Forums

Topic: Grand Slam Tennis or Virtua Tennis 2009?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

KnucklesSonic8

Personally, I'm torn. I'd like to know what you guys are anticipating more or which one you plan to get (over the other)? I think reviews may have an impact this time around because both are gonna be great games with admirable features. Virtua Tennis 2009, arguably, has a stronger online focus, it seems, but we'll have to wait and see.

KnucklesSonic8

Adam

I want to get one of them, but I really don't know a thing about either. Can you enlighten us on the supposed differences? If I had to choose blindly, I'd go with Virtua Tennis since it looks better and I don't generally like EA games except for the last FIFA/UEFA titles. How does VT have a stronger online focus?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

nintendan

i think Virtua Tennis will be the better of the two. at least from the impressions i have read. but ill wait for the reviews to start coming in before i decide between the two.

i want GST just for the fact that john mcenroe is in the game and the grand slam licenses.. but from all the previews ive read, VT has the better controls.

nintendan

CowLaunch

I've only played Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast, but if the new version is anything like that then that's the one I'd suggest. Of course, if you're not worried about realism, then Mario Tennis (best tennis game I've played) is the one to go for when it finally arrives on VC.

CowLaunch

Watchful_Eye

Yeah, Mario Tennis is the best with the "traditional" controls ("Super Tennis" for SNES was also pretty cool though ) - the interesting question will be how well they will support the Wii Motion Plus.

Watchful_Eye

Phoenixus

Best to wait until the reviews start coming in, both games sound very similar in feel and content; so I'm betting the end choice won't matter too much.

Gotta go with what'cha know.

retired_account

I personally trust GST more. EA's building it from the ground up specifically for Wii and MotionPlus, whereas VT09's focus is mainly on the 360 and PS3 versions. I have a feeling that MP will just be tacked on, as it was announced to support it a little more than a month before the release date. I'll be renting VT09, but GST will be getting my money

nintendan wrote:

from all the previews ive read, VT has the better controls.

From the previews I've read (Specifically from IGN.com), GST is supposed to have amazing control.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02. Bring 'em both!!

retired_account

zane

Now that´s a tough one... So far virtua tennis is the only one with online right? There is a small chance that wii sports resort will have something akin to 1:1 tennis you know.

Old Nintendofan from up north...

Adam

No, Zane, Sports Resorts is supposed to have all new games.

Come on, friends,

zane

Yeah adam but shit like badminton or whatever might show up...

zane

Found it. Grand slam has online and both Stefan Edberg and Bjorn Borg. SIGN ME UP! I dont wanna lousy vt port...

retired_account

Yeah GST has more legends, all 4 grand slams, lots of online options and modes (so EA tells us) and basically a very robust package. Another selling point is the wealth of control schemes - you can use the nunchuck to control your player, or you can use the Wii remote only (Wii Tennis style), using the d-pad to move your character up to net or back to the baseline.

retired_account

Cheezy

I'd go with VT 2009. Has anyone played Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast? You'll know why Virtua Tennis 2009 might be the better choice if you do play it

Who Are You?

Adam

zane wrote:

Found it. Grand slam has online and both Stefan Edberg and Bjorn Borg. SIGN ME UP! I dont wanna lousy vt port...

VT is a port? That is disappointing. I didn't know that. I personally don't care what athletes are licensed for either game so long as it plays well.

Come on, friends,

zane

It looks like a port anyhew. And i don't care about which athletes arrives either I'm just being nationalist for once in a while, lol

Caliko

pixelman wrote:

...or you can use the Wii remote only (Wii Tennis style), using the d-pad to move your character up to net or back to the baseline.

Ouch... sounds like horrible control. I wonder if players who don't use the D Pad will miss more shots.

Caliko

RonF

The best one will be the one with the best motion+ controls. Although I have no inside information in any of this games, it is clearly obvious to me that GST is all over the Internet showing its amazing motion+ controls, whereas VT was reluctant to even announce this feature up to a few weeks ago. At this point, I suspect GST will be the best one.

RonF

RonF

I know both games have licenses to some top players. What about create a new character. I am sure VT will offer this possibility but I don't know if this will be available to GST. Does anybody has an idea?

RonF

Olimar_91

It's a tough call.

I'm leaning towards Grand Slam Tennis, based on the assumption that no friend codes will be used.

Olimar_91

retired_account

Caliko wrote:

Ouch... sounds like horrible control. I wonder if players who don't use the D Pad will miss more shots.

No, you just tap the d-pad up if you want to move up to the net, and down to go to the baseline. It's like Wii Tennis with more control over where you want to be - how is that horrible?

retired_account

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.