Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,742

Axoloth

@The Fox: You're right, I don't want Samus to have a love interest, but the way she talked about it, she sounds almost personally insulted for some reason. And she says it in such a way, she sounds like she really wants to start a fanboy war. She is trying to piss people off.
Either way, that video review was only 3 minutes long, certainly there are other more important aspects of the game to talk about than the fact that Samus has feelings?

I really don't want the next game to go in the same story-heavy direction, but I believe games like these every now and then are a necessary evil to drive the series' overall plot forward.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

theblackdragon

romulux wrote:

yeah, just kidding, let's drop this stupid thing.

that's the most reasonable thing i've heard anyone say in this thread in days. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Slapshot

" (insert review site here) is biased against Nintendo"

This is what Im talking about whining Nintendo fans. This is the new thing for some reason and it ridiculous. That is what I was talking about earlier.

@romulux.... I did read a few reviews finally and the whole "cant use her weapons but has them already to be a good person" or however you want to put it is plain dumb. I love Team Ninja and Ninja Gaiden and all its cheezy stories, but this seems like a Nintendo interference with the storyline. I seriously doubt this is the way Team Ninja thought it out, I think Nintendo had its hand in this one. Heck Miyamoto has already said he didnt like the whole Metroid: Other M idea, funny thing is, I really think Miyamoto is loosing his edge creating games, its either that or the people he has put under him.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

TheBaconator

theblackdragon wrote:

romulux wrote:

yeah, just kidding, let's drop this stupid thing.

that's the most reasonable thing i've heard anyone say in this thread in days. :3

About time...If I heard one more complaint about that...thing...I would've threw my compy out the window.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

ASDFGHJKL

Of course Miyamoto doesnt like the idea of Other M. It disagrees almost completely with his methdo of making games. It differs to how Nintendo makes games. Why do you think Sakamoto had to go to Team Ninja to make the game? The idea sounded to alien to most Nintendo's devs. But that does not mean this game was a bad idea, if it was it would have been stopped completely.

ASDFGHJKL

TheBaconator

GabeGreens wrote:

Of course Miyamoto doesnt like the idea of Other M. It disagrees almost completely with his methdo of making games. It differs to how Nintendo makes games. Why do you think Sakamoto had to go to Team Ninja to make the game? The idea sounded to alien to most Nintendo's devs. But that does not mean this game was a bad idea, if it was it would have been stopped completely.

Not to mention it has Miyamoto's worst nightmare. The main character, who is supposed to be mute, speaks and she totally doesn't sound anything like people imagined she would.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

romulux

slapshot82 wrote:

" (insert review site here) is biased against Nintendo"

This is what Im talking about whining Nintendo fans. This is the new thing for some reason and it ridiculous.

the reason it's the 'new thing' to complain about is that there really are a lot of biased sites this generation. i don't know what's caused it, but studies prove that people are more loyal to game manufacturers than just about anything else these days:
Untitled
is it really that hard to believe?

slapshot82 wrote:

Heck Miyamoto has already said he didnt like the whole Metroid: Other M idea

i never heard that; do you remember where it's from?

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Philip_J_Reed

So the scores for this game seem to be hovering between 6 and 8, which is fine as far as I'm concerned, as I wouldn't give any other classic style Metroid a higher score than that. Seems about right.

I'll pick it up. I don't expect it to replace any of the individual Prime games as my favorite Metroid experience, though.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

lilboyblue

ballkirby1 wrote:

GabeGreens wrote:

Not to mention it has Miyamoto's worst nightmare. The main character, who is supposed to be mute, speaks and she totally doesn't sound anything like people imagined she would.

I think he should've just listed to people complaint we're not out to get him lol. the controls seem to be the only complaint in previews and review. maybe he'll list to people next time w/3ds Metroid and any word of prime 4.I agree the games far from back but it seems to have mist the mark w/ lots of reviewers. I will pick this up later for the club Nintendo points and I pickup prime trilogy and the fist game is an 8 right now but I only did 3 percent of the game lol.

Edited on by lilboyblue

lilboyblue

retired_account

Machu wrote:

Still excited. xD Still worried. Dx

Sooooon I shall know the truth!1!!

rip prime :[

I've said it before (actually I haven't) and I'll say it again (for the first time), Machu is the master of expressing my sentiments.

Gettin' my Wii back next weekend so I guess I'll buy this day one on Tuesday. Woohoo!

retired_account

romulux

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

I wouldn't give any other classic style Metroid a higher score than that.

you monster.

the average score really isn't between 6 and 8 anyway, it's between 8 and 9: http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/960554-metroid-other-m/index.... (up another percentage point today? somebody's going places)

Untitled

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kid_A

Chicken Brutus wrote:

So the scores for this game seem to be hovering between 6 and 8, which is fine as far as I'm concerned, as I wouldn't give any other classic style Metroid a higher score than that. Seems about right.

I'll pick it up. I don't expect it to replace any of the individual Prime games as my favorite Metroid experience, though.

I consider Super Metroid to be one of the greatest games of all time--if not the greatest. But as for the other classic Metroid games...yeah. About 6-8.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

JGMR

I've just cancelled my pre-order, just to get it directly from the shop

With kind regards,

JGMR

Philip_J_Reed

romulux wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

I wouldn't give any other classic style Metroid a higher score than that.

you monster.

the average score really isn't between 6 and 8 anyway, it's between 8 and 9: http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/960554-metroid-other-m/index.... (up another percentage point today? somebody's going places)

Whoops, my mistake. What I had meant to say was that the reviews I personally have read were hovering between a 6-8. You're right to point out that the average score is actually higher. I stand corrected.

But yeah, an 8+/10 is a darned good score. I know we'd all like to see out favorite franchises score perfect 11s every time, but I think an 8/10 is more than enough reason to expect that you'll enjoy the game, if it appealed to you at all.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

LordJumpMad

Just cancelled my pre-order yesterday, thinking that this game maybe a Big disappointment to me.
and to think I was getting ready for it by playing Super Metroid on VC.

And you Think a Metroid game with Ninja Gaiden gameplay would be cool, if Team Ninja didn't help them self from bring in a little DOA action in to Samus.

Nintendo should have know better then letting there little Bounty Hunter Girl to a Team that like to make Bouncy Volly Ball games

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Kid_A

@JumpMad I don't understand the mentality of canceling your preorder, to be honest. It's not getting universally bad reviews--in fact the majority of the reviews have been in the 8-9 range. That's universal acclaim!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

theblackdragon

to be honest, Kid_A, i don't understand the mentality of preordering when there's going to be an abundance of copies of a game out everywhere, unless you're that hung up on the bonuses. A niche game, sure, because chances are you'll walk into GameStop and they'll just stare at you like you're a moron for asking about (insert game here), but something as big as Other M you'll be able to get everywhere (and probably a bit cheaper at Wal-Mart to boot if you're not into ordering things from the internet). it's not like canceling a pre-order means you'll never be able to buy the game ever, lol; he could very well change his mind once it's out and the general public has had their say about things. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic