Forums

Topic: The Conduit 2 Details Revealed

Posts 221 to 240 of 372

HeroOfTime007

Did you really find out just now? I'm pretty sure either someone here has said it or another article or video posted here said that. Well whatever. Heres a new video link. It shows a more final build which looks a lot better and a new character.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bY...

Edited on by HeroOfTime007

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

BulbasaurusRex

HeroOfTime007 wrote:

Heres a new video link. It shows a more final build which looks a lot better and a new character.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bY...

Finally, they've shown us what the new female ally (apparantly named Andromeda) looks like. (I like Ford's comment when he first sees her.) We've heard way too little about her with the game only a month and a half away from release.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

romulux

here are some more videos of the siberia level. i've got to say, i'm impressed with how far they've traveled from the first game: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=151919
the guy promises you won't see repeating corridors in this game. the deatomizer also looks much cooler, i never realized it was based off of a vector/strata/whatever other video games call it.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Leonzable

Dr churro got to play the game early and make some videos of him playing it, there's 11 parts but I'll just post what I think's good:
[youtube:RX8AMyfoRuo&feature=player_embedded#at=48]
[youtube:iMjiwVEXcmM&feature=player_embedded]
[youtube:7svUu9yocJ4&feature=player_embedded#at=51]
[youtube:0jFkPDVMNbY&feature=player_embedded]
Yeah watch the rest if you want to

Edited on by Leonzable

"WE ARE THE FATHERZZZZZZZZZZZZZ JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA"
-some random guy online

retired_account

This is lookin' really fun. Might pick this up after all... I was thinking about waiting for a price drop, but it'd be nice to have something to play when my bro's hoggin' the 3DS... ;3

retired_account

HeroOfTime007

romulux wrote:

new video: http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/16/conduit-2-global-trailer...
precipice is a really cool looking level, but that rainforest looks like crap next to goldeneye's jungle level.

What? Not enough heavy and crappy HDR, gaussian blur, unrealistic walls of fog, and unrealistic linear hallways hmm? Is this as good as Goldeneye?
Untitled

At least the boss at the end won't be a cut-scene.

romulux

i don't care about the technical side of it, goldeneye's jungle just looks aesthetically better to me. from what i've seen conduit's rainforest doesn't look bad but it is pretty bland in comparison (not nearly as colorful or bright, very similar dull color palette to the first game).

HeroOfTime007

Technical side of what? The bad HDR, blur, and fog make it look like a dark mess, especially in online. I never got to play in Conduit 2's jungle, but even from the screens and other footage you can tell it's more colorful then Goldeneye Wii, and it doesnt need to use high bloom.
Untitled
The only way this could be worse is if there was a brown color filter.
Homeland still looks better then most of Goldeneye Wii.

And to say The first Conduit had a dull color pallet. You did not play that game. Or does it make you feel important when you lie?

romulux

haha, we're on different pages about what looks good i guess. that goldeneye shot looks great to me, i don't see what's so bad about the lighting and haze effects nor do i think it's a bad thing that they use bloom, compared to twilight princess and metroid corruption it's very tastefully applied. i'll agree that it was way too linear, but that's hardly a complaint you couldn't throw at the conduit too.

i don't want to argue about technical stuff but since you bring it up, look at the right side of that conduit shot you posted... don't you think those textures and plants are a mess? the game isn't done yet so it may look better in the final form, but i'm seeing a lot (just in that photo at least) that reminds me of the original game's emphasis on impressive gun and character models but total lack of effort in the environments... only that gun model isn't even too great. must be from an earlier build. and if you're going to tell me the first conduit wasn't dull looking, get your eyes checked please. i think i'm allergic to beige after playing that game.

Edited on by romulux

retired_account

Conduit 2's jungle looks like things that I could get banned for saying. GoldenEye's doesn't look that bad, lol.

retired_account

EliPro

It amazes me how high voltage software manages to cram so much content, but have such impressive visuals even with the Wii's limited memory.

Wii FC:5954-2958-4632-5792
GE007:00555-9505-006
Brawl:1634-0151-9007
3DS:3609-1031-8007
Steam:WindSquid
Xbox Live GT:windsquid887
Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

Leonzable

I just realised conduit 2 had an article in this months ONM

"WE ARE THE FATHERZZZZZZZZZZZZZ JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA"
-some random guy online

romulux

here's the balloon battle mode, looks pretty fun. the new pentagon map is there too:
[youtube:k5KUW61xWBU]

Edited on by romulux

BulbasaurusRex

Nintendo Power gives the game a 7.5, only complaining that the single-player mode isn't as consistently "great" as it should be and that the set pieces aren't as "thrilling" as in other Wii FPSes like Goldeneye.

That's an NP review, all right.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Pew

Anyone getting it today?

Hehehehe.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.