Forums

Topic: The end all, be all, super-ultra Cave Story mega thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 254

jbrodack

really. Theres this thing called suspending ones disbelief and solidly made entertainment is able to make that easy to do. If you've been playing hours getting immersed in this fictional world and then there are typos everywhere you know thats not what these people are supposed to say and you think about the people who should have fixed it. I think that would take you out of the game. I see the kind of response you were going for there but that just doesn't apply here.

All the fantasy stuff belongs in the cave story world and immerses you in it. Typos and glitches don't belong and thus you lose all immersion. Simple concept really

wii code: 2630-2655-0027-8482
onslaught friend code: 1977-7779-8949
bomberman blast: 1634 2282 0930

romulux

after hours of trying i beat hell and finished the hard ending, and i was expecting my poor classic controller to be bent in half when i looked down. i don't know if i've ever played anything that hard in any other video game, but man is it rewarding when you finally beat it. i agree with those who say that it shouldn't be available right from the start; maybe once you find the timer on the outer wall they could unlock it, but not right from the start. i don't think any new players would have a snowball's chance of making it through the first room anyway...

aside from the music glitches i've also been problem-free. there was never a single freeze for me, which makes me wonder why it hits some people and not others. is it the weapons you choose, your use of the map, music/graphics combination or what? i hope nicalis gets on it and offers an update, partly so that new players can enjoy it without frustration and partly because i want an excuse to play it again.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kid_A

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

jbrodack wrote:

I hope they release a patch for cave story. I know its a great game but the 1200 points combined with the bugs and issues with translation people have made me a bit more hesitant to buy this.

The bugs are virtually unnoticeable, and they don't affect the gameplay or enjoyment at all.

To be honest, the game locked up on me literally seven or eight times while going through a door (the same door every time) before it finally let me progress...and it didn't just hang the game, it froze my entire system and each time I had to hard reboot. I'd be lying if I said that didn't affect my enjoyment.

A friend of mine had the problem three or four times before he could get through, another friend swears that he gets the crash EVERY time...and Corbie and others say it didn't happen to them at all.

So yeah, it looks like individual experiences vary, but I definitely do feel it's a bug that needs to be patched. It's not an easily avoidable one like bombing the transition beats in Bit Trip Core...this is a door that you need to progress through to see the final third of the game.

That's a really effing weird glitch. I haven't encountered anything like that at all. Well, if people start saying something about it I'm sure Nicalis will try to get a patch in. They really want this thing to be perfect.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

Odnetnin wrote:

Fitting that the best game ever gets one of the most well-written reviews ever. Nice one, Kid_A.

This comment made my day
Thanks, man

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Digiki

I like the Destructoid review.

(I can't recall if the review used explicet language, but most articles do...)

itsmeyouidiot

I heard that there's going to be a patch that fixes some of the bugs in the game, but so far I haven't found the source of this news. Is there anywhere I can find it?

itsmeyouidiot

mnementh

I still can't believe it - Cave Story is the first Wii's "Universal acclaim" in metacritic since forever... the first I've seen since I started following it. I was hoping for RS2, Metroid, SMG2 or Epic Mickey to land 90+ and there comes Cave Story... awesome.

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

zane

Thanx for the spoiler alert

Edited on by zane

Old Nintendofan from up north...

nintendonerd0011

I finally got to Ballos last night, but man is that level hard.
Is there any strategy on the falling rocks section? I seem to get hit quite a few times on that part, and usually only have around 30-35 health by the time I fall to the next section.

nintendonerd0011

GeminiSaint

Grab the 2 hearts at the beginning of the 3rd section then go back to the previous room and return. The 2 hearts will respawn. Repeat until your energy is full.

GeminiSaint

nintendonerd0011

GeminiSaint wrote:

Grab the 2 hearts at the beginning of the 3rd section then go back to the previous room and return. The 2 hearts will respawn. Repeat until your energy is full.

Dang, thanks a lot man!

nintendonerd0011

nintendonerd0011

Just wanted to say that I finally beat this game tonight. I was able to get to Ballos with 55 health and my life pot, so I figured I'd get him sooner or later. I actually only had a hard time on the first form when he shoots down lightning. The other forms were pretty easy really.

This was one of the best games I have ever played! I really hope someone makes a sequel with new guns/story, but the same gameplay.

nintendonerd0011

longtimegamer

I wonder who won the Cavestory competition. I haven't seen it announced yet.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Popyman

^ I would like to know too...I thought it ended today?

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Scryble

Has anyone else tried to pick up the first dog in Sand Zone after beating Omega and collecting the later four? It may be a glitch, but I can't pick up that first dog after my run around the Sand Zone first.

It may have been mentioned earlier in the forums, but I'm not up for lurking right now. Thank for any help.

Scryble

Scryble

@ Link-Hero

Thanks for the help! I've beat the game twice already, but I guess I missed that step in my Wiiware playthrough.

Scryble

Crunchewy

romulux wrote:

itsmeyouidiot wrote:

I heard that there's going to be a patch that fixes some of the bugs in the game, but so far I haven't found the source of this news. Is there anywhere I can find it?

it hasn't been officially stated yet, but it was brought up by the new composer on his blog: http://tinycartridge.com/post/469336063/cave-story-wiiwares-j...

Alas, that only mentions it being fixed for Europe. I hope they don't leave out the US.

Crunchewy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.