Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,742

theblackdragon

Chill, Blink -- this isn't a flame war so much as it's been a discussion, and it's gotten a bit heated at times, but nothing too serious (yet). I've had my eye on it for a while now, don't worry. :3

Also, yes, this is Nintendo Life, but we can discuss things other than Nintendo here, and not everyone who likes Nintendo is going to like everything Nintendo comes up with. This is of those times. Again, it's cool, and I'm already on it, so relax, please. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Blink

All right, all right, going to take a cold shower now.

Sorry, I overreacted, I guess I have a little Nintendo "fanboy" in me. But can we at least refrain from using the "f"-word? (fanboy) That's generalization, and really does not add to the discussion...

Oh, and sorry for not having an open mind Fox, just, I dunno, I was confused.

Edited on by Blink

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

Angaran

HOW DID WE EVEN START TALKING ABOUT THIS

Angaran

The_Fox

@Blink
No harm done.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

JGMR

theblackdragon wrote:

so relax

...just like the days before Super Metroid got released...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

Blink

Personally, I'm more excited about finally getting my Metroid Prime Trilogy than this, I guess I never really got into the hype it generated. I mean, I was excited about there being a new Metroid game, but that's pretty much it. Still want to try it out eventually, but it can wait.

theblackdragon

lol guys, let's get this thread back on track and discuss some Metroids now plz :3

oh, wait, you're already discussing them, hooray. carry on~

BEST THREAD EVER

Angaran

I hope the cutsenes can be paused but you can't skip them so idk if you can pause them?

Angaran

Blink

Angaran wrote:

I hope the cutsenes can be paused but you can't skip them so idk if you can pause them?

I doubt there will be a pause feature, but I'm pretty sure you can skip the cutscenes after the first playthrough.

Oh, and totally off-topic, but lucky post! XD

Edited on by Blink

SeniorDingDong

I cancled my preorder today and I am going to lend this game some day. Around ten hours (what I have heard) are just too short, even more compared to the Prime games.

SeniorDingDong

romulux

i doubt you can do anything but watch the first time around. maybe in the theatre mode they'll let you control the videos.

some more scores if you want- gamestm 9, ngamer 87%.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

ASDFGHJKL

Odnetnin wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

GabeGreens wrote:

So the verdict after reading several reviews: This is a great game, but the weird design choices might go well with you or not. So the game itself is not love it or hate, but many of the elements in the game are. But it still looks like a very fun game, just be prepared to face off against some unusual game design choices. Some pople hated first person, some people loved it. Some people loved the graphics, some listed it as the only bad thing about the game. Some people hate the cutscenes, some people loved them.

A great summary of the reviews so far. This is probably the most excited I've been for a Metroid game since...wow, maybe ever. I'm really loving the controversy.

Yay! People agree with me! I can now sleep at night and not screw around with NL's serv...Err...I mean bake delicious cookies. Yes cookies that are delicious and dont bring down servers.

ASDFGHJKL

Blink

Swiket wrote:

Other M is the Fallout 3 of the Metroid series.

Nnnnnnnnnoo...I don't think so. Fallout 3 was a radical departure from the mechanics of the previous two games. If anything, Other M is going back to its roots, rather than leaving them behind. Granted, Fallout 3 wasn't a completely different game, but for the most part it was brand new. Other M is more like a combination of previous games of the Metroid series. But, I'll have to play it before I'm completely behind or against this statement.

Also, sweet avatar.

Edited on by Blink

Deviant_Mugen

@Blink: I think he meant due to the fact that Fallout 3 also received plenty of mixed reactions (most of the ones up in arms being the purists) when it first released...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Blink

Really? Hmm, I was thinking actual gameplay and mechanics. If that's what he meant though, I'm still not convinced. Looking at review scores for Fallout 3, I'm not seeing nearly as much controversy as Other M, at least from the professional reviewers. From the "user reviews" on Metacritic though, there're plenty of zeroes and ones, but that always happens on Metacritic. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see any connection between the two games.

And I can see the Fallout "purists" up in arms, but I have yet to see a Metroid lover bashing how Other M "ruined" the series...

Edited on by Blink

theblackdragon

Blink wrote:

And I can see the Fallout "purists" up in arms, but I have yet to see a Metroid lover bashing how Other M "ruined" the series...

that's because it hasn't actually hit shelves yet. Give it time :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Blink

theblackdragon wrote:

Blink wrote:

that's because it hasn't actually hit shelves yet. Give it time :3

Welllllll, okay. If anything, I think Prime is much more of a Fallout 3 than anything.

Hokori

@SeniorDingDong 10hrs Short thats long for Metroid, well not Prime, but the Traditional Metroids are only an hr or two long.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

JGMR

The game is already leaked/pirated...:s

Fake 'gamers'!

With kind regards,

JGMR