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

RainbowCrasher

Heyy. So I was wondering, what should I get. I really want majoras mask, alttp, super metroid, but are there other brilliant games like these, esp. on the mega drive and snes (N64 no no apart from MM, Nes too difficult) So what do i get

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Gamesake

@RainbowCrasher There are Mega Drive games similar to ALttP and Super Metroid. Beyond Oasis and Monster World IV. But I'd choose A Link to the Past first and foremost.

...in my pants.

DarkEdi

Don´t forget Neutopia I and II are like Zelda games.

RainbowCrasher

with 3000 points (might have 100 left) what do i get

CanisWolfred

Moster World IV - 900 Points
A Link To The Past - 800 Points
Super Metroid - 800 Points

If you do have 100 left over, that'll leave you with 600. You could look for a TG-16 game. Or, you know, save it for next time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RainbowCrasher

@Jon_Talbain I might get Majoras mask instead of Monster world. So, any good nes games?

RainbowCrasher

Jon_Talbain wrote:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

@Jon_Talbain I might get Majoras mask instead of Monster world. So, any good nes games?

You specifically said no NES games.

Lol, anything good for 500 points thats not unfair??

CanisWolfred

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Jon_Talbain wrote:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

You specifically said no NES games.

Lol, anything good for 500 points thats not unfair??

Tough one. Mega Man 2 and Castlevania are very fair games, but that doesn't change the fact that they're hard as rock. Even two of my favorite games, Blaster Master and StarTropics, can be incredibly cheap at times. There's always Kirby's Adventure, though, which is pretty easy, but I think all Kirby games have their cheap moments just to remind you that you can die. Super Mario Bros. is a safe bet I guess. It's rarely cheap, and only moderately difficult. I made it to world 6 normally before I hit a rough spot (don't hesitate on the rope platforms!) and I suck at platformers.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SparkOfSpirit

Super Mario Bros. 3 is probably your best bet as it is in my opinion the very best game on the NES.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

RainbowCrasher

@KraiserGX Send me your friend code (ill send mine) and that is a deal, though why not just press x instead of ><
@Spark_Of_Spirit I already have it WAY too hard

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic