Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,080

The_Fox

Say, shouldn't the thread title be changed by now?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

romulux

grenworthshero wrote:

I agree with the dead zone thing, wholeheartedly You get used to it, but it's pretty annoying.

i'm glad to see i'm not the only one having trouble. i spent an hour or so last night going through the presets again and while they feel great as they are i just can't stand moving that slow anymore. i came to a compromise where i bumped up the dead zone and turning speeds for normal movement but left the down sight turning slow, but with high sensitivity. this lets you immediately start aiming without having to worry about the camera, which feels so nice after struggling to do that the past few days, but the tradeoff is that you can only target anyone who's on screen at the time and can't really draw a bead on anyone running by. i think being able to aim with split second timing when face to face with someone is a higher priority than shooting clueless people in the back, so it's a fair trade to me.

by the way, i like how this thread devolved from "best FPS ever!" to "what the hell is wrong with this game!" in one page. i think the glitches are more annoying than they probably should be because the game is so good that the faults seem worse in comparison. the glitches are nothing compared to the ones in the conduit, so don't be too put off if you haven't bought the game. the only thing really annoying me now is the "host has left the game" message you'll constantly see online, i'm glad jon wahlgren brought that up in the review. just let me keep my precious XP!

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

JonWahlgren

The Fox wrote:

Say, shouldn't the thread title be changed by now?

I can change it to something else, like GoldenEye Discussion Thread, if the frequent posters here are cool with it.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

@Jon: Sounds good to me...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Tasuki

Well I finally sat down and played this game. I made it through the dam level and all I can say is WOW!!!! I am loving this game. Then only thing though is I have to play with the CC I tried the Wii remote and nunchuk and it was just way to sensitive for me I would barly move the Wii remote and the screen would start spinning lol. Other than that they took what was great about the N64 GoldenEye and than some. I keep forgeting that you can sneak up on an enemy and take them down subtly like in MGS or Batman Arkham Asylum but thats mainly due to me being not able to do that in the N64 GoldenEye. Still havent tried multiplayer yet but I want to get the handle of the controls before I do that. Kinda regretting not spending the extra cash for the CC bundle but oh well I can probably find a cheap use CC pro somewhere.

Oh yeah and I loved that opening now. Just make me want to get out my James Bond DVDs and go on a Bondfest lol.

@Jon; I think you should since this seems to be the thread to discuss the game at.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Timwario

@Tasuki
If you think that level is amazing, just wait until you see the rest of the game.

Timwario

Machu

Most impressed.

Rawr!

hulklol123456789

Im gonna get it, even if NL give it a 8 and not a 9. But most of all m getting these gam,e because I want to invite my friends and try the multiplayer, also I want to have some online matches

Edited on by theblackdragon

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Deviant_Mugen

Finished the game today and came away quite impressed, if a bit frustrated at how many times I died protecting Natalya's slow (). I wasn't too fond of the quicktime events in the physical fights, but I guess since there was only two of them I can ignore them. I finally got to try the split-screen with my brother, and it's even better than the original—pointer controls for the win! I can't wait to get into it with my best friend joining in, I'm sure we'll be glued to the TV all day...

Edited on by theblackdragon

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

romulux

i've only gotten to archives and man, what a ridiculously long challenge that was! i don't think there are more than 15 seconds spent without an entire squad of soldiers shooting at you. if there's anything wrong with the game so far it's that it stretches those types of challenges out longer than you may want them to last, even if that's a welcome sort of problem.

sadly, i do have to agree with jon that the story goes downhill a little after the start. it gets a little goofier than you'd expect with all the work they were putting into it after the initial 3 missions, even if it never gets bad. one question i have so far (minor spoiler) is that there seems to be an EMP proof helicopter in the dam level... so why did janus need to steal a second one at the arms fair? or was the first EMP copter the one you shot down in the airfield escape, leaving them no choice but to find another?

also, as far as sales go it's already outselling reflex, so i guess that's a good sign: http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/05/hirshberg-goldeneye-out-selli... looks like this will be one of the few great 3rd party games to actually get rewarded with sales.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Maggots

i looooove my life when i play this game.

Oh, so delicious. For lunch.

grenworthshero

I'm in Memorial Park, and I have NO IDEA where to find the first photo for the second objective. I noticed the icon shows up in the building beside the truck, but I can't find it anywhere. Halp, pleez

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Gameday

Yea i had to unplug everytime it froze. Another question is there a thread for friend codes for this game yet. I dont want to make one if there is one. Its funny ive been playing this game everyday since it came out i was looking on youtube for matches that might of had me in them couldnt find any so far. I go by Gameday , funny thing is i seen a couple of guys on different accounts for youtube in those matches more than once . I was like man where Gameday at lol. I used to record but my capture card broke dont feel like buying another one yet. Fun online game play , never played any other games like conduit or cod on wii. I had to get this for being a 007 even though i dont see any same level designs for multiplayer or upgraded. Im not complaining , cause now i got a great fps for wii except the freezing stuff.

Edited on by Gameday

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Gameday

thanks

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J

Spoony_Tech

Gameday wrote:

thanks

LOL you already posted in that topic. I have you as friend already!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Gameday

haha i just realized that i added everyone just now on that page

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J

Will_Ireland

Question: Is Goldeneye 007 a dual layered disc? Like SSBB and Metroid OM. How do you find out if it is or not?

Will_Ireland

irken004

Will_Ireland wrote:

Question: Is Goldeneye 007 a dual layered disc? Like SSBB and Metroid OM. How do you find out if it is or not?

It's not dual layered. You can tell by looking at the back of the disc, there are some differences between a single layer disc and a dual layer disc.

hulklol123456789

Ihave just orderes it at Amazon!!! Im gonna be able to play these game like in christmas

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.