Forums

Topic: Morgan Webb bashes Super Mario Galaxy 2 for being "cartoony".

Posts 101 to 120 of 132

warioswoods

I'd happily trade Epona for a bike and a Segway.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

MetalMario

I rather my games look like SMG 2 then something that looks real, anyway.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Oregano

@The Fox: It's cool then, it really seemed like you were calling me a fanboy. I was saying from my experience she seems anti-Wii but I haven't heard/seen that much of her opinion which is also why I mentioned Move and Natal, I didn't know whether she was bashing motion controls or just the Wii.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Adam

warioswoods wrote:

I'd happily trade Epona for a bike and a Segway.

I have no idea what the context was for this quote, but I agree.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

@Oregano.... actually Morgan Webb praised the original Galaxy for months, as well as Adam. They gave it game of the year if Im not mistaken as well. I remember her claiming then that Galaxy was one of the best games of all time.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

warioswoods

weirdadam wrote:

I think we're talking about why the next Zelda should be set on Wuhu Island.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

Are there Segways on Wuhu Island? Man, Micawber would be so disappointed in me for not knowing that.

Slapshot, that's very odd if she said that and doesn't like cartoony games. I guess she meant not the graphical style but the attitude (the purple Luma, namely, and his dumb, bubbly, non-sense voice; in contrast with the more restrained and realistic-ish Rosalina)... pretty poorly worded either way, but then again I doubt she expected to have her every word completely removed of context and hypercriticized.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Oregano

slapshot82 wrote:

@Oregano.... actually Morgan Webb praised the original Galaxy for months, as well as Adam. They gave it game of the year if Im not mistaken as well. I remember her claiming then that Galaxy was one of the best games of all time.

I thought she criticised for the same reasons as she's criticising this one, that's where the R&C comparison came from I think... I think she mentioned that R&C was more mature. I may be incorrect though.

Adam does love the games though, he's been raving about it.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Monix2598

Morgan Webb is a B****. I am not Surprised she would bring up something stupid like that in a review. That's something she always does.

Monix2598

the_shpydar

Morgan seems to know her s**t when it comes to games. She's always shown a preference for RPGs, MMOs and "teh hardcorz" games, so it's not a surprise. She's also tended to be dismissive of Wii games generally, but that's hardly unusual in the current game-journalism culture.

She's also wicked hot (brunettes FTW), not that it has anything to do with games. But i sure do love looking at her even when she's spouting stuff i totally disagree with. Hmm, like lots of girls i know ;D

SAMMICH!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

MrPanic

Who takes her seriously anyway...

"Time flies when you throw your watch in the sky."
3DS: 0946-2616-2379

TwilightV

I'll bet she said it because one of the higher ups told her too. It doesn't make sense to praise a game and then criticise it's vastly superior sequel. :/

TwilightV

pikku

MetalMario wrote:

I rather my games look like SMG 2 then something that looks real, anyway.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

SepticLemon

LOL, stuff like this makes me chuckle as we witness the taste of gamers go down the pan.

Mario is too Cartoony? Dear Madam Webb, care to take a look at the other Mario titles? Either you've forgotten or played way.... too much gramer games like Red Dead Redemption and GTA to even notice that Video games are TOYS...

geez... I'm slowly becoming a hater of Video game marketing all together... be it review sites and TV shows, stuff like this just shows how petty some people in the media can get. Lets take a look at Kotaku for example, I still see another sensationalist blog entry on there of some Kotaku staff whining about how the Wii sucks because of the usual crap that haters use that's old hat and boring, yet in the droves, a bunch of idiots will follow these haters and believing them big time and recreating a modern day "Genesis does what Nintendon't". Ok, ok, I know that PS3 and 360 does what Nintendon't, I've know that for 5 years, and I don't care... You know what Ninten-"Does", Profit and sales, the most important aspect of EVERY business. Even if it means there's shovel-ware up the arse and back, Nintendo's winning because they know how to do it. Microsoft has their consoles fail on them, causing them to lose a billion dollars, whilst Sony got lost and ignored until people took the PS3 seriously.

People in the media, podcasts, forums and what ever internet related thing you can find will bash the Wii for whatever. What they're blind is, the more they bash, the more they fail to actually see the good stuff on the Wii. Saying that, these people will simply miss out on all the good stuff that's on the system. Sure what they see is the drivel that game stores try to push because they make margin, but we know the good games, because we know were to look for, and where to get it. And if there's some silly woman on TV that dislikes Mario Galaxy 2 because it's cartoony? One she's missing the point, and she's missing out and what can be described as the best Wii game to date.

In hindsight, if you miss out on a console, for either financial or personal reasons, you miss out. That's why I try to keep up with games in general. Now I know that not everyone can pull this off like I can, and even when I write this down, I'm missing out on Red Dead Redemption, a game I couldn't care less about because it's not the kind of game that I play, but for all I care it could be a gold mine of entertainment.

In conclusion, do everything in your power to embrace everything that's to do with gaming!

Amen! lol

SepticLemon

Twitter:

Cia

Webb's face is too cartoony for my tastes

Cia

Kid_A

It's because Galaxy 2 isn't hardcore. Mario is a kids game. It's insulting to adults--adults play shit like Gears of War and motherf***in' CoD!
Yeah...I hate the world we live in.
The folks at XPlay, are simply horribly misguided. If she and that hopeless slop that host the show can't recognize a masterful game simply because it doesn't boast photo-realistic graphics and exploding headshots, then it's clear that they're both out of touch with reality. They've lost touch with why they started loving games in the first place. Oh well. I hear the new CoD takes place during the cold war. Change of scenery, at least. That'll be fun...
Ugh...

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Chrono_Cross

Metacritic doesn't even count X-Play's reviews. Or atleast I've never seen their reviews counted for, when I looked at the scores on Metacritic.

And besides she's a woman. Who cares what she thinks.
It's all Adam. He's the man with the brain around there.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Kid_A

@Chrono Cross
They actually do count their scores, which is frightening.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Chrono_Cross

They didn't count their score on Super Mario Galaxy 2. They gave it a 5/5 and I checked the site all week and they didn't include it at all. Maybe next week I guess.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.